Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I just noticed that recipe uses Walla! instead of Voila!

Walla!

I've posted the recipe in here before and we all talked about that then too. If you can get past all the bullshit like that the recipe is really good, I promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MaximilianK posted:

Monkey pox is definitely here in NYC and they don't know how it transmits yet.

My wife's family is in town from overseas and my BIL and his partner are doing a weekend trip there right now lmao. At least they are both very strict about masking.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah I was getting pretty depressed, lethargic, and bleh by the beginning of this month and still no nice weather, but the last week and a half ish of summer weather have changed my mood completely, gently caress that was a long winter-spring whatever and I hated it!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I just quote The Crow a lot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
please shower all of your best queso recipes upon me

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh yeah so some :wtc: poo poo happened to my dad’s friend this week. Dude had to get his leg amputated above the knee because of years ongoing complications from an ankle surgery resulting in some kinda hosed up infection that was eating his leg that they couldn’t stop

Except he has severe heart issues preventing general anesthesia I guess so they lopped it off under local anesthetic :stonk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Judianna/status/1527470407321894914?t=BSuvuK13SlrHgjNvX0EG6g&s=19

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

It's raining for the 3rd weekend in a row. How do people live in rainy places? I miss the sun. Gonna slow braise some beef short ribs in ale and drink a lot of said ale about it today.

Legal weed, a sun therapy lamp for about 20 minutes every morning around 8 months out of the year, plus the overwhelming smugness that the rain enables spectacular greenery and natural beauty helps quite a bit. Plus you just kinda get used to it, an umbrella becomes a sign of personal weakness and easy marker for tourists (or parents of kids in track and field because lol at standing in that poo poo for 4 hours on a Saturday morning). There’s a reason 3/4 of my wardrobe is flannel or water resistant!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’ve lost like 25 pounds this year and would easily throw it all away for that holy moly

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hily poo poo this Chip and Dale movie is amazing so far, not what I expected at all but in a great way.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hahaha, just got to the part with the ET vs. Batman movie

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Truly a Meltdown May to remember

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1527774704018280448

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I need some real street fighting lawyers like the ones in Street Fighter the Movie! There was a lawyer one right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ProtonInspector/status/1527644296836435968

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
They haven't reported any cases in NYC yet put it's jumped the pond to Toronto. I'll let you do the math.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok hear me out. Karaoke bars in airports. I really could’ve used one yesterday.

You can’t stick around long, so you just sing your song and go. No people hogging up the list. If you bomb, well you’re never seeing them again anyway.

Unless they’re on your flight.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

swickles posted:

Hily poo poo this Chip and Dale movie is amazing so far, not what I expected at all but in a great way.

Just watched with the kids and legit enjoyed it. A lot of great throwaway jokes mixed in.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh thank god there's only a weekish left in my current position. I am pretty done right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Heard un-sexy Sonic was in it and was reminded that was a big kerfuffle a few years back

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kalli posted:

Heard un-sexy Sonic was in it and was reminded that was a big kerfuffle a few years back

He goes by Ugly Sonic and is voiced by Tim Robinson. My 4 year old son who is pretty into Sonic right now was dying at the mere idea of Ugly Sonic.

I'm a sucker for cheap nostalgia and for basically anything with Mulaney so I was an easy mark but I think most people would find it pretty enjoyable.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought monkey pox was a joke reference to something not an actual illness

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow my luggage that was supposed follow my redirected flight from Atlanta to St. Louis did not get loaded on the plane, so now I'm waiting for the next arrival at just past 8pm CST. I've been traveling from Portland since about midnight this morning and I was supposed to be in central Missouri by noon.

