Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Team 1 has the Perfect Show The Good Place and is only brought down by the others but Schitts Creek was phenomenal too. New Girl started really strong but tailed off near the end.

Friends is whatever but the real travesty bringing the whole thing down is Sex In The City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/burgwx/status/1527466024144195591

How the hell is Denver getting snow, and can you ship some here?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Had a very weird experience on a work trip today. I had planned to stay the night in Cleveland because I was going to be in a meeting until 5, and the latest flight out on United to O'Hare was 6 PM, and I figured no way I'm going to make that flight, so I booked a flight for tomorrow morning. At 4:30, the meeting was wrapping up and my boss told me to try and change flights to today, except when I tried it was all booked up and only had standby. Well me boss kind of kept pushing it, even though he was still staying the night. He ended up suggesting I book through another airline, which I eventually did. So I made it home, but now I've been on hold with United for like 45 minutes trying to cancel my flight.

I wouldn't have bothered, but he kept pushing it, so I finally just booked a new flight. I'm probably wasting like $300 between cancelling flights and a hotel reservation that I was too late to cancel. Good thing my boss was there because my expense report is going to be a loving mess and I hope I don't get a bunch of questions.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/burgwx/status/1527466024144195591

How the hell is Denver getting snow, and can you ship some here?

Every year people are surprised at the May snowstorm and every year I laugh in their faces

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I watched a ton of The Office in college and while I liked it, it just didn't resonate with me like Simpsons, KOTH, 30 Rock and Parks & Rec did. I think the cringe humor got too off putting for me.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'm flying into that disaster tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ZbpxV382U

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't know how Cheers isn't even in the conversation, or for that matter, I Love Lucy. Not that I loved either one, but they were just incredibly impactful shows, everyone watched them when they aired and they've both been popular enough to stay in syndication for decades.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also if British comedy shows count, Peep Show isn't even in the top ten.

loving Monty Python??? You know? Fawlty Towers? Red Dwarf? Jeeves & Wooster? Spitting Image?

But I'm pretty sure they only want American shows.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know how Cheers isn't even in the conversation, or for that matter, I Love Lucy. Not that I loved either one, but they were just incredibly impactful shows, everyone watched them when they aired and they've both been popular enough to stay in syndication for decades.

Cheers and I Love Lucy are both in that image

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's very good but if you don't like cringe comedy it becomes a bit harder to recommend

I am appalled by cringe comedy so thanks for the warning

Leperflesh posted:

Also if British comedy shows count, Peep Show isn't even in the top ten.

loving Monty Python??? You know? Fawlty Towers? Red Dwarf? Jeeves & Wooster? Spitting Image?

But I'm pretty sure they only want American shows.
People talk about Fawlty Towers but some one season show doesn't seem like it could ever be really that good. Like, it's Firefly levels anti hype for me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

People talk about Fawlty Towers but some one season show doesn't seem like it could ever be really that good. Like, it's Firefly levels anti hype for me.

Fawlty Towers got two seasons but British seasons are incredibly short so there's only 12 episodes total

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Despite her going completely loving insane in the last decade, Roseanne is low key the best 80s sitcom that exists.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Despite her going completely loving insane in the last decade, Roseanne is low key the best 80s sitcom that exists.

i don't really think you can consider a sitcom that ran from 1988 to 1997 an "80s sitcom"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

i don't really think you can consider a sitcom that ran from 1988 to 1997 an "80s sitcom"

Fine, low key best 90s sitcom.

Edit: actually no, the first fourish seasons are the best and "The 90s" as a cultural concept didn't really start until late 91, early 92, so most of the best of Roseanne is firmly in the 80s.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 20, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The '90s started with either the Gulf War or the collapse of the USSR.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The '90s started with either the Gulf War or the collapse of the USSR.

I go with the release of Nevermind by Nirvana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skwirl posted:

I go with the release of Nevermind by Nirvana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

Depends whether we're speaking politically or culturally, I suppose.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Depends whether we're speaking politically or culturally, I suppose.

I was talking about a sitcom, so culturally.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skwirl posted:

I was talking about a sitcom, so culturally.

Here's a tough one: where does Seinfeld (premiered in 1989) go, '80s or '90s?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Here's a tough one: where does Seinfeld (premiered in 1989) go, '80s or '90s?

Seinfeld didn't really hit it's stride until the second or third season, and then it kept getting better, so firmly 90s.

Simpsons are the same

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Skwirl posted:

Fine, low key best 90s sitcom.

Edit: actually no, the first fourish seasons are the best and "The 90s" as a cultural concept didn't really start until late 91, early 92, so most of the best of Roseanne is firmly in the 80s.

Out of curiosity, is the reboot/continuation any good? I keep being tempted to watch it because of how much I love OG Roseanne

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I've heard she's been getting treatment for her TBI, stopped drinking every day and gotten off pain and sleeping pills and she's back writing and doing stand up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Had a very weird experience on a work trip today. I had planned to stay the night in Cleveland because I was going to be in a meeting until 5, and the latest flight out on United to O'Hare was 6 PM, and I figured no way I'm going to make that flight, so I booked a flight for tomorrow morning. At 4:30, the meeting was wrapping up and my boss told me to try and change flights to today, except when I tried it was all booked up and only had standby. Well me boss kind of kept pushing it, even though he was still staying the night. He ended up suggesting I book through another airline, which I eventually did. So I made it home, but now I've been on hold with United for like 45 minutes trying to cancel my flight.

I wouldn't have bothered, but he kept pushing it, so I finally just booked a new flight. I'm probably wasting like $300 between cancelling flights and a hotel reservation that I was too late to cancel. Good thing my boss was there because my expense report is going to be a loving mess and I hope I don't get a bunch of questions.

That’s a man who wanted there to be no chance of you meeting his call girls.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Somebody wanted to do some shady poo poo and wanted no witnesses.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’ve been thinking a lot about why Musk’s widely circulated photo from the met (I think) is so unsettling and I think this guy nailed it.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1527552707782909952?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alaois posted:

Cheers and I Love Lucy are both in that image

Not reading something had never stopped him from critiquing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Ticketmaster revolution when? $50 ticket and loving $24 in “fees”

Get hosed

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

No Butt Stuff posted:

That’s a man who wanted there to be no chance of you meeting his call girls.

This is the only thing I could think of.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Get hosed

Ticketmaster has a legal monopoly and it's utter bullshit. They deserve to die in a horrific fire.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

I would like to imagine the conversation started off with rational arguments, and as it became clear it was not feasible to actually fly out that day the arguments devolved into outright begging you to just leave before 6:21 for no actual reason at all. I had something similar happen trying to tell my dad not to look under the bed once at like 13 when some skin mag was hidden there or something. To be fair he did not actually look, though I think he knew what was going on. Is your boss in sales? Whenever I had to travel to conferences for work, all of the non-sales people would go and get dinner together and see more touristy stuff, while all the sales people would hangout in the hotel bar without their wedding rings.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 20, 2022

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve been thinking a lot about why Musk’s widely circulated photo from the met (I think) is so unsettling and I think this guy nailed it.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1527552707782909952?s=21

Change the hair color and give him a spray tan and it's basically Trumpface

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Get hosed

The ugly truth is that it's the venues that implement all the bullshit fees and Ticketmaster is just the face of the bad guy.

Like Goodell is for the owners.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/AlphaMasculini1/status/1527056029351043072

Just one of the weirdest twitter threads I've ever seen. Really hoping this is a gimmick post

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Thing is Ticketmaster owns Livenation as well so is also the venue.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

That's not a gimmick post. That's standard masculinity posting. If the account holder isn't some shithead kid, he was almost certainly a PuA like fifteen years ago.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pain of Mind posted:

I would like to imagine the conversation started off with rational arguments, and as it became clear it was not feasible to actually fly out that day the arguments devolved into outright begging you to just leave before 6:21 for no actual reason at all. I had something similar happen trying to tell my dad not to look under the bed once at like 13 when some skin mag was hidden there or something. To be fair he did not actually look, though I think he knew what was going on. Is your boss in sales? Whenever I had to travel to conferences for work, all of the non-sales people would go and get dinner together and see more touristy stuff, while all the sales people would hangout in the hotel bar without their wedding rings.

This was actually the owner of the company. I kind of doubt he was up to something shady since we weren't even staying in the same hotel. I think he's just used to making changes on a whim, and he has so much money that he doesn't even care about losing out on a couple hundred bucks, where I would never do that. He also has all sorts of rewards stuff, and so making changes is probably easier and cheaper for him than me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Forrest on Fire posted:

That's not a gimmick post. That's standard masculinity posting. If the account holder isn't some shithead kid, he was almost certainly a PuA like fifteen years ago.

I like how many of his sources are from quora.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BigPaddy posted:

Thing is Ticketmaster owns Livenation as well so is also the venue.

That's the thing. Venues are subject to the whims of both Ticketmaster and LiveNation, both of which essentially own the live event space in this country, and the vendor agreements that arenas have with them, for example, say that they can't accept any tickets purchased from a third-party site (only tickets purchased online at Ticketmaster or directly at the box office).

Five Flags Arena here in Dubuque looked into trying to somehow waive the convenience fees that Ticketmaster makes them levy if people purchased tickets directly at the box office or by phone, instead of online). They were told in no uncertain terms they would be blocked from booking any and all LiveNation shows in the future if they did so.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

I like how many of his sources are from quora.

I like how the pictures he uses are just utterly horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yeah I wanted this to be a Poe's law thing but if it were it's a really, really dedicated gimmick glancing through his timeline. On the other hand I guess he got an excuse to share his collection of pics of hot women and horses.

Do not do that looking at his timeline thing by the way if you don't want to torture yourself.