Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

wha?
did we clip into the backrooms somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

wha?
did we clip into the backrooms somehow?

The bathroom MAY have an entrance on both sides and after cleaning up, we just exited through the other door. The apartments are so decrepit that the bathroom may be the only normal entrance to the "main" area.

Edit: It's hard to tell, it just says we went to the door, then a pause before saying it opened onto the cool blue hallway, so I'm not sure if the yellow hallway is the same one we just exited into (either with magical reality bending doors or glitch glitches) or a seperate hallway and the hallway is just a hallway.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 20, 2022

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I presumed that the hallways are the same, with it briefly becoming a backrooms version. Hard to say exactly though, whether the yellow versions are permanently overlaid on top of the world or just something we occasionally fall into. Like in pluto towers it seemed like parts of it were permanently corrupted.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh okay. I wasn't sure if that was a backrooms version of the hall, or just one that was quickly overrun with ash from the broken window and moldering because *gestures at the rest of the apartments/setting*

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Randalor posted:

Oh okay. I wasn't sure if that was a backrooms version of the hall, or just one that was quickly overrun with ash from the broken window and moldering because *gestures at the rest of the apartments/setting*

I guessed the latter

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
It could be otherwise, but it does seem yellow+mold+hate = 'backrooms'.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

*votes*

Oh no. OH NO.

:ohdear:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Black August posted:

[Amazing 14-Success-In-One-Update Streak!]

we're rilly good at getting baked, in a couple of ways

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

taiyoko posted:

*votes*

Oh no. OH NO.

:ohdear:

Hooray, we get to meet everyone!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Randalor posted:

Hooray, we get to meet everyone!

Yeah, but is it gonna break our quest hand-in and make us somehow have to restart the quest again, with even more glitchiness, in hopes of getting Paprika's pack? I'm not sure we can handle a "first time for the third time".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Yeah, but is it gonna break our quest hand-in and make us somehow have to restart the quest again, with even more glitchiness, in hopes of getting Paprika's pack? I'm not sure we can handle a "first time for the third time".

Yeah, but this time we have the item, so when we meet Fire Joker again, and they tell us about the quest, we can just hand them the "Moloch Buster".

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - True To The New Of The Styles From...

Shark Water and Short Straw are keeping it loose. - 8
Pastel Hell and Mana Calx are being that high-class intense. - 6
Tuesday Forecast and 90 Cross are having fun! - 9

...LOADING

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
I missed the vote, but I think I'd probably have voted for the winning option here. I feel like our protagonist needs a little (non-glitchy?) fun after all that's just happened. (I can't recall what, if anything, we've heard about Tuesday Forecast and 90 Cross, but hopefully they can make this a good time for our poor beleaguered protagonist.)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[Oh no.]

[No no not another hurdle. Not another deformity. It's just as bad as the last time. An entire hub of locations, items, NPCs, quests, all of it uncertain of its when and where thanks to some unknown criticality weeks ago. It's happening again, enemy data loading into a map that has none, and there's anxiety spikes and stealth checks every single tile that's traversed. With half the walls and windows gone, the ash storm simply tears through open space; each discolored tile has hundreds of screens worth of nothing but 'Ash Pile' listed. There's only one prayer for enough stability to try to see the quest through to an end; the bathroom. Like many bathrooms in the game, it could be locked and turned into its own separate mini-map, which helps with turning them into safe zones and shaking enemy pursuit. But this could also be used and abused; if the map data isn't loading right, then forcing a map reload by locking the bathroom and coming back out might do the trick.]

[A lovely little blue sanctuary. Anxiety begins to drop immediately, and after using all the bathroom options allowed it stabilizes. There's even a Disquiet check from having gone too long trying to not think self-destructively, but it barely passes! Such luck. Is this enough? If the quest is finished, then maybe this can be fixed. Maybe the strange not-Buster can be cashed in. Maybe healing can be had. Maybe a Safehouse will be made. The door is unlocked, and the map reloaded.]

[Yes! It's clean! It's exactly as it should be for a pre-party. It's just a matter of going in, talking through the party, waiting for Fire Joker to arrive, handing her the goods, having the second half of the party, and then the day should FINALLY force-end and roll over to the next day with the quest done. The party just has to go without a hitch, and that should hopefully be simple. It'll generate some of the 1st Met who are predictable to deal with.]

[...]

[The Thundering King is listed as 'Murderous'.]
[Bloodshop is listed as 'Depressed'.]
[Tuesday Forecast has never spawned this far out from the Salt Lones.]
[90 Cross has never, ever spawned outside of Paradise. They're one of the hard Paradise-only Backup. Why is the Many-Coloured Squire at the party?]

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, didn't all of the Backup leave Paradise with Dancer when she accidentally left her keys in the tower?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Nope. 1/3rd of the Backup crew was locked inside.

Also:

quote:

"...agree that outside of the Lords and the Backup cult, the hardest bosses for any build includes Apocalypse Maggot, Death Efflorescence (both the 1st and 3rd Year versions), 76, Gasoline God, Sister Sister Fulgora, Chjotzo, The Murdering Space, One-Tusked Vorpal Boar, Hibakujumoku, The Hellpit of Mud, Cthonian..."

Well apparently that flower was on par with 76 as one of the toughest things you can kill inside the game. The curious thing is that the player mentioned that there was no Death Efflorescence fight in the game at all, but this isn't the first time we've seen inconsistencies between the game the player is playing and what's described in the Blue Book. We also encountered (and set free) the Murdering Space in the containment breach after the Zenith Noon.

I don't think we've seen the rest of these, the Vorpal Boar makes me think it's related to Sauber and Hibakujumoku might be 被曝樹木, or 被爆樹木 maybe? Which if I know my kanji it might mean it's an irradiated tree or a tree blasted by an explosion or something, maybe we'll find it when we go to Burner's megalith.

Grond fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 21, 2022

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
there seems to be wild variation based on maybe seed or if you are doing a "onerun" (which I think is your first run through with a copy of the game). some blue bookers think the tyrant is fake for instance. our game playing protagonist seems very knowledgeable about the game but their information definitely isn't perfect

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

CoolCab posted:

there seems to be wild variation based on maybe seed or if you are doing a "onerun" (which I think is your first run through with a copy of the game). some blue bookers think the tyrant is fake for instance. our game playing protagonist seems very knowledgeable about the game but their information definitely isn't perfect
I think it's been said explicitly the game destroys itself when you die, and it defends itself somehow against making copies or even source-diving to some extent. It's a onerun because you only get one, for each copy of the game, and there are very few copies left:

quote:

[The power comes on.]

[A monitor flickers uncertainly in the dark. Speakers growl decay as the title music sings at the silent room. It took a lot of time and effort to find the game, and the parts for a setup it would allow itself to be run on. But it was working - one fresh copy, decades old; one last chance.]

[The game that only gave you a one in a million shot.]
My theory is that the forum posts and similar which don't seem to know what the Tyrant is are from an alternate reality corresponding to the Holy End in the game.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Yeah, also there have been blue book posts that were talking about hex distances or something similar. It looks like there are two games (Hell End and Holy End) but even within Hell End there might be significant variations between different copies.

Now as to why there are so many different variations of the same game and yet people seem to be thinking there is only one version even though there are Blue Book posts for Hell End and Holy End, we (or at least I) have no idea. Maybe there are alternate realities in the player's world as well or something.

Grond fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 21, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Grond posted:

Nope. 1/3rd of the Backup crew was locked inside.

Oh, okay. Maybe there's some RNG to who is actually in the tower, and 90 Cross is normally weighted to spawn inside, with a rare chance of being outside. Or maybe they just normally hoof it back to Paradise when another Backup dies.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

pumpinglemma posted:

I think it's been said explicitly the game destroys itself when you die, and it defends itself somehow against making copies or even source-diving to some extent. It's a onerun because you only get one, for each copy of the game, and there are very few copies left:

My theory is that the forum posts and similar which don't seem to know what the Tyrant is are from an alternate reality corresponding to the Holy End in the game.

right i don't think but they wouldn't need a name for "someone who does it in one" if all players were influenced by it. maybe your one run is the Hell End and after that the game digivolves into the Heaven End version or something?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Grond posted:

Yeah, also there have been blue book posts that were talking about hex distances or something similar.

lol, for that one case, that's not intentional but just a mistake leftover from the GURPS writing (which uses a hex system)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CoolCab posted:

right i don't think but they wouldn't need a name for "someone who does it in one" if all players were influenced by it. maybe your one run is the Hell End and after that the game digivolves into the Heaven End version or something?

I'm wondering if it may be a case of choosing to do an unlimited run (maybe without the Lady Death stuff at the stuff?) to learn the basics and how to survive more than 5 minutes, or a 1-run, which includes the time limit? I thought the Blue Book mentioned doing trial runs before doing a 1-run in some of the entries.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

All runs of Zen Hell End are oneruns. There is no practice; only the Blue Book as a guide.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

Black August posted:

lol, for that one case, that's not intentional but just a mistake leftover from the GURPS writing (which uses a hex system)

Ah, I see. Actually I tried to get into GURPS back in the day because of the flexibility of the system but the amount of complexity in the simulation and all of the addons left me a bit intimidated to be honest. Maybe I should give it another try some day...

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Black August posted:

Mistake or just one very strange copy?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Marluxia posted:

Mistake or just one very strange copy?

I mean in the meta, despite the abstraction of GURPS Superlite distances, I’m still often using the basic of hexes/yards when finagling rough distances for certain scenes and powers. ‘Speed’ is not only how fast you react, but also move, in yards per second of running. Which is why the Berserk run with a glitched Speed of 35 was silly, since that’s 105 yards per second, or like one mile per minute?

Anyways it’s nothing to worry about, just pretend it’s a propriety insano-blend of roguelike grid coupled with phantom hex overlay.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Black August posted:

Anyways it’s nothing to worry about, just pretend it’s a propriety insano-blend of roguelike grid coupled with phantom hex overlay.

What's that? It's just yet another version of the game that we've seen references to countless versions of already? Sounds like a good explanation to me! Next you'll be telling us there's a version with a dark and gravity based called Tyrant or something ridiculous like that!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Black August posted:

I mean in the meta, despite the abstraction of GURPS Superlite distances, I’m still often using the basic of hexes/yards when finagling rough distances for certain scenes and powers. ‘Speed’ is not only how fast you react, but also move, in yards per second of running. Which is why the Berserk run with a glitched Speed of 35 was silly, since that’s 105 yards per second, or like one mile per minute?

Frankly, this seems like the kind of game that'd internally refer to grid locations as hexes even though they're obviously squares.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You walk in. Assess. Hi hi, Backup. Singer on the scene with the clean.

Let's see. Are you free to do the scan'n'speak?

(!ESP β) 11 - [1]+[6]+[4] = 11 - Success.

Yeah. You got the slick. You're in the quick. Check check;

PAX PILLS
There he is. Caught in the moment. Shiny red superscrubs bunched up from leaning down as he bends with the sound. He's administering to the bluelight specials of the little livingroom plant patch, foraging for the chemsweet that'll soothe away the existential. He's looking over his shoulder expectantly where the door clicks, and his pinpoint eyes dilate at your sight.

TUESDAY FORECAST
Who is that staring at the clouds outside the other end of the music machine? It's her, the forecaster. She's small, but her true stature is hidden. She's draped in an enormous number of blue tarps sewn into a petal-shroud robe, her back burdened by her portpack with the dish and antenna that gives her the skyscoop. Her head is the same cloud mystery, trapped under a heavy-weave black basket helmet. The only visible is her hands, small and clawed and dark blue, as they play with the dials on her radio to once again try and find the hidden of the Paradise Frequency. But in the meantime, she cooked the juke to listen in on JC, bringing you best of the Jandoubi TV hits.