In addition to Pre-TSA checks, I'll start spending :20bux: for nonstop flights.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought monkey pox was a joke reference to something not an actual illness

There's a whole ton of variants including

Cowpox, Camelpox, Skunkpox, Raccoonpox, Horsepox, Gerbilpox, Volepox and ones that don't affect humans like Goatpox, Sheeppox, Swinepox, Quailpox, Pigeonpox, Fowlpox, Turkeypox, Sparrowpox

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Is chickenpox one?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chickenpox is a herpes variant, all the ones I listed that affect humans are similar to small pox, the bird ones are a bit different then that and the goat and sheep ones is another type and swine pox is its own as well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I like the idea of Amber alerts but holy hell they are absolutely annoying, it's 2am in the morning, I'm sleeping in bed, I'm not gonna find the car you're looking for.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyway, not sure what this is about, but lol:

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1527801150237458433
https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1527803459633922048

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

Somehow my luggage that was supposed follow my redirected flight from Atlanta to St. Louis did not get loaded on the plane, so now I'm waiting for the next arrival at just past 8pm CST. I've been traveling from Portland since about midnight this morning and I was supposed to be in central Missouri by noon.

In addition to Pre-TSA checks, I'll start spending :20bux: for nonstop flights.

I only take connecting flights if I absolutely have to. Makes my life sooo much easier when I can just go from A to B in one go. On that note, gently caress Atlanta airport.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

BlindSite posted:

It's raining for the 3rd weekend in a row. How do people live in rainy places? I miss the sun. Gonna slow braise some beef short ribs in ale and drink a lot of said ale about it today.

Rain??? I have heard of that, it is when water falls from the sky, right? Living in an area that feels like it will be in perpetual drought, I would be extremely happy if it rained now or any other day. Also, as a super smart person, I can confidently say that you get Monkey Pox from monkeys.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Monkee Pox sucks as you keep dancing to inoffensive 60s pop music.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I only take connecting flights if I absolutely have to. Makes my life sooo much easier when I can just go from A to B in one go. On that note, gently caress Atlanta airport.

Only airport I’ve ever had to sleep in. Thanks AirTran, you fucks!

We are flying to Denver later this year w a 5yo (her first flight) and after we booked delta we were like what in the gently caress are we doing and managed to book a United direct route for 600$ less.

I don’t mind connections usually because I almost always carry on only, but we will have to check for this trip.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

Only airport I’ve ever had to sleep in. Thanks AirTran, you fucks!

We are flying to Denver later this year w a 5yo (her first flight) and after we booked delta we were like what in the gently caress are we doing and managed to book a United direct route for 600$ less.

I don’t mind connections usually because I almost always carry on only, but we will have to check for this trip.

I’ll occasionally do an AA one-stop route heading East if I’m leaving later in the day since I don’t have anything else to do anyway, but it hosed me a couple of months ago. I had a layover in Dallas and a brief afternoon storm messed things up bad enough that I was delayed a dozen times (seriously) before they finally just threw in the towel and scheduled a new flight for the next morning. My flight back was originally scheduled for that afternoon :downs:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've slept in the Denver and the Las Vegas airport. With the latter the next time I was stuck there for that long one of my friends recently moved there so we killed time at the strip.

White Castle sliders were flavored with pure nostalgia from when I ate them while growing up in Detroit. Otherwise I have a hard time thinking they're "good" now.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just quote The Crow a lot.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I've been playing a co-ed soccer league, and one ref will not call a penalty on a woman player no matter what, despite the skill level between gender not being a huge difference at this level. I found the team that was very willing to take advantage of this tonight, and I think I need to spend the weekend icing my legs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Mjarchie1/status/1527708021903609857?t=zBeZF4o61HZVad0OFu990A&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

can't wait to hear the driver double down on stanning for Telsa and Elon

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

can't wait to hear the driver double down on stanning for Telsa and Elon

:maga: "Maybe I deserved to die" :maga:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I take solace in the fact that, if the American Right is able to successfully install their ethnostate, they will almost immediately rip it down because they exist in a constant state of aggression. They don't know how to not be fighting at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
haha I was finally able to clock off 15 minutes ago after a lot of sweat, swearing, crying, and phone calls to get travel arrangements finalzed and purchase for a case where we have to fly a bunch of people to the east coast on Monday. This took my whole goddamn day today and while I'm extremely glad I was able to get all the travel and intake stuff finally loving finalzed, approved, and done since it really is going drastically improve the kid on my case load's life I am so loving glad I won't have to do this ever again unless I choose to go back to active case carrying social work.