Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

To be fair, that guy had C4 in his pockets.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My friend really liked Gotham as well, whereas I just couldn't be arsed. I feel like it's the kind of show where it's really good for the type of audience who would deign to watch it at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GOTHAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLGYLksTKQ

GOTHAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b55zBe3hhLk

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
GOT HAM really liked blowing people up

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The balloon man episode was fun, I remember that one. I only watched the first half of season one so I never got to see it get loving wild, which is a shame.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm starting to feel like I need to rewatxh Gotham

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

catlord posted:

The balloon man episode was fun, I remember that one. I only watched the first half of season one so I never got to see it get loving wild, which is a shame.

Was that the one where they to Evil Mastermind CostCo and found out where all the supervillains were buying their gear?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If the season doesn't have Jada Pinkett Smith in it, Gotham is at its best.

BD Wong is a fantastic Hugo Strange.

They really capture Kamala perfectly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaO_h8Z56Tk
The duality of her being a giant fangirl but also trying to do actual good is right there. The fact her powers are different doesn't matter at all. Plus it looks functionally the same.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 21, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Donal Logue was in this right? What happened to him?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shageletic posted:

Donal Logue was in this right? What happened to him?

He was Bullock, so is in most episodes, he's done a bunch of tv stuff, apparently he's a detective on SVU.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1527676079070072833?t=7gyf3vxJm-rDvRzeIoihQg&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's so dumb, did they not see the reaction to Lady Dimitrescu?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cowards

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The balloon man is the reason I bothered to finish the season; it was so silly and I was hoping they'd lean into that more with a bunch of bizarre villain gimmicks that could only make sense with comic book physics babble.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Just the worst loving people.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That tweet's cited source is a twitter account that doesnt exist

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

That tweet's cited source is a twitter account that doesnt exist

I think they deleted their twitter because they might get in trouble for saying that. A google search links to that same account and has cached info about them being a VFX artist and there's an IMDB page for a Sean Ruecroft showing they did VFX for several Marvel projects including Moon Knight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I think they deleted their twitter because they might get in trouble for saying that. A google search links to that same account and has cached info about them being a VFX artist and there's an IMDB page for a Sean Ruecroft showing they did VFX for several Marvel projects including Moon Knight.

lmao if Culture Crave completely blew up that guys spot

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She looks like classic She-Hulk so I don't get why people would have a problem with it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't really mind She-Hulk not being incredibly large (yea yeah I know, "boo this man" :v:), it's more the uncanniness of her face that gets me. It just feels so weird, especially viewed in succession with Maslany's actual, good and cool face.

That being said, I'm a little perturbed by the spiteful glee that many corners of the internet have taken towards mocking this particular project. The usual chuds of course spouting the usual nonsense, but even a lot of "leftist" spaces seem to be all too eager to tear big, bad Disney apart for...I dunno, the reverse version of that clout? Like imperfect CGI is some sort of moral failing now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Look, some of us just want a large green wife.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

She's also right next to a real jacked Bruce in the show and it looks dumb as gently caress (both from CG assets probably reused from films and the stupid dimorphism)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I thought Gotham was very hit and miss but the episode where Penguin gets revenge on his father's killers was just great.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://i.imgur.com/hm38Lmw.mp4

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the Encanto team apparently kept getting notes to make Luisa smaller, too. what Disney exec is against big jacked ladies

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

That being said, I'm a little perturbed by the spiteful glee that many corners of the internet have taken towards mocking this particular project. The usual chuds of course spouting the usual nonsense, but even a lot of "leftist" spaces seem to be all too eager to tear big, bad Disney apart for...I dunno, the reverse version of that clout? Like imperfect CGI is some sort of moral failing now.

If the mouse is going to keep serving us the same flavorless slop, we would like it to look like a steak instead of a turd.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

BrianWilly posted:

I understand the frustration to some extent. Disney is charging very similar rates to Netflix while offering decidedly less content and (especially) less frequent content additions. It makes sense to me that people would expect that the content they do get have a sheen of premium quality to it to make up for the quantity deficit, and She-Hulk doesn't quite hit that mark.

That said, better CGI would probably come at the expensive of already overworked animators and 3D modellers, so I'm not sure if I want to push for that either. :sweatdrop:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skwirl posted:

He was Bullock, so is in most episodes, he's done a bunch of tv stuff, apparently he's a detective on SVU.

This is a goofy show did he turn into a lobster or something

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

This is a goofy show did he turn into a lobster or something

No but by the end of Gotham he's quit the police force and just runs a bar. The final season of Gotham was also all No Mans Land and young Bruce beats up the Mutants gang from DKR.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BrianWilly posted:

I don't really mind She-Hulk not being incredibly large (yea yeah I know, "boo this man" :v:), it's more the uncanniness of her face that gets me. It just feels so weird, especially viewed in succession with Maslany's actual, good and cool face.

Film leftist twitter looks for any excuse to make the MCU a great moral failing of our society

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My wife just watched the trailer for the first time without any prior discussion beyond me asking if she had seen it yet. The first thing she said is "why is she so skinny? Aren't hulks muscular?"

Good job disney

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Oracle posted:

Was that the one where they to Evil Mastermind CostCo and found out where all the supervillains were buying their gear?

No that's the episode this is from:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

No but by the end of Gotham he's quit the police force and just runs a bar. The final season of Gotham was also all No Mans Land and young Bruce beats up the Mutants gang from DKR.

wow the best possible arc for a cop.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr Hootington posted:

The first thing she said is "why is she so skinny? Aren't hulks muscular?"

No :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYc3OH658kA&t=223s

Only registered members can see post attachments!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

She looks like classic She-Hulk so I don't get why people would have a problem with it.

This is me. I get there have been big freakishly hulked up versions of She-Hulk too but I've always seen the classic version as just this amazonian athlete/fitnes model type thing and that always seemed to be part of the character deal where instead of it being a curse and her feeling like she's been turned into a monster like Bruce does she loves how she looks. I guess that could easily be problematic if played poorly but it seems like the obvious, classic approach to go with?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i feel like a lot is lost in this debate when you don't acknowledge the fact the byrne drew her that way because he was extremely horny for that particular look

like, go back and actually read that run

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean, there's obvious issues you could run into and problematic stuff you could do with it. Even the basic idea of her getting a big confidence boost because she's "hotter" now has its obvious issues.

But its still kind of the classic look and I think you can still play it without being creepy or misogynistic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No idea what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's the classic look