Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I *still* have not had a smooj

:same: though I bought a 4 pack on Sunday so its only a matter of time.
Smooj Sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bark! A Vagrant
Jan 4, 2007

Grad school is good for mental health

Nth Doctor posted:

Smooj Sniper.

You've been hit by-
You've been struck by-
A smooj criminal

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nth Doctor posted:

:same: though I bought a 4 pack on Sunday so its only a matter of time.
Smooj Sniper.

I like to grate some fresh nutmeg on the top.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Snack Bitch posted:

Can you taste the cream cheese powder? Having trouble imagining what that’s like.

update, not really, it tastes mainly like blackberry and pineapple, a bit more towards blackberry.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I had a heavy fruit sour that said it had notes cherry and almond (?) but I suspect it contained neither. No powdered cheese either, or it could have gone all the way to coffee cake sour.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Words have stopped meaning things

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Really upset that the true beer epiphany, brut IPA’s, lasted like 6 seconds but people still gobbling up the lactose phase.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Soda.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Really upset that the true beer epiphany, brut IPA’s, lasted like 6 seconds but people still gobbling up the lactose phase.

Seriously. And why don't more people make black IPAs? Three Heads thankfully has Skunk.

Basically, give me more bruts, blacks, and sessions.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Black and Brut IPAs? What?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Why they gotta be black?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Because it's delicious!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
WTF is a "black IPA?"

It's a goddam Cascadian Dark Ale, assholes.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

IPAs drink like this, black IPAs drink like this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hey Founders, how come these cost $3 while the other ones cost $5 ???

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hey Founders, how come these cost $3 while the other ones cost $5 ???

Some sort of compromise, I see.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I'm taking a vacation to the Sacramento next month, and was hoping for some brewery recommendations around Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and San Francisco area?

Slice is my favorite in the area and I would add Bike Dog as another solid brewery in Sacramento. Pangea Cafe I worth a visit too. Great food and beer selection and is across the street from Gunther’s ice cream. They have won best burger in the Sac multiple years in a row, for whatever that’s worth.

For the Lake Tahoe area, I haven’t found anything good. We went to Alibi brewing last weekend and left without finishing either of our beers. Tahoe National Brewing just opened 3 months ago and it tasted like they are still figuring things out. The flavors were not what you expected for the style. Best option for Tahoe is to plan on getting beer from Slice/Moksa/Moonraker before you go.

Auburn Alehouse can be good but sometimes busy stop for food and beer if you pass through the area. Get the Califlower bites and Mac and Cheese.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All IPA is Cold IPA unless you are drinking it warm and who would do that?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Had a Live Oak hefeweizen this week and it probably is the best Hefeweizen in the country.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Snack Bitch posted:

Slice is my favorite in the area...

Still working through the 2 flats of Slice I grabbed last weekend. Would suggest doing stocking up if you're in the area. Hopefully my beer nerd buddy is available for liver damage tomorrow because I've got 2 crowlers that need to be consumed and I've been waiting on him to etiher not be sick or on the road for work.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I'm gonna go buy some beer later

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

highme posted:

Still working through the 2 flats of Slice I grabbed last weekend. Would suggest doing stocking up if you're in the area. Hopefully my beer nerd buddy is available for liver damage tomorrow because I've got 2 crowlers that need to be consumed and I've been waiting on him to etiher not be sick or on the road for work.

Nice, we picked up the Helles, Mega Mo, and Sonic Blaster on Sunday.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Josh Wow posted:

Had a Live Oak hefeweizen this week and it probably is the best Hefeweizen in the country.

I do not think this is a terribly controversial opinion. That beer kicks rear end.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Josh Wow posted:

:bisonyes:

gently caress I'm gonna miss live oak so much

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this mango, tamarind and lime sour is solid, serious lime notes happenin

plus it's got a mexican wrestler on the can

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/38773/548353/?ba=mkh012

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 19, 2022

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Here is my controversial opinion: all kettle sours are bad.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Can I subscribe to your newsletter. This is a good opinion.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mangorindo the wrestler disagrees

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:hmmyes:

You know what’s good though?

This Guinness nitro coffee brew I’m drinking right now.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I ended up visiting Slice and Moksa. Thank you, Henrik Zetterberg, for the recommendations. My girlfriend really like the "SPF 65" sour with passion fruit and we brought some home, (and because of her proclivity for sours I think I may have been converted into liking them, may even try and brew one next.) We also brought "Welcome Young One" back from Moksa. While there I had the, "Smells Like C.R.E.A.M. Spirit." That one was super heavy and I really wish I had tried the "In Harmony" in hindsight. I'm really excited to start repping the shirts I brought back from both of them.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Brawnfire posted:

Seriously. And why don't more people make black IPAs? Three Heads thankfully has Skunk.

Basically, give me more bruts, blacks, and sessions.

I will second this motion, and put forward an amendment to also include red IPAs in the list.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Like Cascazilla? Thirded.

Or, I guess, refirsted

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Snack Bitch posted:

Auburn Alehouse can be good but sometimes busy stop for food and beer if you pass through the area. Get the Califlower bites and Mac and Cheese.

poo poo, I totally forgot about Auburn Alehouse. I played on a beer league hockey team that they sponsored too! I'd put them in the pretty good category. The food is pretty dang good too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I ended up visiting Slice and Moksa. Thank you, Henrik Zetterberg, for the recommendations. My girlfriend really like the "SPF 65" sour with passion fruit and we brought some home, (and because of her proclivity for sours I think I may have been converted into liking them, may even try and brew one next.) We also brought "Welcome Young One" back from Moksa. While there I had the, "Smells Like C.R.E.A.M. Spirit." That one was super heavy and I really wish I had tried the "In Harmony" in hindsight. I'm really excited to start repping the shirts I brought back from both of them.

:hf:

I've got a Halloween Slice shirt with skeletons breathing fire and poo poo. It's awesome, and like the second beer shirt purchase I've ever made.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

next up for fruited sours

full panther from junkyard - dragonfruit, passionfruit, cherry - 7%

not sure what dragonfruit tastes like so I'm guessing it's what I'm tasting

the other is she is my cherry pie from tripping animals brewing. cherry, cranberry, graham cracker and milk sugar - 6%

Only registered members can see post attachments!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Words no longer have meaning

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like beer, not that.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

other one has some series tart cherry vibes and a bit of the graham cracker test, very solid :cheers:

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 22, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm currently enjoying a Genesee ruby red kolsch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Think I've posted some of these here in the past. I break beer bottles and put them back together inside mason jars. It isn't exactly a resin cast, but I have pretty good secret to keeping the glass suspended. Just started a thread in the hobby forum but I'd like to share the bud platinum bottle I broke. They're decorative pieces worth nothing, but serves as a good bookend

Working on five more right now.