Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I must be ovulating cause every adult man I see today I'm like :liara: Watching the Eurovision clips from this weekend is a big old smorgasbord.

That sounds dangerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Haha watching tv and movies and getting horned right up at the moment so right with you there pal.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Anyone else get the tittyache so bad you compulsively give yourself cancer checks even tho that isn't even how cancer works

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Four days out and my knees are starting to hurt again…ugh

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

Killingyouguy! posted:

Anyone else get the tittyache so bad you compulsively give yourself cancer checks even tho that isn't even how cancer works

Every. loving. Time. Why they gotta hurt so bad?!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Killingyouguy! posted:

Yup! At least it reminds me to check I guess.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My boobs hurt. My body hurts. I almost cried at work. Then I got super mad. Then someone tried to involve me in really stupid loving drama and I shut it down in a way that actually kind of impressed me.

THANK YOU HORMONES!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Hey it was three days late this month. Gonna give it another couple to see if this is just my new normal or if poo poo is hosed.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm glad it finally started on its own, but rude of it to make me dig through like 4 different bags to figure out which one I forgot my diva cup in while it's 11pm and I'm tired and cranky

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I guess that explains why wanting a tattoo has seemed to be of life-or-death importance for the past day or two

Edit: aw poo poo and now I'm emotional about how much I liked a video game what a loving stupid biological process

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 20, 2022

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My first day brain fog is bad today good god. Like I’m making the dumbest mistakes on Duolingo and just moving so fuckin slow.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

For real tho

Killingyouguy! posted:

I guess that explains why wanting a tattoo has seemed to be of life-or-death importance for the past day or two

life was fine and then hormones decided i need to switch banks and find a gym and get a tattoo and get tubal ligation surgery and like sure but why all right now and with SUCH urgency?? i nearly got upset because i couldn't find a tattoo artist on instagram i was happy with. some of these things can wait a minute!!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what prehistoric women did when they had these hormonal bursts. Even ancient history like Mesopotamia. Oh poo poo oh gently caress oh poo poo I need to buy figs and clean this tunic and why am I so drat angry and hey those loving bees need to make more honey I neeeeed honey.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Crying myself into a real screamer of a headache over my friend telling me about the friends he's visiting, their cat threw a clot suddenly and had to be put to sleep, unrelated minor social dumb poo poo, chronic pain worse today, fighting the urge to leave all my discord servers and block everyone hmmm let's check the schedule

YUP

yup

ok that explains a lot of this, time to take muscle relaxers and force sleep early, great that it's showing up juuuuust in time for my husband's two weeks off start time, gently caress you uterus, useless unwanted trash organ

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wonder what prehistoric women did when they had these hormonal bursts. Even ancient history like Mesopotamia. Oh poo poo oh gently caress oh poo poo I need to buy figs and clean this tunic and why am I so drat angry and hey those loving bees need to make more honey I neeeeed honey.

Well I've read that period food cravings are a culturally bound symptom and globally, most women don't actually get them? So ancient women's experiences of their cycles were probably wildly different from ours

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

First day of it yesterday, and I just couldn't move, even walking up and down the stairs was hard. I managed to make some bread for breakfast and put on a pot of rice for dinner, but just spent the rest of the day curled up into a ball. I think I need to start taking the multivitamins again.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone else have trouble falling back asleep if you notice your period? I woke up over an hour earlier than my alarm and all I could think of was: I'm leaking.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i only think about the actual bleeding part of my period for the like 1 minute at morning and evening when I empty my diva cup

bizarrely this feeling of mastery over a very female process lessens my general dislike of being female

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I’ve just been sleeping like poo poo this whole period. I also forgot to shove more tampons in my purse before I went to work today…an extremely heavy day. It was a little touch and go there for a bit.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

That sounds like a euphemism if ever there was one.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I am cramping but no bleeding. dumb

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

my period is over now we resume the normal, non-hormonal sadness

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My partner recommended I take vitamin supplements (zinc, magnesium, iron, and one other I can't remember) to help make things easier, and it seems to be working! Either that or this month was just coincidally a less painful period, but hey, I'll take it.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I used to have knock me on my rear end laying there for two days just having to moan and breathe, can't even think level cramps, but I read a science paper that said that ginger was very good for both relieving cramps and preventing them.

