Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

the Steam port of 1 is incredibly broken and the community fixes don't really fix it, but it's such a wild game that I give it a go every once in a while anyways. Their publisher announced a Steam port of 2 that was supposed to happen last year, but there's been no word so who knows if it'll happen. Someone with cash and competence needs to step in and save these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

the Steam port of 1 is incredibly broken and the community fixes don't really fix it, but it's such a wild game that I give it a go every once in a while anyways. Their publisher announced a Steam port of 2 that was supposed to happen last year, but there's been no word so who knows if it'll happen. Someone with cash and competence needs to step in and save these games.

When I played the steam port of 1 I could tell that I was about to crash and I needed to save ASAP because the car would start to clip through the street while driving.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

When I played the steam port of 1 I could tell that I was about to crash and I needed to save ASAP because the car would start to clip through the street while driving.

Same but then I just stopped playing because driving to the hospital was so far away I crashed repeatedly trying to get there. Such a cool vibe for that game though, one day I'll be able to actually experience it...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its godly but the 360 version is required

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

its godly but the 360 version is required

yeah all the deadly premonition ports are busted

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Did anyone play DP2? It feels incredible that it even happened but I never saw anyone really talk about it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Same but then I just stopped playing because driving to the hospital was so far away I crashed repeatedly trying to get there. Such a cool vibe for that game though, one day I'll be able to actually experience it...

laughing remembering you trying to stream the pc version and somehow your controller sticks got swapped

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

laughing remembering you trying to stream the pc version and somehow your controller sticks got swapped

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the pc port is so insane lol. its criminal theyve been charging money for that poo poo for almost a decade

copy
Jul 26, 2007

In Training posted:

the pc port is so insane lol. its criminal theyve been charging money for that poo poo for almost a decade

*bunch of people buy the steam port of deadly premonition after hearing it rules and then never able to play it because the cars love not existing too hard*
windom earle: rook takes queen's pawn. checkmate

copy
Jul 26, 2007

now see these details they bother me. now you said that you couldn't have been the killer because you were playing deadly premonition. and you specifically mentioned you were doing the hospital nightmare section. but i dont remember you having a xbox360

well i was playing the steam port

oh i see, the steam port. you know my wife, she loves playing pc ports on steam and gog and all the rest of them. i remember she was telling me about all that but she tells me one day she had to refund deadly premonition. can you believe that? do you know why? the car kept crashing in the time it took to get to the hospital. she could never get to the hospital nightmare...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

With the community fixes I've gotten past the hospital nightmare and into chapter 2. Then I got trapped in the diner because the game would crash whenever I'd try to leave.

I got the PC port in a $3 fanatical bundle along with Homeworld Remastered and Sim City 4. Would absolutely do that again.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yd-aa1zlJM

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao