Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
just play your otk decks and smile and nod when they are successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23797162/23-2-2-patch-notes

nerfs to drek'thar, multi-strike and dragonbane shot, buffs to a bunch of cards in priest, hunter, rogue and warlock
battlegrounds nerfs to murlocs, naga, quillboar

peer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 19, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
### TrapTonk
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBATHD6CAA/GWA5mtBA2AB5zNAvKWA7acA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOOfBOSfBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Oh gently caress 7 cost Tess

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Can't wait for the :black101: from people who fished for the diamond Drek.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Best part of the patch notes is Dragon Affinity getting nuked from Duels

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

did they really just unnerf gnoll LMFAO

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Can't wait for the :black101: from people who fished for the diamond Drek.
3k gold is pretty good... I think the whole refund discourse was dumb and people will be totally fine with this.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
My only complaints is that they probably needed to hit Warrior and I feel like they probably overbuffed the beast Hunter archetype too much. It's entirely possible that Druid and Paladin can rise to challenge Warrior in a more diverse meta, but I still would like to see tweaks to Nellie + Armour gain. Beast hunter was already a kinda reasonable deck that was a bad fit for the meta, and I don't feel that getting 3 buffs is warranted. I do think that quest hunter is pretty dead with the Drek and Dragonbane nerfs. Warlock still looks like absolute garbage lol

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
3k gold is 30 packs, which is something of a deal for 25 bucks. So not a terrible refund if slightly underwhelming.

Also why are they unnerfing that loving Gnoll at the same time as boosting other classes Rogue.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I wasn't far off on the nerfs I suggested but I wasn't expecting Naga to get that many.

Also, seems like they are really pushing thief rogue :dance:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think they forgot that Maestra didn't rotate.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sloppy posted:

Best part of the patch notes is Dragon Affinity getting nuked from Duels

this, I was so loving tired of everyone going for all-dragon decks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Flayer posted:

3k gold is 30 packs, which is something of a deal for 25 bucks. So not a terrible refund if slightly underwhelming.

Also why are they unnerfing that loving Gnoll at the same time as boosting other classes Rogue.

And you keep the card, for whatever that's worth (probably nothing, unless they revert it when it rotates to wild)

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Gnoll is probably fine without Secret Passage.

Edit: Unnerfing it, I mean.

Luff fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 19, 2022

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
got a normal drek aww yea gimme that dust

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Luff posted:

Gnoll is probably fine without Secret Passage.

famous last words

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Aside from Tess are these cards people actually play? Is Standard just that bad? I don't get any of these nerfs/buffs.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rip Drek’Thar

Tooth of Nefarian feels fair at 2 mana, especially considering the efficiency of rogue’s single target removal in general.

Multistrike was absolutely ludicrous at 1 mana and I bet it will still see plenty of play at 2.

All the Hunter buffs feel pretty strong but for me the biggest is definitely Harpoon Gun. The big beast deck ran no 6 cost beasts, so the turn 3 harpoon couldn’t hit anything insane for turn 4. Now it can hit both Mountain Bear and Hydralodon for a massive 4 mana minion.

Also, honorable shoutout to Serpent Wig. That card looks like it can get out of control very fast now. I think aggro style priests still have the critical drawback of Bless being their only way to push big damage, but this will massively help them build board presence.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

My only complaints is that they probably needed to hit Warrior and I feel like they probably overbuffed the beast Hunter archetype too much. It's entirely possible that Druid and Paladin can rise to challenge Warrior in a more diverse meta, but I still would like to see tweaks to Nellie + Armour gain. Beast hunter was already a kinda reasonable deck that was a bad fit for the meta, and I don't feel that getting 3 buffs is warranted. I do think that quest hunter is pretty dead with the Drek and Dragonbane nerfs. Warlock still looks like absolute garbage lol

I’m not that worried about Warrior; Pirates feel fair/in line with the other tribal decks and control has enough famously bad matchups (ramp druid, priests, the aforementioned tribal decks) that I don’t expect it to be anywhere near dominant.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Liking the buffs to thief rogue. It was never particularly good but always fun to play.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Aside from Tess are these cards people actually play? Is Standard just that bad? I don't get any of these nerfs/buffs.

I think that's the point, nobody plays them so buffing them might bring them into the meta.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Really excited about Reno Quest Priest with those changes, I was already having fun playing that stupid deck anyway

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Firebert posted:

Quest hunter was fine before drek, will be fine now

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Desert Bus posted:

Rogue and Warlock don't exist rn and these are the archetypes you have to push if you want to change that

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Mr Beens posted:

Quest hunter was fine before drek, will be fine now
I sincerely hope that they are planning on a Patches ('Just before it leaves Standard') nerf for the Hunter quest from like 6 spells to 8 because otherwise I don't imagine we're ever going to see any other Hunter build in Wild.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

8-3 with this janky and top-heavy beast deck. one loss against a rogue who played mi'da on turn 3, the other against a warrior who had from the depths -> from the depths -> finley

barak, pet collector and at least one tarantula should probably be swapped for something better and lower-cost, possibly secrets

i haven't looked at any similar, popular decks but they're probably much better than this one

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

peer posted:

i haven't looked at any similar, popular decks but they're probably much better than this one

Build your own thing, go your own way. It's more fun.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

Build your own thing, go your own way. It's more fun.

For sure, I've played since beta and always build my own decks. I'm just letting potential beast-likers know this probably isn't the best version of it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here's the Big Beast deck I've been using today at low legend/D5+, with some good success. I also was not enthusiastic about the secret package, so I went in a different direction.

### Beastly
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Bloodseeker
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAECAbv5Awrl7wPn8APK+wOU/AP2jwTbkQThnwTaowTHsgTnuQQK9+gD6ukDqZ8Eqp8Eu6AE16ME5aQEwKwEwLkEg8gEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I went with more of focus on pulling beasts from your deck, which I think is the most OP part of the deck's gameplan. To that end I cut the Rams, Wranglers, and Tarantulas. Rams because they aren't that impactful to pull out from the deck, Wranglers because you don't really want to draw any of your beasts except your Sabers and sort-of Hydralodon, and Tarantulas because this guarantees a rush minion from your Pet Collectors.

Houndmaster Shaw feels like more of a meme than a dream, since the only real OP card with it is the Hydralodon (which is definitely the weakest of the remaining beasts btw). I will admit that Okani is not exactly a monster card either, and Hunter does need the 4 drop, so it's not THAT big of a power difference.

I think any Hunter deck not running 2x Quick Shot is leaving win% on the table, full stop. Arcane Shot is replacing On the Hunt since the 1/1 rush pollutes the Revive Pet pool.

The Watchposts pull their weight hard. Paladins, Control Warriors, and Druids all just eat poo poo while it works its magic.

Mankrik is there since you're running Barak Kodobane but might not be 100% core

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

peer posted:

For sure, I've played since beta and always build my own decks. I'm just letting potential beast-likers know this probably isn't the best version of it

Thumbs up. Also, if Kodobane is bad? Your deck is bad. It is insane targeted draw 3 for 5 with a body attached.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Doji Sekushi posted:

This has been doing surprisingly well. Just be aggressive. Most games are usually blowouts either way. Bonus: nothing in this deck is likely to be nerfed on Thursday and maybe, just maybe something here will get buffed.

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Illuminate
# 1x (0) Priestess Valishj
# 1x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Serpent Wig
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Queensguard
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Handmaiden
# 2x (3) Stormpike Aid Station
# 2x (3) Switcheroo
# 2x (3) Treasure Guard
# 2x (4) School Teacher
#
AAECAdCLBQSKowSJsgSktgSh1AQNhKMEiaMEiLIEorYEpbYEp7YE87YEh7cElrcEssEE9NME9dME9vEEAA==
#

This deck has been making people mad today, it's great. I fiddled with it and removed the two 1-cost naga and replaced them with troggs. At platinum 10 so far so we'll see.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Current bug: Dragonbane Shot and Multi-Strike are guaranteed from packs if you disenchant them. This isn't intended, and means that every pack is worth 100 dust + the other 4 cards. Use this at your own risk, of course. Blizzard can put you into negative dust if they want, and obviously can just ban people. But hey, if you have any Sunken City, Alterac or Standard packs just lying around...

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Somone build a new Thief Rogue with Tess, I want to tank my rating.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

OK so I am apparently not running Kodo in my current Tonk. Whoops. Gonna fix that ASAP.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

TONK TONK TONK. This is slim and sexy so far:

### TrapTonk
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBATHD6CAA/GWA+XvAw2AB5zNAvKWA7acA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOOfBOSfBAA=
#

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Holy Thief Rogue buffs! Gnoll should be a pretty common T3 drop now with Maestra. This is the only deck I've been playing for the last few weeks but I've only been logging on to clear my dailies. Looking forward to a proper session tonight.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Having fun in this brawl with face mage. Not tuned much, but 3-0 so far.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (0) Hot Streak
# 2x (1) First Flame
# 1x (1) Sorcerer's Gambit
# 2x (2) Ignite
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Siphon Mana
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fire Sale
# 1x (4) Fireball
# 2x (5) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 2x (9) Rune of the Archmage
# 2x (10) Drakefire Amulet
# 2x (10) Pyroblast
#
AAECAcz6AwLo9wP9ngQO1OoD0OwD0ewDp/cDrvcDsvcD9PwDio0E/J4E6J8E+6IE+qwE8NME8dMEAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### Nellie Quest
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Deckhand
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Raid the Docks
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Fogsail Freebooter
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Obsidiansmith
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Cargo Guard
# 2x (3) Defias Cannoneer
# 2x (3) Pufferfist
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (3) Stormwind Freebooter
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Nellie, the Great Thresher
#
AAEBAaGrBATerQOY9gO/gASOyQQNgrAC/ucDlfYDlvYDz/sDnIEEpooEraAEr6AEirAEqbMEkLcEssEEAA==
#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m excited to try curse warlock now!