Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

It's all good you guys. After a year I can confirm that the PS5 still has no games

I only had a base model PS4 before, so it's still fun to see all my games enhanced, and some even get free or cheap upgrades to the PS5 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Something might have changed but at least like a month ago the PS4 version of Elden Ring is slightly better on PS5 than the native PS5 version.

Returnal is loving amazing.

However, I'm still without a PS5 and I've had Demon's Souls for like 17-18 months, though to be fair I'm not trying too hard.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

evobatman posted:

I only had a base model PS4 before, so it's still fun to see all my games enhanced, and some even get free or cheap upgrades to the PS5 version.

Oh yeah as a PS4 Pro 2 it's a really fun machine. Oh returnal is really sick too but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. The haptics stuff on it is incredible too.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
More stuff for my walls. ShopGoodwill had a group of 11" x 14" framed pics that was dirt cheap

Bing says this is Melissa Manchester, and I would agree. Google says it's a picture frame.

Harry Chapin

Comedian Robert Klein

Springsteen

A very young Bonnie Raitt

Chuck just found out I'm going to hang this in the bathroom over the toilet.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Android Apocalypse posted:

My ThermoWorks Chef Alarm's replacement probe decided to go haywire during my pork butt smoking session (kept reading HHH°F after it got past 160°F) so now I'm debating if I need their BBQ-centric systems.

I've broken probably 5-6 probes for Thermoworks stuff. They're really sensitive to bending at the strain relief and liquid getting in that joint. Thermoworks is great, but there are cheaper options out there now. I'd probably get an Inkbird Wifi thermometer in the future, for maximum laziness.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Kudos to the great Chuck picture person, good find, I'm loving jealous.
I am continuing my journey into having money for once and bought myself a Klipsch The Three II bluetooth speaker which sounds great.

Sterf has a new favorite as of 00:57 on May 22, 2022

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I dont hate it but I just need to confirm that its name is legitimately"The Three Two"

Crawshayi
May 1, 2009

Megabound posted:

New watch, it's a redial Raketa Big Zero and I'm extremely pleased with it.
https://i.imgur.com/tIDeXzE.gifv

Nice watch! Love Raketas. Got an old Copernicus which I really like, but would love to get a big zero at some point as well.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

ZeusCannon posted:

I dont hate it but I just need to confirm that its name is legitimately"The Three Two"

Well, first there was The One and The One Two, so obviously the next ones had to be named The Three and The Three Two. Just common sense.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

After many years, I've got my first Lightsaber on its way. Now to just get to work on the outfit.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Eldritch BiLast posted:

After many years, I've got my first Lightsaber on its way. Now to just get to work on the outfit.

Get fuckin in. Which one is that?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

OniPanda posted:

Get fuckin in. Which one is that?

Saberforge Eco Disciple, Weathered. I went with the "Eco RGB" option which just seems to be the LGT EcoX core, but I can also swap it out later for a Proffie Pixel profile should I get something else down the line, and move this over to more of a show Saber vs a Stunt Saber.

I also grabbed with it a custom leather wrap for the handle in this tone:

Total was 250 ish so not a bad buy-in for something like that, and this one only had a 2-4 week lead time as opposed to the higher end 5 month lead times.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Does it do anything? Legit asking.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Warbird posted:

Does it do anything? Legit asking.

Here's the demo video for the electronics I got in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SSdM3xndgE

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That’s interesting, would be more so if I cared about the property. I presume this was horribly expensive?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A rotating compost. Why does it rotate? Aerates the compost and it mulches a lot faster, it's also insulated so it works in winter. Good way to keep kitchen and organic waste from attracting flies and animals. Once it's mulched we just throw it on the regular compost heap.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any rotating composters that aren't made of plastic? I'd love to start brewing some compost for the garden.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Comatoast posted:

Are there any rotating composters that aren't made of plastic? I'd love to start brewing some compost for the garden.

A 55 gallon steel drum, some wooden sawhorses and a couple of 2x4s, and a pair of quad skates is all you'd need to whip one up yourself.

And maybe an angle grinder and some basic hardware to make some hinged access panels for it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Comatoast posted:

Yeah, swedish made Joraforms.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

His Divine Shadow posted:

A rotating compost. Why does it rotate? Aerates the compost and it mulches a lot faster, it's also insulated so it works in winter. Good way to keep kitchen and organic waste from attracting flies and animals. Once it's mulched we just throw it on the regular compost heap.

