Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

it was wierd watching Sales attack Plibersek over mediscare in 2022 tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

thatbastardken posted:

GREENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!

my throat is going to be loving raw tomorrow

Antony Green is getting gradually more Darren Lockyer.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Josh Frydenberg out

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1528000621604765697

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1528000375650799616

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1527988296814514176

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1527995371523256320

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1527982503234969600

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I dunno about community sentiment in Ryan and Brisbane but if Griffith goes greens I doubt it's going back to either major soon. The vibe behind max is insanely strong.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

these tweets are at best in reverse order by time. The point is solid, though.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
where you at we down for some coke

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Im about to smoke the largest marijuana i have

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Please replace Ita Buttrose with Barrie Cassidy Albo, plskthx

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

also Annabel Crab saying this election is an over-correction by the voters.

ummm how

this narraive that if people aren't voting Liberal or Labor are agents of chaos is loving insane and I don't know why it gets so much media air. The idea that democracy in a multiculcural and geographically vast nation must be binary is the dumbest thing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Only a Labor majority government will legalise coke.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

lol my extremely safe nationals seat is now an even more extremely safe nationals seat

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Animal Friend posted:

also Annabel Crab

Probably one of the most brain dead b*tches in Aus media

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Only a Labor majority government will legalise coke.

We really were just one coke away

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
One coke over the line, Sweet Albo...

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Looking forward to Dutton loudly seething as opposition leader now.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
looks like Labor/Greens/Pocock could be a Senate majority on its own without even needing Lambie

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's two Jacqui Lambies in the senate now.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Zeds dead baby, zeds dead

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
OH YEAH LABOR BACK IN POWER! Bring on proper government!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Five Straight Minutes of the Ukulele Robot sending losers to Cuba

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1527994267326717952

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Eagerly awaiting raptorfags response to the new government.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Usually, I am here in these threads every minute, but tonight I DM'd a D&D dungeon crawl instead.

The final boss was a reskinned Choldrith called the Scorched Mosterous Spider. Blue and yellow colouring. Instead of attacking with a dagger, it attacked with a ukulele and instead of spitting web it spat paper mache globs of murdoch newspapers. It reeked of poo poo and old McDonalds.

The monk killed him with her quarterstaff before she got the chance to use her flurry of blows: her "prepoll" if you will.

Tonight was a good night.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
loving finally

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It took nine years but Australia has finally rejected Rupert Murdoch's vision for Australia.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

It took nine years but Australia has finally rejected Rupert Murdoch's vision for Australia.

dont go fully insane now

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

As a stupid American is this a good or bad election result?
Did Labour/Greens underpreform?

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 21, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Lawman 0 posted:

As a stupid American is this good or bad election result?

Doesn't matter if you don't live here, but thanks for asking.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Lawman 0 posted:

Greens have performed very well and may have the somewhat balance of power- they might get enough lower house seats that mean Labor does not need to negotiate with any of the not-Liberal-conservative's who came in too. Upper house might be the same meaning no need at ALL to talk to crazy conservatives either.

Labor under-performed what they hoped but will form government and if they get ICAC in place might go on to disembowel the LNP with corruption charges before the next election.

The future for myself, my family and the world has become slightly better and more hopeful.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lawman 0 posted:

Basically the best possible result for our elections. Labor's not strong enough to ignore the Greens and the Greens made huge gains. Only likely better result would have been fewer independents that Labor could negotiate with to get around the Greens.

In addition, large Chinese-Australian communities have shown they're not happy with the Libs ratcheting up hostility with China and now Labor might hopefully wake up and not get us into a trade or hot war we'd definitely lose.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 21, 2022

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

You guys scared me so much earlier today I went to sleep and refused to look at the news until now. :dumbgun:

However momentary the fear and despair makes this night sweeter now.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Lawman 0 posted:

Generally good because the terrible former PM and his party were kicked out.

How good depends on who you ask. It's good for the Greens as a net result because they actually manged to pick up seats, but not so good if Labor can govern outright or makes a minority government with other independents (both are pretty likely). Even if that does happen and the Greens don't get to have any influence on government for the next 3.5-ish years, the big result for their party and "teal" independents (environmentally-minded conservatives) has sent a message to all ends of the political spectrum to stop ignoring those kinds of policy areas.

lih
May 15, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Basically the best possible result for our elections. Labor's not strong enough to ignore the Greens and the Greens made huge gains. Only likely better result would have been fewer independents that Labor could negotiate with to get around the Greens.

they need the greens to pass anything in the senate so it doesn't matter what the teals think largely, greens + labor will be a lower house majority almost certainly

this is also almost certainly the lowest ever seat total for the coalition since the parliament expanded to 150 seats, lower than any number under hawke/keating/rudd/gillard

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I think it's pretty likely that Labor would form government with a Teal or two to rather than the Greens to:

a) Not feed into the Labor+Green-government narrative that the Murdoch press loves; and
b) Make sure their seats stay out of Coalition hands for as long as possible by making their members actually important.

But even if these new House of Reps Teals and/or Greens end up being useless, we still have a noice balance of power in the Senate.

Comstar posted:

if they get ICAC in place might go on to disembowel the LNP with corruption charges before the next election.
They can't wimp-out on this. Go for their loving throat.

lih
May 15, 2013

they're not going to formally do a deal with anyone, they'll get supply & confidence from the Greens at least (though they'll try for as many crossbenchers as they can on top for the appearance of stability, Wilkie will surely at least too) and that will be enough. no deals, negotiate everything with the Greens bill-by-bill because it doesn't matter if Labor pass something with Teals in the house if the Greens won't support it in the Senate

the ICAC model that Labor/Greens/Teals all support is very good & i don't think there's really any room for Labor to suddenly have second thoughts about that

the Liberals have been decimated, this is one of their worst results ever & ICAC will rip into all their corrupt dealings over the past decade while they're also tearing themselves apart internally

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09RbGsUkRIc

for all those folks still partying

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Condolences for the loss of national treasure Josh Frydenberg, friends. He will be missed on Q+A most of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGgIraBEJXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5lw5pPGa3Q

gently caress you all