Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Dear lord, that poor Uncle that saw Beyond Atlantis in theaters. The more I think about the movie, the more it hurts.

Except for Deus Ex Manuel, that dude is solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Dear lord, that poor Uncle that saw Beyond Atlantis in theaters. The more I think about the movie, the more it hurts.

Except for Deus Ex Manuel, that dude is solid.

Vic Diaz is in a bunch of Filipino exploitation movies, he’s great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching The Atomic Brain and have to laugh at the extremely meta invention exchange where Trace plays Crow pretending to be Dr F and then Dr F pretending to be Crow with neither one getting the voice exactly right.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

muscles like this! posted:

Watching The Atomic Brain and have to laugh at the extremely meta invention exchange where Trace plays Crow pretending to be Dr F and then Dr F pretending to be Crow with neither one getting the voice exactly right.

I love that detail

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

The fire is even better on the Poopie tape.

"I'll be in my trailer."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's not much I find funnier than voice actors doing impressions of other voice actors, unless it's voice actors doing a character making fun of another of their characters

Like Stan doing his Cartman impression

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

And meanwhile, to impersonate Servo, TV's Frank has a transparent plastic globe stuck on his head and begins suffocating in the background. :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And meanwhile, to impersonate Servo, TV's Frank has a transparent plastic globe stuck on his head and begins suffocating in the background. :v:

Ironically enough, Frank would later go on to voice Servo in a DVD exclusive short (specifically the reprint of the one that replaced Godzilla Vs Megalon with Giant Gila Monster)

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Data Graham posted:

There's not much I find funnier than voice actors doing impressions of other voice actors, unless it's voice actors doing a character making fun of another of their characters

Like Stan doing his Cartman impression

Probably the gold standard for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8Xlx7dfT8

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
GUESS WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING!!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At least 90% of classic Looney Tunes was essentially Mel Blanc talking to himself (Cow & Chicken did something similar with Charlie Adler)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Ironically enough, Frank would later go on to voice Servo in a DVD exclusive short (specifically the reprint of the one that replaced Godzilla Vs Megalon with Giant Gila Monster)

"Toho said No-ho!"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

We can download Santo now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You wouldn't download a Santo, would you? :ohdear:

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
:ohdear: “If I hadn’t had my belt my pants would have fallen down!”
:v: “And then you would have seen my, b-b-bu-b-b-b-bu—“

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

TL posted:

GUESS WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING!!!

I am so baked ... those brownies must be loaded.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So is there just nothing happening tonight?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Hazo posted:

So is there just nothing happening tonight?

Yeah, the schedule is that there will be some kind of event roughly every other week.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I am so baked ... those brownies must be loaded.

Mike, when you saw this movie, you laughed so hard you spilled your bong water, didn't you? :v:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Mike, when you saw this movie, you laughed so hard you spilled your bong water, didn't you? :v:

You do a lot of wacky tobaccky, Mike? A lot of jokey smokey?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, the schedule is that there will be some kind of event roughly every other week.

:psyduck: Somehow it feels (to me) like they've been doing new premieres every other week but with classic reruns (like MANOS or Hobgoblins) with new bits or short sprinkled in on on the weeks in between. But I just checked and you're absolutely right. Maybe it's covid time dilation, or just that I've been traveling for work a lot over the past few months.

It does look like they're doing a fan-livestream of Pod People tonight though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You do a lot of wacky tobaccky, Mike? A lot of jokey smokey?

I don't believe you're ready for some football. :colbert:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I don't believe you're ready for some football. :colbert:

I'm a dumb scrawny cracker. :(

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Hazo posted:

classic reruns (like MANOS or Hobgoblins) with new bits or short sprinkled in

by the way, that's exactly what Vault Picks are; I had no idea and missed the first month, and now it's gone...

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Well the first month didn't have any new sketches so you didn't miss much.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I thought the sketch with Jonah and the bots in Beginning of the End was particularly funny. I hope there’s still some way to see the new sketches after the month is over.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Next week we get Munchie, which apparently almost broke the writer’s room.

Also and speaking of Jonah sketches, something about “mystical luchador assessories” just hits in exactly the right way. Just, the pronunciation of “assessories”. Rocketed me straight back to the days of Johnny Longtorso (*whipcrack*).

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm not saying I'm high, but my dog is and I am

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Joe Don Baker IS Mittens: He's a Cop.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Joe Don Baker IS Mittens: He's a Cop.

But I'm the chubby blue line! :cop:

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

The sad little “please clap” in Robot Wars when the non-Drake robot pilot is introduced :discourse:

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Hazo posted:

:psyduck: Somehow it feels (to me) like they've been doing new premieres every other week but with classic reruns (like MANOS or Hobgoblins) with new bits or short sprinkled in on on the weeks in between. But I just checked and you're absolutely right. Maybe it's covid time dilation, or just that I've been traveling for work a lot over the past few months.

It does look like they're doing a fan-livestream of Pod People tonight though.

Poor Jonah, stuck in an infinite loop remembering Club Scum...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

But I'm the chubby blue line! :cop:

*Sniffs* Do you work in a petting zoo?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man, Felicia and F-Servo are so good, but F-Crow is so bad. like, really really bad you guys :(

not unfunny, just, my god, that voice is killing me

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Do you mean... Emily?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

precision posted:

man, Felicia and F-Servo are so good, but F-Crow is so bad. like, really really bad you guys :(

not unfunny, just, my god, that voice is killing me

If you're taking about Emily, I have to disagree. I love the manic energy she brings to Crow.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yes, i meant the Crow that's with Felicia, which is why i said "Felicia and F-Servo and F-Crow", i have no idea who's doing the voices :v:

the voice is just incredibly irritating to me. actually it's fine when she's doing an accent, but her "default" Crow voice is too "raspy" and it just grates on my nerves, not least because it very much sounds like "voice actress doing a 9 year old boy voice" and the only time i've ever been able to stand that was Bobby Hill

i like the performance just fine, it's just the literal sound of the voice.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

precision posted:

yes, i meant the Crow that's with Felicia, which is why i said "Felicia and F-Servo and F-Crow", i have no idea who's doing the voices :v:

the voice is just incredibly irritating to me. actually it's fine when she's doing an accent, but her "default" Crow voice is too "raspy" and it just grates on my nerves, not least because it very much sounds like "voice actress doing a 9 year old boy voice" and the only time i've ever been able to stand that was Bobby Hill

i like the performance just fine, it's just the literal sound of the voice.

Felicia is Kinga Forrester, the villain with the skeleton chopsticks in her hair.

Emily is the host in the purple jumpsuit. The Crow with her is performed by Kelsey Ann Brady.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
hmm

username/post disjoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen