Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

My employer pays my game pass sub. I also do the rewards thing, but I use those points to cash in gift cards to buy cheap non-gp games with.

But I always fail the weekly streak if there's the 50 bing searches in it, because that's too grindy.

edit: I started up Little Witch in the Woods during my lunch break but the game starts up with nothing but conversation I need to click through, so I switched back to my RDR2 playthrough instead. Maybe I'll try again later, but for now it seems too anime for me. Was hoping for something more like Stardew Valley.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
If you do 50 searches in different tabs by say, searching "may 20 birthdays" and Ctrl+clicking a bunch, then bookmark those, you can just open that bookmark folder every day.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

I don't dare visit the PlayStation thread, how are they handling the pathetic announcement of the new PS+ tiers?

There was a little discussion when they announced a partial list of available titles. We'll probably know more when it launches next week in Southeast Asia, although I expect it's ultimately just a rebranding of the existing PS Now service and will largely have a similar section to what's there now but with some newer titles like what they have in the partial list. I suspect the middle tier will be very popular, because it has all the PS4 and PS5 games and few care about streaming and retro titles, although because you could stack over a decade of PS+ and they're fully upgrading people to the top tier if they have a PS Now sub of any length as well there'll probably be people on that tier for a while anyway.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
I'm playing The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters (currently on sale). It's a 2D survival horror adventure that's kind of a mix between Persona (anime high-schooler in shadow world of modern-day Korea) and Resident Evil 2 (solving simple item puzzles while occasionally being chased by a monster). It's pretty fun, can recommend.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Thanks. I don't have a PS5 but a lot of good memories of the older Playstation library. A Game Pass type service with a healthy selection would get me to buy one. Giant Bombcast made it sound pretty anemic however.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fly Ricky posted:

Thanks. I don't have a PS5 but a lot of good memories of the older Playstation library. A Game Pass type service with a healthy selection would get me to buy one. Giant Bombcast made it sound pretty anemic however.
There are 9 classic PlayStation games and 2 of them are Worms games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Listen, one of them is Jumping Flash and after I lucked into a Ps5 in store in Japan last week it will be mine.

edit: the ps5 feels last gen and mine makes an irritating noise so Jumping Flash has got a lot of heavy lifting to do.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
XBOX can install Duckstation and play any PS1 game that you want. Sony stays losing

Barudak posted:

edit: the ps5 feels last gen and mine makes an irritating noise so Jumping Flash has got a lot of heavy lifting to do.

I’ve used four different PS5s and they all had terrible coil whine not sure what the deal is with that

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

They only listed around 100 games all around when the full service (and PS Now currently) will have over 800 titles, so I think it's going to fill out to at least a certain extent.

PS Now focused pretty heavily on having titles quasi-permanently (out of the 900 titles on the service there were only something like 5 or 6 max at any given time that had an end date) but they might be ramping up towards having more of a rotation since that more reliably allows for newer titles.

It's almost a certainty that their heavy hitter single player titles won't show up on the service day one due to not really having an ability to monetize with multiplayer gacha stuff. That said, they will have a pretty good selection of PS5 titles on offer day one (e.g. Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Returnal) which is great for people who didn't grab them yet.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

:eng101: Two of them are the same Worms game!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

The Game Pass version of Super Mega Baseball 3 doesn't have party play. What the hell?! Friend and I downloaded it last night to try it out; found the developer on reddit stating its intentional... why?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SpiderLink posted:

If you do 50 searches in different tabs by say, searching "may 20 birthdays" and Ctrl+clicking a bunch, then bookmark those, you can just open that bookmark folder every day.

This is a lifehack I can use.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

They only listed around 100 games all around when the full service (and PS Now currently) will have over 800 titles, so I think it's going to fill out to at least a certain extent.

PS Now focused pretty heavily on having titles quasi-permanently (out of the 900 titles on the service there were only something like 5 or 6 max at any given time that had an end date) but they might be ramping up towards having more of a rotation since that more reliably allows for newer titles.

It's almost a certainty that their heavy hitter single player titles won't show up on the service day one due to not really having an ability to monetize with multiplayer gacha stuff. That said, they will have a pretty good selection of PS5 titles on offer day one (e.g. Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Returnal) which is great for people who didn't grab them yet.

Yeah im done buying less interesting games from them if i can just wait a year

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

I don't dare visit the PlayStation thread, how are they handling the pathetic announcement of the new PS+ tiers?

All they do is play and talk about souls games I don’t think they care much

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

All they do is play and talk about souls games I don’t think they care much

I mean to be fair that's all this thread does too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Little Witch in the Woods seems to be asking just a little too much of the Xbox One S. Works a lot better on my Series S

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wreckfest is dope

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I just read a non-review on polygon about Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. Does anyone know if that's a good game?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I just read a non-review on polygon about Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe. Does anyone know if that's a good game?

I regret spending money on it, as the entire amount of fun I derived from it barely lasted a single playthrough.

Honestly the best part of the game was the developers area they added because I wasn't attempting to interact with the game at all and it wasn't interacting with me. Then it tragically started being itself again and I quit out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the original is great, haven’t played the new one. It’s a meta walking sim

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's the same game with about three hours of entirely new content and a modifier item that changes the dialogue and sometimes injects new short scenes into the endings from the original (as in, HD Remix). You can exhaust it in a single night, assuming finishing the Baby Game doesn't count

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blue Raider posted:

Wreckfest is dope

:agreed:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I recently bought the 10 dollar next-gen upgrade for Wreckfest because I'm a sucker. I'm not sure what it even does tbh.

Either way, Wreckfest is great.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Multiplayer Wreckfest is one of life's joys. Especially on the figure-8 tracks.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I recently bought the 10 dollar next-gen upgrade for Wreckfest because I'm a sucker. I'm not sure what it even does tbh.

Either way, Wreckfest is great.

More AI and true 4K. I think it looks great on my series X without it so I dont see the point.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Blue Raider posted:

Wreckfest is dope

It runs and loads so much better on Series X. I had it on my One X back when it released, but it was a chore to play.

edited for grammars

Beastie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 21, 2022

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Multiplayer Wreckfest is one of life's joys. Especially on the figure-8 tracks.

The rare racing game where people intentionally wrecking into you actually enhances the fun. I remember a race where a couple of people had decided to race buses around the track in the wrong direction, sowing chaos wherever they went. It was *awesome*.

Edit: And yeah, *great* on the X, especially with the recent update.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Now that my brain associates Geralt with Henry Cavill regular Geralt looks loving fugly. Like the dude in the painting from Ghosbusters 2 lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

. Like the dude in the painting from Ghosbusters 2 lol.

that is chillingly accurate

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
His redesign for the game's promo sucks.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone tried out the Multiversus alpha? I'm watching it on Twitch and I might actually play the open beta, something I never do.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lammasu posted:

Anyone tried out the Multiversus alpha? I'm watching it on Twitch and I might actually play the open beta, something I never do.

I’m not really digging the whole Game of Thrones + Steven Universe + meme Shaggy deal, seems pretty cringe to me

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’m not really digging the whole Game of Thrones + Steven Universe + meme Shaggy deal, seems pretty cringe to me

The Trump administration killed my ability to cringe.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's not cringe it's epic btw. Multiverse ftw.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

It's not cringe it's epic btw. Multiverse ftw.

From what I've gathered from streams Arya is basically Kirby.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The classic Sonic games were delisted in advance of Sonic Origins, removing the last way to buy Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on a console.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I’m sure there’s still copies of Sonic Jam out there somewhere.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
:eyepop:$180 dollars

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just finished Death's Door, what a wonderful little game! About 10 hrs to beat, still have 10 shrines to find, although I doubt I'll go back to find them all. I really enjoyed that, in comparison with Tunic, this game had actual characters and charm to it. Tunic did an amazing job with the manual and music, but overall Death's Door is a better game I think. Even so, glad I played both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah same