Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also Sideshow Bob means the Simpsons had a better Frasier then Frasier did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Also Sideshow Bob means the Simpsons had a better Frasier then Frasier did.

Spoken like someone that has never seen Frasier visit a ski lounge or direct an old timey radio drama.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think any reasonable person can agree The Simpsons really ended with the movie. That still leaves only half their run as absolute brilliance but that's enough to ignore the turds.

Oh my god the simpsons movie is 15 years old?!?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Voted 2 which, as mentioned, is getting housed. I will say Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Frasier is a solid line up. The Office is overrated and beaten to death, but it is still better than a lot of things on that list, too.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hot Diggity! posted:

Elon Musk is a piece of poo poo, who knew!

Absolutely everyone.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Office is the main thing keeping me from taking Team 3 and never looking back, to be honest.

e: agreed on Team 1 being the Angels, can't think of a better analogy for that grouping.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

drat I wonder why he tweeted this yesterday

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1526961470562508802?t=eTGTOn81u6QcTOH5741xbQ&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

An allegation that Musk offered a horse in exchange for an erotic massage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/DanHayesMLB/status/1527369878641881102?t=uTWvbpSH3xVF-vgBGlNq7w&s=19

To me, team 2 is clearly the winner on Simpsons alone, but adding in Seinfeld, Veep, Chappelle's Show and Atlanta is just icing on the cake.

Also, they drafted the wrong Mike Judge show.

Unconscionable that Friends got drafted and Living Single didnt

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’ll never understand people who claim Friends is a great comedy? Sure it was popular, but did it have any lasting impact, do anything noteworthy like change trends on how the industry approached sitcoms or whatever? Seems just a relic of its time to me but I also was clearly never a fan

Ross and Rachel, my dude. Thinking it's funny is a different matter but it's impacted everybody whether they like it or not.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Honestly I could make an expansion team of King of the Hill, Malcom in the Middle, Mr. Show, Fresh Prince and The Golden Girls to give any of them a run for their money.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Team 4 is the deepest one by far.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The UK office doesn't age well.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
On the plus side, there's no Family Guy on any of these lists.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

I liked Silicon Valley, my only problem with it was that each humorous problem they ran into was more or less the same where all hope seems lost then they pull it off at the end. Also finding out TJ Miller was a sex pest didn't help.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

On the plus side, there's no Family Guy on any of these lists.

Also, no South Park!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Theme park money chat, just recently did two days three nights at Disneyland with 3 adults and a kid (thanks braks) and I went into it with the vacation money mindset, I just mashed the buy button on all the in-app niceties, the photo pass, genie plus line skips, we ate 2 meals a day in the park and that came out to an extra $1000 over the base price.

I was expecting a lot and it was, so expectations met.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Team 1 had 2 top picks with Friends and Saturday Night Live if we're talking cultural significance. In fact I think SNL could've been 1st overall.

Team 2 getting The Simpsons that late is the steal of the draft.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

I liked Silicon Valley, my only problem with it was that each humorous problem they ran into was more or less the same where all hope seems lost then they pull it off at the end. Also finding out TJ Miller was a sex pest didn't help.

Also, no South Park!

Thats the weak link for sure, but the "inside out" scene is so good. Also, I kind of give TJ Miller a soft pass on the sex pest stuff since he literally had a softball sized chunk of his brain removed that controls executive function and every allegation is from after that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

I dunno man Scrubs being the oldest and longest running show makes me a bit hesitant to call it deep at all, especially given that Community and Parks & Rec both had entire seasons you could say suck rear end.

Anyhow, this is well worth everyone's time:

https://twitter.com/joelneill/status/1527244400098672641

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

Honestly I could make an expansion team of King of the Hill, Malcom in the Middle, Mr. Show, Fresh Prince and The Golden Girls to give any of them a run for their money.

King of the Hill
Party Down
Better Off Ted
Corporate
Married with Children
Newsradio

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fsif posted:

hosed that no one took Peep Show, though.

Peep show is def a selection bias thing from being online and not something a lot of folks are exposed to.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

Peep show is def a selection bias thing from being online and not something a lot of folks are exposed to.

For sure but it's the GOAT sitcom (show in general?). Figured with Succession taking off the way it has Peep Show would get more eyeballs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I have never heard of Peep Show

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's good and on like three different streaming platforms.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Manoueverable posted:

The Office is the main thing keeping me from taking Team 3 and never looking back, to be honest.

The Office is one of my all time favorite shows but I was in my early/mid 20s when it came out so it resonated super hard. Also the first few seasons are incredibly good and even the disjointed later seasons had some really brilliant bright spots (Robert California particularly).

Also whoever said Party Down :hf: so loving good

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Taste the meat not the heat

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m on a gravy train with biscuit wheels

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good god you’ve got a fat neck Hank

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Its Rinaldo posted:

I have never heard of Peep Show

It's very good but if you don't like cringe comedy it becomes a bit harder to recommend

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Good god you’ve got a fat neck Hank

Fucker I was gonna say that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a sexual elk posted:

Fucker I was gonna say that

Thatherton :argh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

The Office is one of my all time favorite shows but I was in my early/mid 20s when it came out so it resonated super hard. Also the first few seasons are incredibly good and even the disjointed later seasons had some really brilliant bright spots (Robert California particularly).

Robert California was the best thing about The Office post-Steve Carrell. I like to think that James Spader didn't even get a script and he would just wing it and they'd fit a plot around him

https://youtu.be/SzgG94Tz2Ak

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

I loved it when it first came out but then it got kind of over saturated and the basic kids at my college got way too into and it lost its allure.

But then I rewatched it like ten years later and it actually is really loving funny and holds up well. Steve Carrell is just brilliant. Like, feels weird to say that his performance was underrated considering he was the lead in the decade's most popular sitcom… but he was underrated somehow still.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fsif posted:

I loved it when it first came out but then it got kind of over saturated and the basic kids at my college got way too into and it lost its allure.

But then I rewatched it like ten years later and it actually is really loving funny and holds up well. Steve Carrell is just brilliant. Like, feels weird to say that his performance was underrated considering he was the lead in the decade's most popular sitcom… but he was underrated somehow still.

Carrell and Rainn Wilson are perfectly cast. Probably the most perfect casting decision in TV history outside of Jason Alexander as George Costanza. He’s still the king of sitcom comedy as being probably the best character of all time and could not have been played by anyone else.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I tried watching through The Office in 2017 and the first or second joke in the first episode was about Donald Trump. Couldn't take it seriously after that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

I tried watching through The Office in 2017 and the first or second joke in the first episode was about Donald Trump. Couldn't take it seriously after that.

Sadly he was a reality tv personality on the same network so there were maybe like 4 or 5 references throughout the series.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's very good but if you don't like cringe comedy it becomes a bit harder to recommend

See that’s my issue, I also didn’t like either version of the Office, if I wanted to watch a dim, gawping jackass make everything awkward for everyone I’d just hire a film crew for my day to day

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LeeMajors posted:

Carrell and Rainn Wilson are perfectly cast. Probably the most perfect casting decision in TV history outside of Jason Alexander as George Costanza. He’s still the king of sitcom comedy as being probably the best character of all time and could not have been played by anyone else.

The best casting decision in TV history is James Purefoy as Marc Antony

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Spoeank posted:

Robert California was the best thing about The Office post-Steve Carrell. I like to think that James Spader didn't even get a script and he would just wing it and they'd fit a plot around him

https://youtu.be/SzgG94Tz2Ak

James Spader is another one of those actors whose characters make my skin crawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
D'you think Elon Musk's dick looks more like Ben Rotheseburrgehergh's or Brett Favre's?