Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just intensely, intensely tired of people thinking their talking will help the "identified patient" whether irl or online. A couple of years of trying to run wraparound services and watching a round table of parents and teachers focus their "concern" on a kid over and over really blew me out. It blew me out, I don't know who I am any more. Yes, it's me. It's my problem. I don't want to give the impression I want that guy to languish or come to more harm, but it all just seemed like you were brigading him. Sorry.

e: lmao loving aces :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

the white hand posted:

It's cloying, presumptive and obnoxious

are cloying, presumptive and obnoxious the words you're looking for there

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think that guy might be beyond the help of this thread

Every time I look at r/collapse I see a post like that one and you can pretty safely assume that it will only get more and more common

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of stopping drinking, if he's at that much and especially at that sustained amount of alcohol intake, he's going to want to taper off instead of cold turkeying it.

Yeah, I tapered down and it didn't hurt at all

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i think that guy sucks and should poo poo or get off the pot

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

CODChimera posted:

Every time I look at r/collapse I see a post like that one and you can pretty safely assume that it will only get more and more common

maybe

but you cant blame people for wanting to try when someone posts a cry for help

it's only gonna get worse anyways, so you might as well practice talking people down from the ledge while it's internet strangers on a dead gay comedy forum before it's the loved ones in your life having mental breakdowns after losing everything in an extreme weather event and maxing out their credit cards in an attempt keep their children sheltered and fed

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

CODChimera posted:

Maybe, but I hope not (poster). Made me kinda sad to look at his post history and see him getting very angry @D&D climate change thread in 2021, and state that he was in the "acceptance" stage... because probably not. We have all seen some poo poo in the last few years, and I'm sure his story overlaps intensely with some other thread regulars (and banned good-poster, Rime)... sometimes it ends with people good-posting pictures of their little garden or backyard wildlife.

Coping is good, actually.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

CODChimera posted:

Oh yeah for sure there's some deep stuff here we can't help with but he chose to ask for help here so what are we supposed to do just ignore the poor guy?

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
anyone here actually do anything besides philosophize, rubberneck, and bitch?

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
If you don't taper off of alcohol it can actually kill you, very important thing to remember if you're going to try and avoid hospitalization. If you are I'd recommend enlisting the help of a trusted friend to watch you as you taper in case you have a seizure (I did and I don't remember any of it)

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

pnac attack posted:

We game.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

IAMKOREA posted:

Oh yeah for sure there's some deep stuff here we can't help with but he chose to ask for help here so what are we supposed to do just ignore the poor guy?

gently caress that poo poo, yeah sometimes it's pointless and sometimes a few words saves a life

Crazypoops has issued a correction as of 17:39 on May 20, 2022

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm all for accepting oblivion and coping in whatever ways work for you but being an alcoholic or on hard drugs is a pretty hard life so i'd avoid those options unless you have terminal cancer or something

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

pnac attack posted:

nice first two posts here

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
man is very sad, he drinks plastic lined cans all day and is depressed. he goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him to quit drinking so much and hands him a link to one of the other end times threads. they both die of plastic caused cancers by 50. the end, applause, curtains. very sad.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Minera posted:

man is very sad, he drinks plastic lined cans all day and is depressed. he goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him to quit drinking so much and hands him a link to one of the other end times threads. they both die of plastic caused cancers by 50. the end, applause, curtains. very sad.

Lesson is, drink from glass

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Minera posted:

Sad young goon goes to convenience store, gets drunk with massive case of many alcohols, doesn’t feel good and changes – DOOMERISM. Many such cases!

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin
I appreciate the concern but due to the nature of my work funnily I am very fit, and as a consequence still have a some what good brain, a job that involves walking 25 kms daily stacking and unstacking 15 kg crates in a warehouse. Yet no matter how many drugs and alcohol I kill myself with, I can never escape Knowing. I dont even believe that what I have is depression anymore, but a completely sane reaction to the state of the material reality around me.

I can still derive pleasure from nature, still enjoy the fleeting pleasures of this earth like my girlfriends extremely nice rear end. All the experiences are amplified just because you always loving know it's all gonna come tumbling down. Ironically my sex life has gotten even better because I gently caress like it's the end of the world lol. So not all is bad.

It's just that it takes more and more drugs and alcohol to get there, and it's only because being sober in these times will gently caress any sane enough person up. poo poo, if this is all depression, then I just dont trust anyone who isnt depressed.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
I think I know where the White hand is coming from, having been there in the past.
It is very easy to interpret others' clumsy, impotent attempts at helping out as obnoxious and vacuous, or even malignant or at least self-serving. Especially if you have been isolating yourself emotionally because of the pain you have gone through.