So about a year or two ago I started just snacking on crystalized ginger during pms and the actual period (like not a ton like two little slices a day, sometimes more but I actually like it, it's basically spicy candy) and my anecdotal evidence is I haven't had a knock me on my rear end period since. Now my cramps are just like "this is inconvenient I feel kinda blah but I can still actually walk and think, not bad". I kept forgetting to buy some more earlier this year so I missed a month and THAT period was pretty bad and painful so that's the proof to myself that it is the ginger that's helping.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Got hit with cramps yesterday. Okay, no big deal, my period’s due next week, this is a known thing.

Went to the bathroom just now and discovered I’m spotting.

:confused:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

sneak preview

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Early period for the first time in years, so I guess I was more stressed this week than I thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MACAW.AVI fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 28, 2022

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
My period finally started today but its uncharacteristically light and very uncrampy. Feels like its dribbling.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Like clockwork, I'm bawling because all I can think about it how my cats will die before me. Thanks period hormones.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Was doing so loving great with my daily walks, cutting out bad poo poo from my diet, working my kettlebell. Then came cramps and the hormones and ants invasion, and now I'm sitting with my fourth bowl of chips and not even hungry.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Cowslips Warren posted:

Was doing so loving great with my daily walks, cutting out bad poo poo from my diet, working my kettlebell. Then came cramps and the hormones and ants invasion, and now I'm sitting with my fourth bowl of chips and not even hungry.

An ants invasion? I was going to complain that my period is weirdly thin and watery, but now I'm more concerned for you

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Ever wake up from a dead sleep with just severely intense cramps mid period and evacuate everythin in yer bowels over the next 30 minutes or so in just intense loving pain?

cause that was my 6am to 6 30am today.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

Ever wake up from a dead sleep with just severely intense cramps mid period and evacuate everythin in yer bowels over the next 30 minutes or so in just intense loving pain?

cause that was my 6am to 6 30am today.

Ooh, I wonder if your uterus shed its full lining. That happened to me once, it was horrifying and I was so worried I needed to go to the ER for period diarrhea. After it finished and I was resting on the floor, I was so drenched in sweat that I started sliding eeeeeeeever so slightly on the bathroom tile like an air hockey puck; and that's how I learned the bathroom floor had a slight incline

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Ooh, I wonder if your uterus shed its full lining. That happened to me once, it was horrifying and I was so worried I needed to go to the ER for period diarrhea. After it finished and I was resting on the floor, I was so drenched in sweat that I started sliding eeeeeeeever so slightly on the bathroom tile like an air hockey puck; and that's how I learned the bathroom floor had a slight incline

Well. I emptied my cup later and it was probably the clottiest i'd ever seen it so maybe you are onto something.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

Well. I emptied my cup later and it was probably the clottiest i'd ever seen it so maybe you are onto something.

The good news is, if that is the case, you're fine. Uterine linings do that sometimes for no real reason, mostly to women who haven't given birth and shed their entire lining in the process. Odds are pretty good that it'll never happen again, too. The bad news is that this period is going to be a little more gnarly than usual, re: clotting and mushy fleshy bits

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
My period has been super thin and watery which is strange because normally its very heavy. But otoh its also clotting a lot lot lot more which only happened once a long time ago when I was like, 18? When that happened I was in the shower and -- I genuinely don't remember why I did this -- I ended up pulling out a blood clot that covered the entire span of my hand. It was absolutely black and for a long moment I just stared at it because I had never seen a blood clot that huge and I couldn't believe it. For a second I legit thought I had a bug nest in my vagina or something. Then I noticed the shower run off was turning red and realized nope that's blood! Anyway something similar happened to me today which is odd

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Anyone have experience with nexplanon? I’d like birth control that I don’t have to think about but IUDs freak me out.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I've been on Nexplanon/Implanon pretty much since it came out in the US and I love it beyond belief.

The one negative side effect is that it can cause irregular bleeding/spotting. But about 1/3 of women have their periods stop altogether by the end of iirc the first year.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Uggh tail end now but this one was pretty nasty. At one point the pad had sorta attached to itself in the morning, and it was fuckin soaked of course, and as I peeled it off my underwear it got a bit stuck and then abruptly came away, and blood went *everywhere*. Spattered. Thankfully the toilet has its own tiny room in my house so I didn't manage to coat anyone's toothbrush or anything but it still looked amazing. I just kind of stared at it for a second like, wow. Wow okay. Good morning to you too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The Nexaplanon made me bleed pretty much constantly for the year+ I had it, along with giving me 0 libido and turning off any taps so that in the rare spaces between periods it was like dry desert sands down there. I really didn't want rid of it, because the security of knowing I couldn't get pregnant was so good, but my body just hated it.

I've heard it works better for other people though!