THE BAYROOM TRIPLETS
At first, the heart tells you 'WORRY!' over the three willow-tall, tri-strong, handsome-young triplet men. But then you see; formal waitstaff clothing, in shades of gray and jade and mint, stained with ichor and dust from the neverending shift. They're here to dish, and it's all for your sake as an honored guest. Their hair is identical dirty platinum, eyes all three the color of cold summer jade. Their bodies betray harpy design, wingless, with the extra long angular of their features and limbs. They move with the skin-tingling grace of three who are one, instantly flowing around one another with coordination that creates unprecedented quality of service. Even Dancer herself delights when the Triplets wait on her, and no Backup is going to squinch the tip after they storm by to make life just a little more Paradisical.

BLOODSHOP
You poor boney thing. Look at your dollar store misery. Your face a disgusting smear of dollar store makeup and running mascara, your eyes the red of the dead. The cheap of your dollar store duds finally showing, torn and crumpled and stained. Sadness beyond value wrapped in dollar store mortality. He's lain on the couch, the precious precious precious of the last last last drugs raided furiously to bring any peace to his bloodcold mind. The Liaison is without diplomacy, and what remains is the amplification of what drives all Backup - RETURN TO PARADISE RETURN TO SAFE RETURN TO FORGET. Catatonia doesn't suit you, Bloodshop. Can't you remember how bright with manic insane you were, when you watched Dancer do the chop chop in the room, where the oil had to be cut? You hugged her while she vomited into the sink for the sixth time that longest final night, and you just loved just loved to scurry the carvings away when the pile was high. You had so much fun. You'll never have that kind of pure, living fun, ever again. Bleeder is dead.

90 CROSS

̧͘ ̢̕̕͝ ̸̷̴̶̧ ̶͟ ̷̢̧ ̵̀͘ ̧͘̕͟ ̶̵̷͘͝ ̡̀͢ ̛̀͢͠ ҉̛͟t̴̢͜͡h̴è̸re there (there) there THERE they are.

God love in Paradise the holy of the One Crowned Arcade. The regal teenager reclines on the sofa, and they're looking at you mildly. Why are you in Paradise? They're dressed in the legend of the Magic Black Armor, the ebony-gloss plate suit which scintillates with one thousand enchantments, famous for the ridiculous of its gigantic pauldrons. But they move and relax with the armor effortless, never seeming to catch its oversize on the surroundings. Their face is seen, skin stained by an evershift of saturated colorlights, perfect bobcut of ultrablack hair framing the intense of their Arcade Eyes. They wear the arching Arcade Crown, made in Paradise of ultrablack microcabinets and liquid gemglass displays, all to help radiate their aura and cast the entire room into the corridor blacklight of the Arcade. They think ov ͏́́ ̢ ̶̷͡ ̸̨͏͠ ̴̢̛ ͏́́ ̢ ̶̷͡ ̸̨͏͠ ̴̢̛ ͏́́ ̢ ̶̷͡ ̸̨͏͠ ̴̢̛

THUNDERING KING

('BREAK THE TRAITOR')

Wait, w-

THERE IS A GIGANTIC DRYAD WITH A HUGE LIGHTNING ROD AND SHE'S ABOUT TO SMASH YOUR SKULL IN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(THUNDERING KING - ALL-OUT ATTACK TO THE BRAIN) 19(-3) - [2]+[6]+[5] = 13 - Success.
[-2 Your Defense]+[-7 Target Brain]+[+6 All-Out Attack 'Determined']

43 damage reduced to 1 damage!

...AAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! poo poo!!!

HP: [ 2 / 25 ]
FP: [ 7 / 15 ]

You're on the floor screeching, curled up kicking from the headshock being strong enough to induce tremors. The rod came down directly on your braincase with absolutely stupendous force, making you seize up while your central nervous decides to check out why the six-pack subscription is thrashing uncontrollably. You're too blinked to catch the next scene, but the Silver Mind manages to watch. The Thundering King raises the metal killrod for another smash, but hesitates when she hears your scream, and is then dogpiled by Pax Pills and the Triplets. Everyone else is too stunned or sauced to react, and just watch while the massive dryad is accidentally tipped and tumbles back to fall on top of Bloodshop, which tips the speakers by the couch, which crash onto 90 Cross.