Very hard to break through that wall, and comments like 'shut up, bitch' are likely to just reinforce their position .

But this is not the self help thread, this is the thread for staring into the abyss.
I don't believe either poster is doing themselves a favor scrolling it in their present condition.
Disclaimer : I am dumber than dumb.

Mayor Dave posted:

^^^ a lot of the posters itt have been exactly where you are Tony, you can make it through

empty whippet box posted:

Tony Tone I hope you don't take anything anyone is saying on attack on you. Everyone just wants you to be happy, sure the world is going to absolute poo poo in every possible way. It's not your fault and you shouldn't have to suffer for it.

two-time fee has issued a correction as of 17:58 on May 20, 2022

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Tony Tone posted:

I can still derive pleasure from nature, still enjoy the fleeting pleasures of this earth like my girlfriends extremely nice rear end.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Tone posted:

I appreciate the concern but due to the nature of my work funnily I am very fit, and as a consequence still have a some what good brain, a job that involves walking 25 kms daily stacking and unstacking 15 kg crates in a warehouse. Yet no matter how many drugs and alcohol I kill myself with, I can never escape Knowing. I dont even believe that what I have is depression anymore, but a completely sane reaction to the state of the material reality around me.

I can still derive pleasure from nature, still enjoy the fleeting pleasures of this earth like my girlfriends extremely nice rear end. All the experiences are amplified just because you always loving know it's all gonna come tumbling down. Ironically my sex life has gotten even better because I gently caress like it's the end of the world lol. So not all is bad.

It's just that it takes more and more drugs and alcohol to get there, and it's only because being sober in these times will gently caress any sane enough person up. poo poo, if this is all depression, then I just dont trust anyone who isnt depressed.

I identify profoundly with this and wish you the best

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

tiberion02 posted:

lmao, love our lil guy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

blessed

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pnac attack posted:

lmao gently caress off fed you can't even make like van spronsen yourself for all the bitching you do about Statism or whatever

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/19/more-than-3000-potentially-harmful-chemicals-food-packaging-report-shows

More than 3,000 potentially harmful chemicals found in food packaging
International experts who analyzed more than 1,200 scientific studies warn chemicals are being consumed with unknown long-term impacts

Scientists have identified more than 3,000 potentially harmful chemicals that can be found in food packaging and other food-related materials, two-thirds of which were not previously known to be in contact with food.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

pnac attack posted:

We're e-squatters

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

sucks dude. you're adjusting to post-holocene coordinates. not your fault! it'll get better. it's been said but for rlz - drugs don't help. if i can do this sober, you can too! try the old cold dead bird for a bit and try to remember that the collapse of capitalism is a joyous, beautiful thing. the universe will be a better place when it's gone. in fact - it is already gone, if you have the eyes to see it.

there is an extraordinary amount of liberation just on the other side of where you're at. we live in a moment of pure grace, where nothing and everything is possible at once. make your own rules!

incredible.

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 18:18 on May 20, 2022

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Tony Tone posted:

l

This isn't true man. You need help that we can't give you but you don't need to be a professional to tell someone that life can be worth living and it's the loving alcohol tricking you into thinking it's not. Life can actually be great, climate change and all. But you'll never see it lost in the bottle. Speaking from experience here. Good luck brother.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pnac attack posted:

I recycle

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pnac attack posted:

gently caress no

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

nice first two posts here

thanks

nice, i reduce/reuse

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i recommend buying a cocktail shaker set and somr kind of an e vape - well mixed cocktails can include more fruits and vegetables and less empty calories than beer, and vaping your weed is probably a little less harsh and carcinogenic on your lungs than smoking. stay healthy doomers!!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Occasionally somebody will kramer in and tell us all its actually really simple, we just need to recycle and vote. Which gives us soul energy we need to sustain this graveyard lan party.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

pnac attack posted:

i laugh.

there's so much to laugh about and the content is tremendous.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
imo at least *try* to make things better, or remove yourself from the equation (which would make things better)

could also bitch about how unsatisfying computer touching is, huck your starbucks cup out the window, and post about it i guess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pnac attack posted:

imo at least *try* to make things better, or remove yourself from the equation (which would make things better)

could also bitch about how unsatisfying computer touching is, huck your starbucks cup out the window, and post about it i guess

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pnac attack posted:

that starbucks cup is going into a valuable Pile of Anarchist Resources

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
fugue of self-loathing

is a good name for something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

pnac attack posted:

IRL I also consume products and actively make the environment worse with my lifestyle.