Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

War and Pieces posted:

God you know how long I've waited to kill a man over my preference for Takara's names for 2000's transformers

Look man I like a lot of them too but no force in the universe is gonna get me to call Overhaul “Jackshot”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Nodosaur posted:

Look man I like a lot of them too but no force in the universe is gonna get me to call Overhaul “Jackshot”.

Ligerjack is a cool enough name to make up for that!

Hasbro couldn't even figure out something like Trailbreaker>Leobreaker

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

War and Pieces posted:

Hasbro couldn't even figure out something like Trailbreaker>Leobreaker

It's because they couldn't get the trademark.

Either way, it worked out, because Overhaul gets to be his own character independent of Trailbreaker.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just want someone to make a Sky Gary, a Water Charles, and a Land Stephanie, personally.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Don't forget Randy!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Or Nemesis Randy

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
They'd have to make a Lahey too and I'm not sure they can sell that to kids

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
New Heinrad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I actually found Kickback and Skids in the wild. Since it was going to be face-meltingly hot here in the SC I went to do shopping early which apparently is just the time to find the entire wave on the shelves.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DoctorWhat posted:

New Heinrad.
I would buy that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

Or Nemesis Randy

:rock:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like some leaks have come out showing a Legacy Scourge Laser Prime repaint.

https://twitter.com/HouseholdWheel/status/1527717092669198339

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 20, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hot pink is back on the menu, boys! :dance:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Some people are saying it's actually supposed to be Nemesis Prime, not Scourge but the faction symbol apparently clinches it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Looks like some leaks have come out showing a Legacy Scourge Laser Prime repaint.

Sign me up!

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Goddamn, that Black Convoy color scheme is 120% hot sex. Plus the character choice keeps the door open for a new Cybertron Scourge... :getin:

Velocitron is 2 for 2 so far, and we haven't even seen Cosmos(!) yet.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having never heard of Catilla before, watching Gavin's new TRDQ with a Battle Cat sabre tooth tiger Pretender that splits open to reveal a...smaller sabre tooth tiger robot inside was very much a delightful case of "I don't know why I didn't expect that."

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Some people are saying it's actually supposed to be Nemesis Prime, not Scourge but the faction symbol apparently clinches it.

I know it's just an upside-down G2 Autobot symbol, but the shape of his logo always looked like a weird Darth Vader head to me:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dabir posted:

:sickos:

That color scheme is perfect.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Dabir posted:

I hope it comes without the trailer, I have too many trailers on my trailer pile.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One bot has a cameo in the new Chip & Dale movie:

It's Blaster! His G1 style. You can find pictures around

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

One bot has a cameo in the new Chip & Dale movie:

It's Blaster! His G1 style. You can find pictures around

Don't forget Optimus's leg!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

"I get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Oh hell and drat yes

I grabbed a Blaster, and, he's pretty great! I shoulda got a Jazz and Soundwave last year.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Zephirus posted:

I hope it comes without the trailer, I have too many trailers on my trailer pile.

You can just throw it out, of course.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A TF designer put up these pics of Menasor/Motormaster on his Instagram. That’s weird, right?

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1527850562091290624

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Smaller than I was hoping he'd be, but still a 100% improvement over the CW one. Curious how they'll approach Superion, assuming they do that next year.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely disagree, I love the CW one (and the other CW combiners) because it actually feels like you’re transforming and combining limbs to make a larger whole which needs all of the limbs to be complete. That picture shows what’s wrong with the new Menasor - you can make an entirely serviceable robot without 3 of the 4 limbs (which are just slapped on a frame in a slavish devotion to a frankly questionable animation model).

That’s not a combiner, that’s a big robot wearing purely cosmetic and entirely optional “armor”.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Definitely disagree, I love the CW one (and the other CW combiners) because it actually feels like you’re transforming and combining limbs to make a larger whole which needs all of the limbs to be complete. That picture shows what’s wrong with the new Menasor - you can make an entirely serviceable robot without 3 of the 4 limbs (which are just slapped on a frame in a slavish devotion to a frankly questionable animation model).

That’s not a combiner, that’s a big robot wearing purely cosmetic and entirely optional “armor”.

It has both legs filled out, you just can't even see the other robots involved.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Xenomrph posted:

"Alright guys, we're a combiner team now!". "I dunno boss, seems to me you're just trying to use us as human robot shields..."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dragstrip and the other arm get to be carmour, Wildrider and whoever else is on the leg are... Carlf muscles?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

A TF designer put up these pics of Menasor/Motormaster on his Instagram. That’s weird, right?

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1527850562091290624

Mark and the rest of the design team have been doing a lot of behind the scenes promotional stuff lately. Creator's commentary, the Star Saber test shot video, etc. Lot more transparency lately.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PvP put up a photo gallery of Legacy Tarantulas.

Looks like he's mostly a rework of what they were doing with Blackarachnia. Obviously shorter and squatter, but his hip business, his robot mode arms and legs, even his gun, all look pretty similar. Still, there's enough tweaks there to get a very different looking result.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

I agree with this but the frame approach seems more sturdy which is my main gripe with the CW guys and gals. Even with upgrade kits they are a floppy mess.

Those hands are a shame though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dabir posted:

That’s even stupider

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dabir posted:

Is the waist rotated 180? That seems... lame.i don't even care that menasor is basically accessorizing with the other bots, but at least let me see them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The legs definitely do, at minimum, the back of box photos have them showing the backs forward in "naked" mode.

Scratch that, I misinterpreted the photo.

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-legacy-series-commander-decepticon-motormaster

E: Actually, I wonder if he has the legs backwards in that photo? The diagram of how you attach the leg cars says to me that they should be facing forwards, with his purple naked feet becoming his heels.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 21, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have horrible news

Those legs are correctly facing because that's, for some *insane* reason, how the G1 animation model was. The leg robos went on the back in the cartoon.

You don't remember it because how often did you see his legs and also it's loving stupid why would you design a combiner that way but

Yeah

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Definitely disagree, I love the CW one (and the other CW combiners) because it actually feels like you’re transforming and combining limbs to make a larger whole which needs all of the limbs to be complete.

Except the robot that results from that in the CW version is complete poo poo, regardless of one's opinion of the Legacy one. Even with the Perfect Effect add-ons, it's still the worst out of the entire lot.

quote:

That picture shows what’s wrong with the new Menasor - you can make an entirely serviceable robot without 3 of the 4 limbs (which are just slapped on a frame in a slavish devotion to a frankly questionable animation model).

That's what Menasor is, yes. For good or ill, that's the character. As with so many of the figures they've made in the last three years, I'm glad they've made the character rather than whatever nonsense the CW one was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Huh, yeah. In the screenshot the wiki has for his first episode his arms look like they're made of the cars, but in the other screenshots he's, well...