Tuesday Forecast watches without saying anything. You hyperventilate to try to get your neurons kickstarted, and watch with wounded dream while the Triplets suddenly act with the grace of a routine done one thousand times. The Thundering King is up and robe smoothed. The speakers are back in place with couches to perfect-corner realign. 90 Cross is brought to standing and brushed of chip bowl debris. Bloodshop is gentled onto the couch with top hat back in his arms and his face freshly wet-wiped to clean and dry. Pax Pills is hauled by all limbs and lain in the blueplant bed, where he spreads and calms among the glitterpollen. Then the Triplets are back to the table as if nothing had happened, while you sit up with hands stuck out and body jittering harder than a kitten stuck on top of a power-cycle washing machine. The Thundering King is looking around at everyone, and she begins to gesticulate wildly. So hard that some of her trinkets fall off, while she moves around animatedly and turns to face one of Pax, 90 Cross, or Bloodshop. She looks beautiful in the arcade blacklight, her violet robes aglown, hidden mask dancing with dark prism. You just stare while trying to force your arms to remember how to exert push-and-pull force, your legs thankfully ready to ambulate. You've dropped the case, spilling it open so the deadly ultraweapon can kind of just □□□□□ onto the blacklit floor. Oh , great. Radiance Party. You decide to just stay still, since now Pax is waving at the King and languidly telling her "Nah nah, Fire Joker said they could go get the case. Remember Singer?" He looks at you, eyes bugging as he shares "Sorry. She thought you were Burner. It's cool you got the case. Fire Joker will take call real soon and we'll party in meantime. She can make it clean."

wha?

The Thundering King has picked up the case and its contents, and she □□□□□ back in and then seals it with a charm. The radiance slowly fades, no longer leaking, and she kicks it under the buffet table with vicious body language. She doesn't even look at you, and just storms out with slammed doors. Everyone is awkward for a minute before Pax gestures and the Triplets are suddenly on you. You're picked up. Your suit smoothed and tie redone. Head carefully checked and hair neatened. Shroud restyled. Swords buckled back in. You look immaculate, and one of them very carefully holds you without seeming to since your body still isn't 100% mobile again. H- hi hi, Backup. Singer here. Younnnnnnhhhh, you fall over but it's instead turned into you taking a dramatic walk with the Triplet's guidance, so you're sitting next to Bloodshop with crossed legs and folded hands, which is great since you can't move while your spine shrugs out the tremors from the insane brainpound. Uhm.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][30%] [Social? Can We Go Back To Skull Trauma?]

Oh, cool. That part of your brain is working again. You inhale and fall back into your body, deathly aware of the sudden social after the complete shakedown of the last day. The King is gone at least, and now you're surrounded by old and new faces as the center of attention and oh God that's Bloodshop and they look really awful and this is deeply uncomfortable for you. He seems to see you at last. "Oh... OH! SINGER! OH, YOU'RE OKAY!" His tophat is back on. He flies in to hug you, but grips the couch at the last second with fresh tears in his eyes and chewed-up fake fangs mumbling his mouth. He remembers the nozone from the second of the first time. Right? Nozone. He just holds the couch and looks like a horrible snotty-tears batboy, animal in posture as he tells you "I'm so happy you're still alive! Horrible poo poo is happening and people are DYING!"

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%]

Ah. Yeah. You don't say? You shift just a little bit while trying to think of a way out of this, but then the weird arcade one moves in and says "You're not here to hurt someone, are you?" Your hands go up and you shake your head with pounding heart and still-squirmy bowels, terrified of more violence after how amped-up the trip here got you. Pax Pills insists "They're Pax! Singer is Pax." But the superarmor kid rolls their head and their eyes while sizing you up. "You have proof?" Proof. poo poo. poo poo. Proof. How? You... wait wait wait. You open your hand! Look! See? One of yours gave it to me! You spread palm open to 90 Cross.

[TICKET TO PARADISE]

The Many-Coloured Squire makes a sound of disgust, but they accept it with complete sincerity. "Yes, fine. You know the shape of the Island. That doesn't mean you're welcome in Paradise. You have forever here anyways, so... maybe if you can show everyone why she thought you were worth the while, you'll find a place among us. Either way, if you need anything, just think of Alma and say 'I wish I wish' before you actually make a wish. I'm going to think of a proper game to challenge you with."

You have absolutely no idea what any of that means. Your brain skips a beat wondering if it's trapped in the current again, and all you can recall is that you just flashed your hand, and the weird megamagic teen is now leaving you alone. You slam your hand closed with fear, remembering how Paprika reacted, and wonder why you thought that was something you're just supposed to DO in Paradise. Paradise? Is that the name of this party? What? You feel your stomach do another quick flip, and you realize you can at least start with a drink. You raise a finger and shakily ask if you could have some punch. Before you can even lower your hand, the Triplets have coordinated a glass, filled it, garnished, and settle it into your grip with a small towel and straw. You pause to get your hackles down from having seen three people move that terribly fast, and look back to the sniffling Bloodshop. You uh. You sip your drink (tastes like darkfruit moonshine), and say that you've been... in your valley, dealing with. How. Things have been getting lately. The Liaison just nods and nods and sniffs, settling back into depression. "I don't want to be the pooper. This party is for you. You did us a super solid and stopped the sleepy sisters from coming up and taking over, so that's scoreboard with us and the Sunburners. For real real. Just like... chill with us. Fire Joker will take the deliver and we can just relax for once. It's so bad for everyone everywhere and I just want to forget that again."

You drink harder, agreeing with the hope to forget. The sooner this hellish errand is over, the quicker you can avoid being found out as a murderer, and back at the hideout to safely plan the next walk with some goodwill in your pocket. Right now, you're entering a state of anxiety that's going to start rapidly compounding itself, especially after you got gonged in the dome. You have to clear yourself up so you can handle this pressure, but you're too jazzed up to think straight. You take a deep breath, search your unmemory, and carefully find a way to save your grace.

(IQ - Just... Think) 10 - [6]+[3]+[1] = 10 - Success!

Wait. Wait! DUH! You just went and got that case! You're a mess, dirty and gross and unwell, so there's one thing you absolutely can do right now! You stand up suddenly, POUND your drink, and tell Bloodshop with all apologies that you need to run to the bathroom and would it be okay to get a shower in before Fire Joker is here? Bloodshop snorts and coughs, replying with a mopey "Oh Singer, of course. It's through the bedroom there and to the right." You squaddle over without looking at anyone as you rush to escape to private freedom, but Pax calls right before you open the door. "Check - Singer!" Oh God. Yeah? He's still among the blue garden, spread angel red, looking up at you with one arm extended. There's a colorful metal scrip bottle in his hand. "Singer, that was stress; not Pax. Find it back in here if you want." PILLS! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Sure. You open a hand as he turns the bottle and pops some pill into it, and you thank him with a danced little scuttle through the door. The bedroom beyond is silent, merciful with empty, smelling sweet of perfume and long-cooked narcotic. You follow your instinct's screams and run to the opposite door, nearly clipping the bed in your rush, to enter the actual Paradise of this place.

ANXIETY: [ X ][20%] [God Bless The Latrine]

Is there anything more holy than a clean clean bathroom with an infinite hot shower? You answer that by stumble-leaning over the sink to expel a few hard gag-coughs, shrugging off the incredible pain in your head, spine, and stomach. She was going to kill you! Why? That is, you know it was a mistake she made, but you can't remember clearly what the Backup said the reason was. She thought you were... someone else? Either way, it feeds your reassurance that you must be

The Dark posted:

CONSTANTLY vigilant, CONSTANTLY suspicious of all other living things, CONSTANTLY ready to die, CONSTANTLY ready to kill.
That's life. That's life. That's life.

