Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

3 weeks till we can Experience Azerbaijan

gently caress I feel so welcomed

also, mercedes fight back?????? nah probably not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let it be known I never doubted Mercedes and Sir Lewis

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mercedes good when you have a track with a 100mph top speed? Makes you wonder why the FIA has stacked the rest of the tracks against them.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

net work error posted:

Let it be known I never doubted Mercedes and Sir Lewis

This

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:lewis:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I did a very quick google for 'horner pink mercedes' and you'll never guess what I found

“Some go further than others with their cloning, but as long as it remains within the limits, I have no problem with it.”

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Tsaedje posted:

I did a very quick google for 'horner pink mercedes' and you'll never guess what I found

“Some go further than others with their cloning, but as long as it remains within the limits, I have no problem with it.”

Lol knew it.

F1 Live basically quoted Marko as saying this morning that former employees that went to Aston Martin must have walked out the door with copied files, that won't inflame this any.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
funny how red bull thought the pink Mercedes was fine and within the rules.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Let's hear from Mike Krack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY6nC6YdUQ0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:rip: papaya boys

phwoarnando el planso

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

De vries beating Latifi, guess that’s expected

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ethanol posted:

I believe in Lewis

Never stop believing, OP!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Mercedes is back

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

of the grid after q1

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Williams should tell Latifi to gently caress off this year and hire Nyck. Dude has more than earned his shot.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirios posted:

Williams should tell Latifi to gently caress off

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Shouldn't you be a williams fan with that handle/av/text combo?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Albon into Q2 this weekend please bwoah.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I for one am excited to see what Green Bull does the rest of this season!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kirios posted:

Williams should tell Latifi to gently caress off this year and hire Nyck. Dude has more than earned his shot.

The Good Dutchman

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kirios posted:

I for one am excited to see what Green Bull does the rest of this season!

Hopefully it's from the universe where you go on red

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

f1 should be required to have a colorblind friendly broadcast

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dumb question: in a DRS train, why doesn’t the second car trade places with the first more? It seems like they should always be faster.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

smackfu posted:

Dumb question: in a DRS train, why doesn’t the second car trade places with the first more? It seems like they should always be faster.

Bad drivers get stuck in DRS trains.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also they tend to form in the midfield, where the performance of the cars following might not be quite enough that they can overtake even with DRS

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

:gunther:

and lol it's one thing using a similar design as Red Bull, I have a hard time believing they'll unlock all the potential the same way though. we'll see, I guess.

Practice 1 in like 30 minutes from now, wonder how many aero rakes Mercedes will be using.
If it gets them off the back of the grid they'll consider it a massive success.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Bad drivers get stuck in DRS trains.

See: Lewis Hamilton a couple of races ago.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

DRS trains form when the 2nd car in the queue has more drag and lower top speed than the first and their DRS just isn't enough to overcome that. The 3rd and 4th cars in the train might be able to pass the leader if they were in that position but can't pass the car in front that also has DRS. All the while the following cars tyres are degrading faster and their components getting hotter.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I watched Grand Prix last night and that movie whips. They should bring back the oval at Monza.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I watched Grand Prix last night and that movie whips. They should bring back the oval at Monza.

it's still there, and still gets used sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udWMK5hUoko

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

that movie is 90 minutes too long.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

The Good Dutchman
And the Second Best Canadian

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

that movie is 90 minutes too long.

Yeah honestly every non racing scene could have been straight up cut but there's like 70 minutes of solid 1960s racing.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It is easily the best footage of cars and tracks from that era

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

dumb as hell question: how is circuit length measured? on the racing line or midpoint of track or ?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

from the base to the tip

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spaceblancmange posted:

from the base to the tip

also measure along the top

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

taint to tip

for effect

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

dumb as hell question: how is circuit length measured? on the racing line or midpoint of track or ?

I assume you measure the left side then the right side and average it but actually idk.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Historically, one of the main problems with this SA thread has been the total inability to ask a serious question and get serious, non-meme answers.

Formula One is Serious Business, so I will give posters in this thread an opportunity to buck that memelord trend, right now.

Q: Why is Ferrari the absolute best and most important team in F1 history, and why throughout history are all the other teams full of fraudulent drivers, designers, and team principals, who historically humiliate themselves nonstop trying to compete against the Scuderia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They cheat