Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Prurient Squid posted:

I just Googled Little Richard and he looks like the kind of guy who'd write a song about assfucking and call it Tutti Frutti.

Yeah, he and Prince do have similar aesthetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah, he and Prince do have similar aesthetics.

Prince made that one Batman track that was so boring that it gives people a glimpse of hell. Little Richard didn't.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

What the gently caress

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Barnum Brown Shoes posted:

What the gently caress
Megadooder is a gout-ridden imbecile hth

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

theres a couple fun clips where he does some crowd participation pentatonic scale stuff

Yeah, I saw him at Berklee a few years before he had his big hit. I got to go up on stage and sing backup for him in a group. It was a very fun show.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Megadooder is a gout-ridden imbecile hth

Thank you, I have not been keeping up on the lore.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Imagine being this amazing acapella virtuoso but not only is the one (1) song people associate you with a novelty song you threw together 30+ years ago but most of them don't even realize it's acapella.

That being said I imagine that Don't Worry Be Happy was big enough that Bobby McFerrin has never had to worry about money since and never will. Which is probably nice.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

FreudianSlippers posted:

That being said I imagine that Don't Worry Be Happy was big enough that Bobby McFerrin has never had to worry about money since and never will.

Yeah, he'll probably be happy about that

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Imagine being this amazing acapella virtuoso but not only is the one (1) song people associate you with a novelty song you threw together 30+ years ago but most of them don't even realize it's acapella.

That being said I imagine that Don't Worry Be Happy was big enough that Bobby McFerrin has never had to worry about money since and never will. Which is probably nice.

Based on the video, he seems pretty well-adjusted for a jazz weirdo. He doesn't seem to loathe the success or crave it. He just went on his merry way doing more of the weird jazz and classical stuff. Well, maybe a few commercials on the side.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wait. Wait wait wait wait wait. Hang on. poo poo.

https://twitter.com/UweBollocks/status/1514822054108975105

They don't?!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

...that's what I imagined, too. Is it not like that? Is it like vampire bats where they just pierce the flesh and then rapidly lick the wound?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That was what I vaguely assumed too, but in retrospect I suppose the slurping noise would kill the darkly erotic mood

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They can drink blood however you want them to because vampires aren't real

There, problem solved

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Holy poo poo, they're not?

I might actually sleep tonight, thank you

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wait what about wolfmen

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Brawnfire posted:

Wait what about wolfmen

not hollow either

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Brawnfire posted:

Wait what about wolfmen
They are real and they have nards

(the nards are hollow)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Captain Hygiene posted:

That was what I vaguely assumed too, but in retrospect I suppose the slurping noise would kill the darkly erotic mood

Plus, you can't get multiple slurp juices on your mantle/cape.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

Most sex poo poo I've ever done has involved a lot of slurping tbqh.

Yeah, I've had sex

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I fear nothing but fear itself and also Draculas.

They're real to me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

They are real and they have nards

(the nards are hollow)

Air is stored in the balls.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Much like it wasn't until now that I ever realized Don't Worry Be Happy is acapella, I also never considered that vampire fangs weren't just sharp straws. This thread is really living up to its ambition. Unlike the Post Funny Pictures thread, which is very disappointing.

Philippe posted:

Air is stored in the balls.

What is all this "nards" and "stored in the balls" and other weird phrasings I'm seeing more and more here?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

credburn posted:

What is all this "nards" and "stored in the balls" and other weird phrasings I'm seeing more and more here?

For the second part:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pee-is-stored-in-the-balls

The first part is just people online making funny words for the dilz area, it ain't complex

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6KrC-PHcQ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imagine an acapella but they only use instruments :catdrugs:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How would one even orchestrate such a thing?!?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Brawnfire posted:

How would one even orchestrate such a thing?!?

idk just wing it. play it by ear or whatever

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Movie still holds up. My 9yo loved it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

E: That'll teach me not to click on YouTube links before replying!

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Wasn't it from The Goonies? "Wolfman's got nards" or something?

I believe it was Groundhog's Day

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I remember Mrs. Doubtfire had a scene where a kid said something like, "I saw her peeing; she has nards." I was in a room full of girls and I was awkward and shy and like 10, and got embarrassed or something. My mother and her stupid loving friends would call me "nards" for years after that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

credburn posted:

I remember Mrs. Doubtfire had a scene where a kid said something like, "I saw her peeing; she has nards." I was in a room full of girls and I was awkward and shy and like 10, and got embarrassed or something. My mother and her stupid loving friends would call me "nards" for years after that.

"Have you met my son, Nards?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Somehow I never realized until now that the weird terminals on 9V batteries are set up so they can interlock with each other. So you can set up a two battery short circuit, or directly plug a thousand of them in series with each other and wire them into something to see what happens.
I'm not sure what to do with this info, but there it is :byoscience:

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
That did always strike me as a bad design. Give a kid (me) two 9V batteries and it's a matter of seconds before baby's first short circuit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

theres a pretty intense scene in Kramer vs. Kramer that starts out with Hoffman & Streep accusing each other of not having nards, but it ends with them acknowledging each others nards. The kid has left the room at this point. It wild seeing that in cinemas though

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

credburn posted:

The specific term "nards" doesn't seem to be in Mrs. Doubtfire. This is the relevant exchange, after the discovery:
-Lydia (threatening Mrs. D with a tennis racket): You're gonna get it.
-Chris: ...In the balls!
-Lydia: She's got 'em?
-Chris: She's got everything.

I wonder if "nards" was in a TV edit, though. You couldn't say "balls" on TV in the 90s, right?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The only thing I think I've ever heard "nards" in is the Monster Squad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rodbeard posted:

The only thing I think I've ever heard "nards" in is the Monster Squad.

same here, but 15 posts ago

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
'nards' has this almost uncanny status as a word that was used once, in situ, and no other utterance of it since has been genuine, but is instead a reference to that first cultural utterance

I don't even think it can be called a meme, it's like an ur-referent

If I was 15 years younger and remembered my Barthes and McLuhan better, there's probably better terminology for it, but nards has some real-rear end impact for a dumb nickname for balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I believe I may have the answer to your confusion. The Scottish call them "nads" which is what Mrs Doubtfire was, It could have been in the cinema version and changed by people who knew what it meant for VHS, or Williams may have said it in character while doing the talk shows.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/