ready at all times. With your bile spat, you quickly shed all you wear and throw it to the floor, lying on the cool cool tile with a gasp of relief at how it soothes your disgusting dirt-heated skin. You soak in the soft of the sanctum, eventually standing up to crank the shower right on to supermax, dozens of misting jets revving up from their crystal install-flows as they calibrate to the asked-for 'Ideal' temperature. You stand bare while you fall into a nonstate, brain sizzling with its injury as anxiety bleeds itself away and the plea for just one kiss of Heaven answered. If you could only stay here forever. Before you leap into the liquid embrace, you open your hand and stare at the pill you got.

What is it?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Hm.

Well apparently the other Dryads are not in good terms with Burner. Good thing we got bonked in the head. I'm just thinking that maybe fusing that Veil wasn't the brightest idea, now we can't remove it and everybody who knows Burner knows we're going to have some sort of connection with her. I think that's also why Fire Joker tried to kill us the, uh, first first time. I wouldn't be very surprised if our character is somehow repressing all the hints that Red and Blue are Burner and Dancer at a semiconscious level. It's not like things aren't tough enough already without that to think about.

About 90 Cross... Maybe that's the Squire in the Home timeline? They both have the same stuck up attitude at least. I don't recall the Squire there being a kid but he had a thing where he constantly reincarnated after death IIRC. I guess it's the same as Cassandra or Crocell working for MC&D in the Dark End, guess most colonists that survived either ended up as cultists or agents or who knows what. Which, uh, doesn't bode too well for the Miner if she's still alive in this timeline. Apparently he's acting like he's still in Paradise, which, uh, I guess it makes sense since he never was supposed to spawn outside of it.

I think Tuesday Forecast could predict the weather? Would've been nice to at least get a warning about that ash storm I guess.

And that thing about Dancer cutting the oil and those garden shears... I wonder what's that about, I think that was mentioned earlier as well.

Grond fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 24, 2022

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

That three-petal yellow/blue/red pill sounds very like the Godhead item from Binding of Isaac. That means it’s probably very, very good.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
All of the pills sound so pretty. It's hard to choose. :allears:

It seems like killing Bleeder made the situation worse instead of improving it. There's obviously the chaos and destruction created by the mourning of the other Lords and their cultists, but also, the land affected by Bleeder's megalith hasn't reverted, and his cultists are still dying forever, but without anyone to soothe them even temporarily. poo poo. :gonk:

Well, it's not like Smiercia cares.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

tFUCKINGmesis posted:

All of the pills sound so pretty. It's hard to choose. :allears:

It seems like killing Bleeder made the situation worse instead of improving it. There's obviously the chaos and destruction created by the mourning of the other Lords and their cultists, but also, the land affected by Bleeder's megalith hasn't reverted, and his cultists are still dying forever, but without anyone to soothe them even temporarily. poo poo. :gonk:

Well, it's not like Smiercia cares.

But Bleeder didn't die, which makes the situation all the more hilarious depressing. I'm wondering if the lands didn't revert/start regressing because he wasn't killed, just unLorded.

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011

Randalor posted:

But Bleeder didn't die, which makes the situation all the more hilarious depressing. I'm wondering if the lands didn't revert/start regressing because he wasn't killed, just unLorded.

He didn't? I'll have to go reread again.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

tFUCKINGmesis posted:

He didn't? I'll have to go reread again.

Yeah, his body disappeared, but we got his soul, and the character sheet is glitchy about Bleeder's alive/dead status. Kinda like Momma Fireswamp, come to think of it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm assuming he survived us from this post.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Oh god the tropic pill scares me.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
If one is going to go on a trip after a VERY stressful job, a tropical destination doesn't sound so bad to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011

taiyoko posted:

Yeah, his body disappeared, but we got his soul, and the character sheet is glitchy about Bleeder's alive/dead status. Kinda like Momma Fireswamp, come to think of it.

Randalor posted:

I'm assuming he survived us from this post.

Thanks!