I'm so jealous. I rent in an apartment and compost.with the 3 bucket method and an earthworm house but I want a house/yard almost solely for this bad boy. (and to give my dog a yard)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I have a similar model and it's real nice. Kind of a bastard to get the stuff back out, but it's doable. Still haven't really nailed down the raitos and that bugs me. We have tons of green from kitchen plant waste, but not much in terms of brown beyond the weekly newspaper I'll shred by hand and toss in.

e - OP you may want to consider getting something under there to catch the drippings/tea. I understand it's pretty drat good fertilizer and it'll stain concrete if it dries; though a pressure washer can sort that out no problem.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

We had an Aerobin 200 for 3-4 years before and it did stain the concrete where I keep the trash can. I will put this one on the back of the house near the woods, I was thinking emptying these should be easy if I can just part the wheel barrow under it.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Warbird posted:

That’s interesting, would be more so if I cared about the property. I presume this was horribly expensive?

It cost about the same as a Warhammer Boxed set, so I can't complain.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Warbird posted:

I have a similar model and it's real nice. Kind of a bastard to get the stuff back out, but it's doable. Still haven't really nailed down the raitos and that bugs me. We have tons of green from kitchen plant waste, but not much in terms of brown beyond the weekly newspaper I'll shred by hand and toss in.

e - OP you may want to consider getting something under there to catch the drippings/tea. I understand it's pretty drat good fertilizer and it'll stain concrete if it dries; though a pressure washer can sort that out no problem.

You can put in cardboard, paper towels, leaves, tea and coffee grounds

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Eldritch BiLast posted:

Nice! I have an older Saberforge (Aeon I think, I'd have to check and :effort:) and I got the low-tier sound electronics from them and it's pretty slick. My only complaint is that I got a purple LED and it's really only purple at the base and then mostly blue, but it serves its purpose of "loving around with a lightsaber" quite well. The hilt has a nice heft to it too. The new electronics seem nicer for less money than I paid like 5 or 6 years ago too. Enjoy!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

You can put in cardboard, paper towels, leaves, tea and coffee grounds

Oh neat, I wasn’t sure about the coffee grounds. Good to know I was doing something right.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Eldritch BiLast posted:

Saberforge Eco Disciple, Weathered. I went with the "Eco RGB" option which just seems to be the LGT EcoX core, but I can also swap it out later for a Proffie Pixel profile should I get something else down the line, and move this over to more of a show Saber vs a Stunt Saber.

If you're like me, it's a rabbit hole. I started with a kyber light because they had a good buy in set and a lifetime warranty on the blade, but I wasn't a fan of the hilt. So I bought some parts off saberforge to build a new hilt, but the kyber electronics didn't fit so great, so I bought a golden harvest board. Then saberforge had a mystery blade sale, so gently caress it why not, oh also I want a shorter blade because I need to dual wield like a weeb. So I now have many lightsaber parts and I still want more because more.

They're pretty great to fight with. Even though it swings like a sword, it connects like a staff so it's a little weird at first, doesn't lock up quite like a sword. Definitely be a giant nerd though and have duel of fates playing.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

My trusty iPhone 7 started to not hold a charge so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

If I can get another 5 years out of this iPhone 13 I’ll be a happy camper.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Many mushers for my Martha tent, should be a fun, edible time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Warbird posted:

Oh neat, I wasn’t sure about the coffee grounds. Good to know I was doing something right.

Actually, despite being brown in color, coffee grounds are considered a "green" in terms of compost.

Handy guide:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I started composting in January and like 90% is just coffee grounds, banana peels and egg cartons. I guess it's good we don't have a lot of food waste but it's probably more indicative that we don't buy enough veggies to begin with.

I bought a 12.5ft telescoping ladder because we have mice/squirrels in the attic so I need to get up there more frequently and cramming our 10' A frame ladder into the tiny closet where the access panel is became a pain. Hope it's secure!

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Oddhair posted:

Many mushers for my Martha tent, should be a fun, edible time.

You think there's enough mushroom-growers on here for a thread maybe?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t grow mushrooms but I’d read the thread.

I just think they’re neat.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rolo posted:

I don’t grow mushrooms but I’d read the thread.

I just think they’re neat.
There's a mushroom thread in The Great Outdoors but I guess it's not really about growing mushrooms

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I was thinking about composting, then learned that the nearby dump has a 20ft high pile of it for free. Pretty neat.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got tired of praying for USB ports in hotel rooms so I got a couple European power adapters. Also new cables and a higher wattage brick for my travel bag. My MacBook won’t have to starve on the road now.

Adult poo poo, hell yeah.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

loving hair in the compost :barf:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve done dryer lint before. It’s ok. I mostly use it for firestarters though.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

More drones. Also got an LED kit so it'll be extra flashy when I inevitably get it stuck up in a tree somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Tickets for The Dwarves with The Queers next month. Got some merch too...

:nws:
https://i.ibb.co/1KshWHZ/Dwarves-13-CP.png

https://i.ibb.co/17DrLbn/Dwarves-Insect-Whore-Poster.png

https://i.ibb.co/mcrVjhh/Dwarves-34-CP.png

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:31 on May 25, 2022