Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

troofs posted:

How is Dalraida these days? Can you get more than 5 people in an instance to do it now?

I wish they'd make a duty playlist for these mega-raids. It's the only duty content that feels like it gets made obsolete after the relevant expansion and so much effort went into them. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gotta admit, CC can get real fuckin' discouraging when I get obliterated instantly no matter how much HP I have when I hit guard, and some monk can get wailed on by 3 people for 10 seconds, then hit Guard, and still get away somehow.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Why does anyone ever do Palace of the dead? I went in with my Ninja to see if it might be fun, and its boring boring boring boring boring boring boring HOLY loving poo poo dead

I spent like 30 minutes on 3 floors killing stuff, got poxed, spent about 5 minutes very slowly killing things while chugging potions, and then tried to fight 2 imps after I found the pomander that cures it, and absolutely murdered the poo poo out of myself because apparently their ice armor does a shitload of damage and I think dream within a dream counts as 3 hits

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

skill issue

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I used to do potd to level dps jobs since their queue times can be longer but lately I just do a daily Frontline instead and spend the rest of my gaming time doing actually enjoyable things.

Potd might be cool if it were level 80+ but the job kits are typically so goddamn dull even at 60.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

A Moose posted:

Why does anyone ever do Palace of the dead? I went in with my Ninja to see if it might be fun, and its boring boring boring boring boring boring boring HOLY loving poo poo dead

I spent like 30 minutes on 3 floors killing stuff, got poxed, spent about 5 minutes very slowly killing things while chugging potions, and then tried to fight 2 imps after I found the pomander that cures it, and absolutely murdered the poo poo out of myself because apparently their ice armor does a shitload of damage and I think dream within a dream counts as 3 hits

As I learned after my first time, you're really not supposed to go in solo unless you're going for a specific achievment

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah normally I could get like... 20-30ish floors done in half an hour? Something like that? If I'm in a full group. I could be misremembering though I haven't done it in a bit

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah I went in level 51 solo

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, god drat. Don't solo it unless you know what you're doing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The answer to why does anybody do potd solo is that, by and large, they don't

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Solo to floor 200 is one of the rarest (if not the rarest) achievement in the game for a reason.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's a cool little community that makes guides and stuff for deep dungeon solo, including at least one streamer who does it as his main thing. It can be pretty tense and fun to watch.

I respect it but the big hurdle for me on trying it was always having to farm hundreds of sustaining potions. I really hope they rethink that mechanic in the endwalker deep dungeon

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Solo to floor 200 is one of the rarest (if not the rarest) achievement in the game for a reason.
ask me about dying solo on floor 197

(don't ask me, I'll just cry)

re: Dalriada, it and Castrum Litore are pretty well populated right now actually, I think it's a good time for a lull in EW content between people being done with savage and being closer to done leveling etc; also, a 5 or 6 person group in either one is actually amazing if people are actually bringing essences and lost actions, because the echo buff is real stronk

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Warmachine posted:

One of these days...

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

poo poo, I wasn't trying to do 200 floors, I just wanted to do 51-60, maybe get one of those relic things so I didn't have to do Delubrum Reginae post-shadowbringers AND not have to wait in a queue. Guess that is the hard way

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Necromancer actually became a lot more common lately since a bunch of streamers did (or attempted to do) it during the WoW boom last year and brought attention to it.

Looking forward to deep dungeon 3 solo, personally

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Moose posted:

poo poo, I wasn't trying to do 200 floors, I just wanted to do 51-60, maybe get one of those relic things so I didn't have to do Delubrum Reginae post-shadowbringers AND not have to wait in a queue. Guess that is the hard way

The thing with the Dungeon is that it was way more of a thing when HW was the most relevant expansion pack and low-level experience gain was much lower because it was an insta-queue for up to 4 DPSes.

At this point it's entirely a relic because Trusts mean that you can level faster doing dungeons so it's only worth doing if you want glams or cheevos.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Thundarr posted:

Gotta admit, CC can get real fuckin' discouraging when I get obliterated instantly no matter how much HP I have when I hit guard, and some monk can get wailed on by 3 people for 10 seconds, then hit Guard, and still get away somehow.

CC can get really weird sometimes. I’ve seen myself get one shotted from full health and I know they didn’t use a Limit Break. I also have seen some really weird poo poo where I think people have been cheating. Like I tried to use my LB, and I got stunned or something. So then I try to shield, and it got interrupted. Like, perfectly knew what I was going to do in seconds, and I so I was about to die but I managed to sneak in and get a potion and then when I didn’t die, the person harassing me just stopped. Just sat there until I killed them. It just felt like they were cheating and the situation broke their cheat. I can’t prove it, so best I can say it that it was odd.

CC is very wonky but best you can do is work with the wonk. Like I usually know I have to smash my shield twice for it to turn on because the game won’t register my initial input and will go “no something happened to you first”

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Keep in mind some brain genious designer did decide to give machinist a 5% success rate instant kill, for reasons that remain unclear to everyone

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I'm Platinum and I've only had that proc for me once.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I swear I had 10 matches in a row where the moment the other team had numerical superiority, my team immediately fell apart and started feeding in one at a time until we lost. Didn't matter if I was calling targets or to regroup, or if we had gotten 90% of the way to their side. As soon as we were outnumbered it just instantly snowballed into a failure.

And I still can't figure out how it is that when my team sends one person in to hold the crystal they just die, but when the other team does it those one off divers always live long enough to hold out until the rest of their team arrives.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

The big change I'd made to new PvP (other than reworking all instakill buttons) is to implement wave respawns to save pubbies from themselves. Would require some tweaking, but there would be less blowouts just from that.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

Keep in mind some brain genious designer did decide to give machinist a 5% success rate instant kill, for reasons that remain unclear to everyone

It happened to me in overtime and I lost the game because of it

It’s poo poo, op

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Firebert posted:

It happened to me in overtime and I lost the game because of it

It’s poo poo, op

I saw you post and then immediately wondered where you fit in the Bert Tier List

I need to take a break from ffxiv threads

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I do have to give props to the enemy drk who was the sole survivor on their team as my entire team jumped onto the crystal to push it back in overtime. He was hanging onto his LB for just that moment, and it won the game for him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

The reason is that it is a reference to how Chainsaw works in FF6 and PVP is a goofy mode where everyone is OP so it is where they're tossing in all the goofy poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been grouping with a friend as she goes through ARR, and tonight we reached Shiva and I accomplished something I think is pretty cool

https://twitter.com/regy_rusty/status/1528210437577359360

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I've been grouping with a friend as she goes through ARR, and tonight we reached Shiva and I accomplished something I think is pretty cool

https://twitter.com/regy_rusty/status/1528210437577359360

The exact second to /hildy during her flight has been etched in my brain for the past seven years.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Roluth posted:

The big change I'd made to new PvP (other than reworking all instakill buttons) is to implement wave respawns to save pubbies from themselves. Would require some tweaking, but there would be less blowouts just from that.

I just want little "Group up!" and "Wait for respawns!" chat commands I can hit.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

The exact second to /hildy during her flight has been etched in my brain for the past seven years.

And standing in the right spot to get stepped on.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Khizan posted:

I just want little "Group up!" and "Wait for respawns!" chat commands I can hit.

Do you really think anyone would listen to anything but marks? And even then they only listen half the time.

The only way to ensure clueless people don't run in alone is to take the choice away from them.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Eclairchannel4/status/1526906561662095360

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Reaper above White Mage and Warrior? :thunk:

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

No way BRD's bad, it's cleave and burst are both decent, the silence can secure kills, and its buffs can make a subtle difference. It's hard to kill too with its bind and second Purify.

Also, who is this nerd and why are they authoritative on this subject? Some vtuber?

Roluth fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 22, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BRD doesn't feel terribly powerful in the hands of someone who's not used to it. It's very good, but in a subtle way.

Though even with that logic, I'm not really seeing how you can justify putting it in the lowest tier.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

oh this is a PvP list, I don't care then

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

BRD doesn't feel terribly powerful in the hands of someone who's not used to it. It's very good, but in a subtle way.

Though even with that logic, I'm not really seeing how you can justify putting it in the lowest tier.

Yeah. It doesn't make shiny glory-hogging plays like some other jobs can, but it has a lot of stuff that adds up when used well and can give pushes in useful places. I don't doubt the player's self-reported skill, but I think they're basing this list on playing next to jobs rather than playing as them. There's a lot going on when people clash, and if the enemy falls over without guarding you're going to be too busy moving on to the next thing to wonder if someone silenced them.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Reaper, Warrior, and Bard all look out of place on that tier list to me.

Though I've been tooling around with Reaper in casual and I don't think it's quite as bad as it's reputation suggests. It's not good, primarily due to the sheer amount of counterplay there is to everything it's trying to do, but it snowballs hard if you get going.

e: Specifically I'd rate Reaper in C, Warrior in A, and Bard in B.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 22, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Reaper above White Mage and Warrior? :thunk:

Probably because Hysteria feels really bad when you get hit by it. That said, I agree this feels like a "how does it feel playing next to/against these classes?" chart. Quite a few kits have very subtle ways they put their finger on the scale that you might not notice in the thick of things beyond a fight being slightly easier than others if you're really paying attention. As a PLD player, you probably won't notice (on either side) that the PLD threw Guardian on you and ate most of the enemy team's alpha strike; you're too busy trying to kill and not be killed yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Roluth posted:

Wouldn’t be against this

FuturePastNow posted:

And standing in the right spot to get stepped on.

Afaik she always teleports on top of someone’s head to give ‘em the old 4pm flattening