Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I like HP5 because it's (relatively) cheap, personally I prefer to shoot it at 800 or 1600 to bring out some character and grain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just recently picked up an a6000 after selling my Fuji X100S to a goon, first thing I did was get a m42 adapter and pick up a Takumar 50mm 1.4 and travel to Chicago for vacation.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Picnic friend

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Upgraded my 40D to a 90D and now I don’t know what to do with the old one. Any ideas? Doesn’t seem like it’s really worth selling and I can’t imagine anyone wants to even like give it to their kids.

I could maybe turn it into some kind of bird cam hooked up to a raspberry pi if there aren’t any other ideas.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

i'm digging those for sure

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I recently found my old E-P1 in a closet, so I threw it in my briefcase and and have been loving around with the fisheye body cap lens during my lunch breaks at work

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 14, 2022

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Would appreciate some feedback on this image below. I really like it but cannot decide if it is well balanced or drastically unbalanced which I suppose speaks to my composition skills.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Trying to get out shooting with my camera more often and getting a bit happier with the results. These were from walking around the neighborhood yesterday with just a 17mm prime on my E-M5. Think I'm going to go out more often with just the prime lens and see what I can capture.

Tram Lookout by Kevin Barbour, on Flickr
Canal Sitting by Kevin Barbour, on Flickr
Bikes and Boats by Kevin Barbour, on Flickr

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Would appreciate some feedback on this image below. I really like it but cannot decide if it is well balanced or drastically unbalanced which I suppose speaks to my composition skills.
Personally I like it, I think it's a good balance of negative space with the peeking in of the building edge.

Jato fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 20, 2022

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Is it balanced? I don't know. But I dig it. I would consider aligning the top of the rope with the image vertical, but perhaps that messes things up, and it is certainly fine the way it is now.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

theHUNGERian posted:

Is it balanced? I don't know. But I dig it. I would consider aligning the top of the rope with the image vertical, but perhaps that messes things up, and it is certainly fine the way it is now.

Thanks. I had actually tried what you suggested but the bottom rope looked like it was at an unnatural angle so I put it back in the end.

Thanks for the feedback.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You could always cheat it by using the transform features in LR.. assuming you use LR.

I think the image as presented does the job just fine though. It doesn't feel poorly balanced to me at all.

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

gull by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

bucket by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I heard there was a grain shortage, so i thought i'd contribute

Taken with the absolutely shittiest camera i could get my hands on, the majestic M68F. It doesn't have a take up spool, it just shoves the film into the right side of the camera, assuming it'll roll up by itself. Yes, that scratches the film.
Shutter speed? Lol. Aperture? Nah man. Exposure? Whatever.

HP5 in Rodinal.

The camera 'works' a lot better with color film, but this just so happens to be the series of pictures i'm scanning.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I love the WW2 vibe.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Some recent favourites of mine:

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Two pictures from a set of negatives i forgot about because i was fully convinced they were woefully underexposed.
Turns out, there were a lot of pretty cool pictures on there. These were taken with probably a Ricoh 500g on Rollei Retro 80s film, developed in Rodinal (so probably effectively 50 iso, it amazed me that with just 50 iso you can take pictures of bands on stage)

theHUNGERian posted:

I love the WW2 vibe.

Thanks!

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 28, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Went to Bratfest. I really enjoyed the colors on this.

Something about that blue rust combo.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 29, 2022

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

brogue by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

rags by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

uptight by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 1, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Walking through campus on the way back from the marsh.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 1, 2022

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Some half frame (12x24mm) pictures taken with my Canon Dial 35 on Bergger BRF400 film dev'd in rodinal.

Bergger BRF400 is discontinued, but they made a new film called Pancro 400. I love the grain structure of the brf400 film. Much smoother than some other 400's i tried without becoming overly soft like Tmax. The pictures are obviously grainy because they're half the size of a normal 35mm frame, but
The way it handles overexposure is less graceful, it doesn't handle shiny objects (like painted metal) very well.
Perhaps Bergger's new film is better in that regard, definitely worth a try. About half the price of a roll of TriX so not too expensive either.

I do hope their new emulsion is a bit harder. This is by far the most i've ever damaged a film in normal processing. Tons of scratches.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 31, 2022

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I like the first shot.

LimaBiker posted:

without becoming overly soft like Tmax.

What makes you say that?
I shoot primarily Tmax and I find it very sharp. It even says "World's sharpest" on the box

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

It's too smooth, too perfect to my taste.
It's possibly objectively the best, but in film that's not what i'm looking for.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Check out the new Orwo emulsions, they may be up to your liking. I shoot a lot of UN54, which is 100 speed but has the same sort of look you're describing. N75 is their 400. I'm yet to try it but very keen to.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

I liked how this one came out

Ibexaz fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 7, 2022

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
_MG_9920 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

i finally understand how the light meter is working

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nice, looking well exposed and managed that depth of field to have your foreground nice and soft

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

beams by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

cement by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

scootch by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

restaurant-scooter by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sqiurl2 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

_MG_0084 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

The new Jurassic World movie was nowhere near as entertaining as getting to walk around the Citadel Mall once again.

Citadel Mall-161 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-165 by Will King, on Flickr

Citadel Mall-167 by Will King, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

peeky by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

fiddle by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

_MG_0405 by Toaly Paz, on Flickr

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

dancing-in-the-street by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

sticker-rip by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

laughing-at-everything by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Went to Des Moines for a concert and wandered to the Kum n Go around midnight for snacks. They have a very active revving and burnout community that hang out in cliques of the trucks, the mini motorcycles, regular crotch rockets, and your 90s imports. It was kinda weird, but glad I didn't hear any of that when trying to sleep. I wanted to get a photo or two of the ridiculously small cycle crew, but I didn't want to risk getting a wedgie if someone took it the wrong way.

Pace Juvenile Center Mural
by Philip V, on Flickr

Street at night
by Philip V, on Flickr

801 Grand Building
by Philip V, on Flickr

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 23, 2022