Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Almost bought a car and now my spouse is missing

quote:

Long story short my wife tried to buy a car a week ago but her credit score wasn’t high enough so I had to co-sign. We were short a couple hundred of the down payment so they let us take the car home but we needed to return today with the rest of the money and finish signing the paperwork which was fine. Except now my wife has been missing for two days and I haven’t heard from her. Her phone is completely off. She suffers from mental health issues. I’ve filed a missing persons with the police. She has the car with her. Dealership is telling me that they’ll have to report the car stolen by Monday. I’m aware that my missing wife is priority number one but I need to know what could happen if they report the car stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wife gone, so what

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Still my favorite story in that genre:

AITA for making a scene of my adult son and sticking my nose in his marriage

Your own mom getting thrown out of a bar because she comes to yell at you for being a poo poo husband is something that will never not be brought up at every social gathering and cookout you ever go to. Those friends and everyone in that bar are going to tell that story to everyone they meet.

The comments are great, she basically says "If I find out he's been reading and posting on redpill I'll help her divorce him and get full custody" and also the equivalent of "if he threatens her I'll call up his brothers to head over their and gently caress him up"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 21, 2022

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For telling my sister not to be surprised when her son never talks to her again and that she'll have lost both her kids?

quote:

Though I (40F) am child-free by choice, I am very close with my sister, Betty (37F), and nephew Blake. (15M) The trouble started happening after Blake came out to the family as transgender (he was deemed female at birth.) I have been fully supportive of my nephew.

Unfortunately, Betty has not been taking it well at all. She kept saying in the beginning that Blake was just going through a “tomboy phase” and then started saying that Blake was only “acting this way for attention.”

Betty refuses to acknowledge Blake by his chosen name and always misgenders him. Whenever I was over at their house and I saw this happen, I would politely correct Betty. When Betty would criticize Blake for his fashion, I would stand up for him. It would frequently escalate into a verbal fight until she demanded I leave. Or until she left with Blake if we were at my house/in a public place together. I've suggested she read articles and consider therapy, but she refuses to even try.

Blake and I have managed to regularly keep in contact through text/phone calls. Blake called me and asked if he could stay with me. He said he couldn’t handle living with Betty and he was having depression/anxiety to the point of struggling in school.

I, of course, agreed. I live in a 2-bedroom condo and had been using the 2nd bedroom for art supply storage. Luckily, I was able to store the supplies at work and helped Blake to pack his things. Betty kept telling me I was making a mistake and kept asking Blake “when are you coming home?” No apology for her behavior, not even saying Blake’s name.

That was a month ago and things are going great in my household. Blake has been much happier/more open. His teachers have informed me that there has already been a significant improvement in his demeanor/classroom focus. Betty has tried calling Blake, but Blake has explained that he doesn’t want to talk to his mother unless she starts to respect him.

Yesterday, Betty asked for us to get coffee while Blake was in school. Betty told me how I needed to convince Blake to “come back home” and how she misses “her” and the only reason I let Blake move in was to keep Blake’s favor. We ended up getting into an argument, with Betty still insisting that Blake was just “doing this for attention.” I had enough and told Betty to not be surprised when Blake never talks to her again. She can either accept her son or lose both of them.

Betty had another son, Mateo, who passed away when he was 6 months old, which left Betty absolutely devastated. Blake was 3 and too young to remember his Mateo. Betty never told him about Mateo. Betty immediately left and my parents called me later to tell me I went too far with what I said. (I’m not even they’re even aware of the concept of being transgender.) I realize it was cruel to say knowing that losing Mateo still hurts her today, but I also believe it was a wake-up call that Betty needs. Did I mess up here?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Troublemaker posted:

Where in the living hell does she think a 17-year-old is going to get $8000? For anything, let alone someone else's wedding?

that the op does not say "and that's ridiculous, im a teenager and don't have thousands of dollars to spend on anything, much less a one-off expense" makes me think it's possible that Everyone's Guillotinable Here

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my son his house was dirty and his wife needed a shower

This went the opposite of what the title had me thinking, and I like it.

Usually I wouldn't be on the side of the MIL who shows up 2 weeks after the birth with basically no notice, says household chores aren't being done and tells the new mom she smells bad, but here we are.

I do hold some hope her useless son could be salvaged? Supporting a new mom is a bunch of unique tasks that you don't get experience with anywhere else and it's clearly not coming naturally. Maybe he called his mom cause he saw more help was needed, at least? Sometimes people need to be told what to do or even shown. Yeah yeah he's the father and he should figure it out and he deserves poo poo for that, but moving forward will he do tasks that he's been explicitly assigned?

Probably not, but let's hope his mom can talk some sense into him.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

Usually I wouldn't be on the side of the MIL who shows up 2 weeks after the birth with basically no notice, says household chores aren't being done and tells the new mom she smells bad, but here we are.

I do hold some hope her useless son could be salvaged? Supporting a new mom is a bunch of unique tasks that you don't get experience with anywhere else and it's clearly not coming naturally. Maybe he called his mom cause he saw more help was needed, at least? Sometimes people need to be told what to do or even shown. Yeah yeah he's the father and he should figure it out and he deserves poo poo for that, but moving forward will he do tasks that he's been explicitly assigned?

Probably not, but let's hope his mom can talk some sense into him.

The rear end in a top hat called his mom because the situation at home was getting dangerously close to him needing to do something around the house. But that’s what moms are for, right?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Dazerbeams posted:

The rear end in a top hat called his mom because the situation at home was getting dangerously close to him needing to do something around the house. But that’s what moms are for, right?

He's got the mom that raised him and the mom he bangs.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling people why I stopped seeing our friend?

quote:

A few years ago, I (23F) survived an accident that took my arm, my eye, and mangled half my face. I know I wasn’t particularly pretty to begin with, but it left me feeling at my lowest.

What hurt is that my now ex friend “Luka” (24FTM) asked me to cover up my scars and the stump because it made him “feel nauseous” looking at me.

That day I went home crying. If he couldn’t stand to see me like that, how could I? After that, I cut off ties with him. Not once did he see me in the hospital or call me up to see how I was doing. And the one time he sees me after the incident, it’s to ask that I do something about my scars.

Well, I wish I could say that was the last time. But every time since then, every time where in the same room he’s always commenting on my face and how I look terrible. No poo poo, Sherlock.

Lukas is having a party next weekend and I found out when our mutual asked if I was going. I told them that I wasnt because of what happened and how my face Grosses him out now.

He just called me to yell at me for telling everyone about it. Apparently several people we know got wind of what happened and decided not to attend. He thinks I’m making him out to be an rear end in a top hat even though he wants celebrate his surgery.

I feel for him, but I can’t forget what he said. What he said still hurts. AITA for telling friends why I don’t hang out with Lukas anymore?

r/relationships: He thinks I'm making him out to be an rear end in a top hat

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

abigserve posted:

I'd be very surprised almost every parent in the last 5 or so years didn't have this exact conversation. Breastfeeding pressure on women sucks

tired gay and dead posted:

It seems like her partner would have been fine with formula or pumping.

Honestly if you decide that your baby will only receive breast milk, your partner doesn't have the ability to breastfeed, and you don't want to pump extra, then you are inherently taking on 100% of the baby-feeding responsibility until the kid is old enough for other food.

I think probably OP should have gotten out of bed and got the baby and brought it to bed with them so her wife could feed it. If you are going to go 100% breast milk and no pumping, co-sleeping is a must.

Someone is going to say it leads to babies getting smothered, but I recall reading that the major risk factors are dad that with has a sleep apnea and is rolling over all the time and/or a dad that drinks too much and will come to bed in a stupor and squash the baby without realizing and pass out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling people why I stopped seeing our friend?

r/relationships: He thinks I'm making him out to be an rear end in a top hat
"How dare you tell people about the rear end in a top hat thing I said! Now they think I'm an rear end in a top hat! You rear end in a top hat!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

wife gone, so what

Honestly, doesn't sound like this is the first time and dude is just kind of done with this.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Batterypowered7 posted:

He's got the mom that raised him and the mom he bangs.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Something old, something new, a faked conversion, and hey gently caress you.

Goddamn I love this thread.

I love the MiL that finds her deadbeat son in a bar, did the location get posted? Feels very Australia to me.

Also reminded me that my wife’s toxic mom complained that they weren’t cooked for when they came to meet their granddaughter. Hope she’s enjoying the nursing home, we wouldn’t know.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Remulak posted:

Goddamn I love this thread.

I love the MiL that finds her deadbeat son in a bar, did the location get posted? Feels very Australia to me.

She’s in Ireland!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

God girl, cover your scars, your face is mangled, ah gently caress I'm gonna puke just looking at you :barf::barf::barf: Jesus h

Anyhow come by my place and chill, ground beef cheeks, if you can face the loving world HAHAHAHAHA wait why does everyone think I'm an rear end in a top hat now, stop spreading rumors

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

therobit posted:

I think probably OP should have gotten out of bed and got the baby and brought it to bed with them so her wife could feed it. If you are going to go 100% breast milk and no pumping, co-sleeping is a must.

Someone is going to say it leads to babies getting smothered, but I recall reading that the major risk factors are dad that with has a sleep apnea and is rolling over all the time and/or a dad that drinks too much and will come to bed in a stupor and squash the baby without realizing and pass out.

Obesity, smoking or drinking in either parent (or I guess anyone sharing the bed) are the big 3 risk factors. And not just black out drunk drinking.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
when we had our kiddo my heavy sleeping concerned my wife but I managed not to kill him. D- would not recommend. kids a friggin bed hog

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My girlfriend is mad at me for refusing a handjob in the theater

quote:

About a week ago I (22) went to the Theater to see the new Doctor Strange movie with my group of friends; this film also had a special meaning for me because it represented Sam Raimi’s return to directing, and he’s an artist I admire very much.

My girlfriend (21) doesn't care about these movies at all, she has seen hardly any, and those few times I tried to show her one she either fell asleep or stopped following the story halfway. And that's fine for me, because I think everyone has their own passions and should cultivate them without forcing the partner to do the same, if he/she doesn't care.

Anyways, as she was supposed to go out to dinner with her friends, but the evening was canceled, she wanted to come to the cinema with us. And so far everything is fine. The problem started when the lights went out... First, since she doesn't know anything about the MCU and these characters, in the first 30 minutes she filled me with questions about what the heck was going on in the film. But that didn't bother me. Then she started using the phone with the screen brightness on maximum and the ringer on, and this bothered me, because it distracted me from following the film well. But I've been patient.

The real problem is that in the middle of the film she tells me that she is bored and wants to go out, but I tell her that I have no intention of doing so, but that obviously if she wants to go home for me there is no problem. After a few minutes I feel something pressing on the zip of my pants, and I realize it‘s her hand. Under normal conditions I assure you that I would never refuse a handjob, but at that moment I was very irritated by her and just wanted to follow the film in peace. I've been waiting 9 years to see a new Raimi movie in theaters, and I don't know when it will happen again, so let me enjoy it!

I told her that there is a time and a place for everything, but this was neither the time nor the right place. At the end of the film she was very pissed off and didn't talk to me for hours. Then she said that "Men don't usually take girls to the cinema for the purpose of watching movies" and that she found it silly that we clapped during the best moments of the film and that we had even stood up to applaud in a special scene.

She hasn't wanted to have sex with me for a week, because she says I should apologize for the way I behaved. But honestly, I don't think I've done anything wrong, and indeed, I think she should apologize to me. What do you guys think about it?

EDIT: Since many have mentioned this fact, I want to specify that it was a fan screening event, so the whole audience was very excited, not just me and my friends. Obviously before going I had warned her that it was a different event from a normal screening, but she said "yeah, that's fine".

The same thing happened months ago when we went to see spider-man, and she wanted to come because there were also two of her friends who at the time were engaged to my friends. When Tobey Maguire appeared there was a crazy delirium and everyone got up to applaud and she complained to me "wtf why are people cheering for this dude?"

These were the only two times we went to the cinema together, both because she asked me to come, and at first I was happy because I thought maybe she was interested in this kind of film, but obviously it will never happen again.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Edit: Beaten on the HJ princess

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ever since I read the poker stories with toby from the dealers perspective I've always been like yeah gently caress that guy

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for asking my wife 'what the gently caress do you want me to do?' after she asked me to feed our son and 'shaming' her for breastfeeding?

formula is perfectly fine. dunno why this man's husband feels the need to breastfeed

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can't get it now though it's kind of a thing

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Even if it wasn't, buying formula in the middle of the night while the baby is already hungry seems like a pretty bad idea. If her wife wanted her to take over some of the feedings, maybe bring that up during daytime? I understand that she hasn't gotten a good night's sleep for the past couple months and is not operating at full strength here, but OP had no way of fulfilling her request at this point.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mx. posted:

you're a loser, sorry

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mx. posted:

This dude is technically in the right here, but he writes like (and obviously is) a massive fuckin dweeb. ESH

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Biplane posted:

This dude is technically in the right here, but he writes like (and obviously is) a massive fuckin dweeb. ESH

Dude is obviously correct but if you clap in a movie theater and the director or people who worked on it aren't there you should probably be alone to avoid contaminating the general pop.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Getting a hand job during a boring rear end marvel movie would be the only thing that could save it. She should run.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Clapping and cheering for the Spider Man cameo, tears running down my face as I weep with joy, sour faced girlfriend muttering “who is this old gently caress” under her breath, tainting my moment

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Now, The Batman? That would've been different. You could get like five handjobs during it and not really miss anything important.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Sadly throwing away my 9 year calendar where I slowly counted down days until Sam Raimi released another super hero movie (I am an auteur, no apologies) because my girlfriend ruined the experience by asking questions and wanting to have sex!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Don't get handjobs in a crowded theater you creepa

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Piell posted:

Don't get handjobs in a crowded theater you creepa

this is the real reason but it’s funny to laugh at the dweeby OP who is upset about the sanctity of his marvel experience

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Not from your girlfriend, at least. Dr. Strange is for gettin' some strange.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
He's technically right but good lord is it hard to be on the side of a marvel super fan.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Almost bought a car and now my spouse is missing

We were short a couple hundred of the down payment so they let us take the car home

Is this a thing? I've only bought a couple of cars so maybe this is a thing a small dealership would do? It feels like its not a thing.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

$8000 bridesmaid dress girl is a fountain of drama!

AITA for calling my struggling freind’s business idea the worst idea I’ve ever heard?

quote:

I(17F) have a friend(20F) who has been struggling financially recently due to losing her job to covid and having an unplanned pregnancy with her boyfriend. She moved back in with her parents and her boyfriend does not contribute at all financially, he does not live with them, but they are still together.

For context, I’ve known this girl for only about a year and a half. We met through a mutual friend and only kept in contact because she was an alumni at my Highschool. I never really got along with her because of her obvious fat phobic and homophobic comments, but my friends insisted it was an accident and a onetime thing.

She has been relying solely on her parents and friends gifts and donations. About a week ago, she called me and our mutual friend over to her parents house because she had a job opportunity. I was a bit proud of her because I felt bad for her 60+ year old parents who had to financially support her. When we got there she said that she had gotten a proposal from some company that wanted to sponsor her clothing brand. Apparently, she won a fashion competition her senior year and they liked her designs, which was kind of late if I do say so myself. She showed us her notes and plans for everything. And I agreed that her designs were really nice, it was stuff that would cater to a lot of peoples fashion tastes.

Once we got to the sizing charts, I was surprised to see that she was planning on only selling size small for all clothing. I shuffled around the papers to see if it was an error in just that page but it was not. I also pulled out another page that said, “we reserve the right to reject merchandise sales to certain persons” with a little note on the side that said,”aka, gay rear end f-slurs” with a winking emoji next to it. I was shocked. I held up the two papers in front of her and said wtf. She explained to me that she would only be selling one size because “that size is the standard that women should uphold for themselves” and that “homosexual f-slurs should go get fixed before they even think of buying clothes from her”. I told her that this idea was stupid and the worst idea I’ve ever heard and that she should learn to accept the ways of society because the world does not revolve around her.

I left after that and went home. The friend that was with us later informed me that the business plan feel through anyway because the manager of her project was a lesbian and did not take kindly to her comment lol. Some of our friends said that I was too harsh though and that I should pity her because of her current situation. AITA?

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

tired gay and dead posted:

He's technically right but good lord is it hard to be on the side of a marvel super fan.

yeah the line of "Men don't usually take girls to the cinema for the purpose of watching movies" is hilarious, like why would you pay $20 to give somebody a handjob surrounded by marvel superfans, just do it for free at home

but they both suck for different reasons

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for going home after I got told to sleep on the floor?

quote:

I'll preface this by saying that my husband (33) has a friend "Carl" (33) who he considers to be one of his closest friends. My husband sometimes calls Carl his "nicotine" because of how much he misses him and wants to spend time with him, they do everything together, they're even co workers working the same job.

Unfortunately, Carlos's wife passed away from cancer 3 months ago which caused him to distance himself. My husband felt devastated for him, he recently started spending more time with him and brought him meals and new clothes.

We planned a 3 day vacation to another state. I made a hotel reservation for 2. Unbeknownst to me, my husband had invited Carl to come with us, this made me upset because it spolied the entire vacation (not trying to be dramatic) I only found out when he went to pick him up. I sucked it up after my husband explained that Carl is a recent widower who's been wallowing in grief for so long and needed this vacation. The problem is money is tight and since Carl hasn't worked eversince his wife passed he couldn't pay for his own room and we didn't have a budget for it.

My husband said we should just share one room and I again sucked it since he said we'd be out all day on the beach anyway. First night, I was in bed when my husband and Carl got back, I got woken up by my husband telling me to get out of bed and sleep on thd mattress he put for me on the floor and he and Carl would take the bed. I asked if he was serious and he asked what else is he supposed to do, he said Carl was a guest we can't let him sleep on the floor and at the same time I can't share a bed with Carl while he (my husband) sleep on the floor. I told him I didn't sign up for this but he told me to suck it and tried to pull "Carl is a widower" card. I told Carl to get out then got up and got dressed to go home. My husband started yelling me calling me irrational but I wasn't having it. I left the hotel and traveled back home. Carl didn't say anything when he saw me leave except that I was making this non-issue an issue.

They got back and my husband refused to even talk about but still said I ruined this for Carl and us and acted abhorrently and disgustingly. I admit Carl is struggling and I mightve ruined this for him but I didn't even know he was coming.

lol you weren't the only one sucking it up that weekend, lady

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my sweet Carl. My nicotine. soon I will be rid of my wife too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

PokeJoe posted:

my sweet Carl. My nicotine. soon I will be rid of my wife too