Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm ready to dismiss this as par for the course - Nintendo has made it perfectly clear it'll just buy itself out if a stockholder asks too many questions of the 'Mario Jump Higher Microtransaction' variety.
I'm also ready for this to all go to straight to Hell in the most spectacular Naked Gun Fireworks and Disperse fashion possible.

The Saudi crown prince really likes video games. I would be surprised if there was any ulterior motive beyond "I want to own a piece of a video game company because I have more money than god."

His steam account is wild: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Abdullah_Al_Saud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

djfooboo posted:

They have to, right?
I mean, it does seem like relatively easy money, I'd imagine a DS collection is in the works. But it would also be a very Konami move to look at the DS games with their touchscreen features and shrug and say "man, that looks like work" and then just not.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m not sure how they would handle the awful, pointless drawing seals to defeat bosses mechanic on a modern system.
That's the easy one to remove, Julius mode doesn't care about the seals so you just point the rom at that code instead of the Soma mode code for the boss. There's a romhack that does just that. IIRC the same hack also makes it so you can break the ice blocks with your weapon once you have Balor's soul.

The tricky part is what to do about the mode in Portrait of Ruin with the two vampire sisters controlled almost entirely by touchscreen. And IIRC Order of Ecclesia had a secondary mode where the character could teleport around using the touchscreen. But we're talking in circles now because this discussion literally happened verbatim like two pages ago.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dolphinbomb posted:

The Saudi crown prince really likes video games. I would be surprised if there was any ulterior motive beyond "I want to own a piece of a video game company because I have more money than god."

I have no idea if this is a joke

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

dolphinbomb posted:

Yes, MBS has no ulterior motive. He's investing billions into video games because he's a fan. Rich people & murderers of a Washington Post journalist love to give back to the gamer community.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Yes, MBS has no ulterior motive. He's investing billions into video games because he's a fan. Rich people & murderers of a Washington Post journalist love to give back to the gamer community.

...Have you seen the gamer community?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

External Organs posted:

Obligatory Phoenotopia: Awakening recommendation. https://youtu.be/I7qY3fntoLg

The name is dumb though and I can never remember it.

It sounds like one of those colorblind settings, like "Deuteranopia". :v:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Palmtree Panic posted:

Lol that you're so stupid you somehow think corporate investors goals are to give back to the companies they decide to invest in.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i am a big investor of nintendo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have zero clue about the history of Ni No Kuni, but also it is very clearly a port of a DS game that had touch screen controls, and they just cut those entirely without making any effort to hide that they'd done so.

It's really not that hard. Dunno about the vampire sisters mode, but for everything else you can very definitely just remove the feature, copy/paste a different control scheme, or add a button that does the same thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume the Saudi are just treating like billionaires treat sports. Something they can brag about that can also bring in cash

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
who wouldnt brag about owning a percentage of nintendo

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
My uncle is a shareholder for nintendo, and

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m not sure how they would handle the awful, pointless drawing seals to defeat bosses mechanic on a modern system.

Hold a button while you move the stick/dpad a certain way

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I own 69% of Nintendo, and the Saudi Crown Prince is my best friend

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have zero clue about the history of Ni No Kuni, but also it is very clearly a port of a DS game that had touch screen controls, and they just cut those entirely without making any effort to hide that they'd done so.

It's really not that hard. Dunno about the vampire sisters mode, but for everything else you can very definitely just remove the feature, copy/paste a different control scheme, or add a button that does the same thing.

There was a DS version but the one on Switch is a port of the PS3 version which had the same story but was developed totally separately from the DS game. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I have zero clue about the history of Ni No Kuni

clearly

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
lol at nintendo life's snow bros special review that's just whining about how simple it is. one of the worst reviews i've read on the site

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/snow-bros-nick-and-tom-special

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo life is bad

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

life is bad

thankfully we have nintendo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Commander Keene posted:

I mean, it does seem like relatively easy money, I'd imagine a DS collection is in the works. But it would also be a very Konami move to look at the DS games with their touchscreen features and shrug and say "man, that looks like work" and then just not.

All of these collections are not done in-house, so they wouldn't be doing the work anyway.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

All of these collections are not done in-house, so they wouldn't be doing the work anyway.

yeah and they've actually done a pretty great job with them. emulator features like save states, multiple regional versions of the games, even stuff like the weird gui addon in harmony of dissonance

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

dolphinbomb posted:

Wtf. This can't be real.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Detective No. 27 posted:

There was a DS version but the one on Switch is a port of the PS3 version which had the same story but was developed totally separately from the DS game. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

The part where every spell you learn has an elaborate sigil with instructions on how to draw it, mostly

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fly Ricky posted:

Wtf. This can't be real.

its real and he likes waifus and nintendo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Willo567 posted:

lol at nintendo life's snow bros special review that's just whining about how simple it is. one of the worst reviews i've read on the site

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/snow-bros-nick-and-tom-special

Is it a good game?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I kinda love the original Snow Bros. but those screenshots look awful to me.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Willo567 posted:

game looks like poo poo OP

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its on nintendo eshop it cant be poo poo

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah haha the hell even is that budget arcade rear end looking game? It has a HI SCORE on the hud, gross

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

What about MLB The Show damnit? Is it lovely looking or livable?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is only one snow themed brothers game and thst is Jack Bros

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its real and he likes waifus and nintendo

oh who among us

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

ImpAtom posted:

There is only one snow themed brothers game and thst is Jack Bros

Pretty messed up that Nintendo never brought over Virtual Boy games to the the Virtual Console on 3DS.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo is still researching ways for the switch to destroy eye sight and inflict debilating migraines to make the virtual boy experiance as accurate as possible

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

mdemone posted:

What about MLB The Show damnit? Is it lovely looking or livable?

I’m also still wondering this too :ohdear:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

An Actual Princess posted:

game looks like poo poo OP

So you've never played snow bros on the NES or arcade?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Willo567 posted:

If shilltendo life is giving a switch game a bad score then it's a poo poo game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everyone knows the premier Bubble Bobble rip off is Don Doko Don

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

hot take: all bubble bobble ripoffs are good.

also don doko don isn't one because it's made by the same company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I did not know until now that Puzzle Bobble had a switch port.
That game was a classic