Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Commander Keene posted:

:lol: I think we may be talking about different ways to glitch yourself up into endgame Tephra Cave, the one I know about involved kiting a monster over to a certain area and using it to damage boost yourself up onto a ledge. AFAIK that one only exists in the original Wii version.

But this quote from an LP of DE indicates that there was another glitch you could exploit in an unpatched version of DE to get into roughly the same area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyTPf9Hwie4&t=22s

Yup, it was extremely simple to execute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What was that 4 player castlevania on Xbox 360? Harmony of despair? Was that any good?

It was really fun with friends. It still works if you have it installed on a 360 and you can join with friends directly if you all have xbl gold or game pass or whatever it’s called now.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Lol wow I went back to colony 9 to do some sidequests and everything seems chill/back to normal with npcs shopkeeps and all that good stuff?? I get it for gameplay purposes but uh poo poo looked reeeeally rough just earlier

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the better Xenoblade 1 experience, DE or emulated on Dolphin?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't think the original has the option to have experience points go into a checking account before it hits the characters. That alone is making my experience extremely enjoyable, I feel like I have perfect calibration over the difficulty as I explore new areas

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

I've played Wii and Switch and the Switch version os noticeably better

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, I have the Xenoblade 3D (which is basically the Wii version scaled down to 3DS) and DE and unless you know the game really well and are really attached to the textures and models in the Wii version over the "more anime" DE models you're 100% better off playing DE. There's just so much more QoL in DE that the Wii version is obsolete as long as you own a Switch.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

playing the wii version isn't bad or anything, but the switch version introduced a bunch of quality of life and it's one of the most beautiful games on the system so i'd call it the definitive version

even tho i'm a little miffed they changed the character designs

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Your Computer posted:

playing the wii version isn't bad or anything, but the switch version introduced a bunch of quality of life and it's one of the most beautiful games on the system so i'd call it the definitive version

looks good as hell OP

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The landscapes are 100% the reason to play Xenoblade, and by gum are they astounding. Here's hoping Xenoblade 3 remember to out their budget into that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bug Squash posted:

The landscapes are 100% the reason to play Xenoblade, and by gum are they astounding. Here's hoping Xenoblade 3 remember to out their budget into that.

i means it's arguably the one thing that's stayed consistent between the past 3 games, the environments have always been awesome

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really gotta get over my RPG missables anxiety and just play both games before 3 comes out. And completely ignore the affinity board cause that will drive me insane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I really gotta get over my RPG missables anxiety and just play both games before 3 comes out. And completely ignore the affinity board cause that will drive me insane.

If it looks like an interesting quest do it. If not don't. That's the basic rule.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the monado

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tha Mo-NAH-Doe, seared in my brain

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You need to say any Xenoblade in either a British or welsh accent or there isn’t a point

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does XC2 have good worldbuilding? What did people hate so much?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cum jabbar posted:

It has anime and some silly gacha mechanics.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

cum jabbar posted:

It has randomly-grabbed access to certain side characters/weapons which drives completionists to insanity, and they're all designed by guest manga/anime artists so they don't entirely fit in. Both are sorta for plot reasons.

When it came out it leaked certain qol features because the team was busy adding them to the latest Zelda instead. The Xenoblade team also worked on each contemporary Zelda title's sweeping landscapes to the detriment of Xenoblade itself.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The characters have big cans

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

xenoblade 2 owns. the gacha thing kind of sucks but it's largely ignorable because the game just isn't that hard. if you're a 100% completionist i can see it being annoying but ... just don't do that.

otherwise it's great. fun game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

big ol honkers

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

big ol honkers

Sold

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

An Actual Princess posted:

looks good as hell OP

Is that a Switch screen or emulated Wii?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Takoluka posted:

It has anime and some silly gacha mechanics.

The first is anime as gently caress as well.

Both games are pretty standard shonen stories

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

cum jabbar posted:

Combat was stale, break systems with combos aren't my thing. Games like this you do the same thing over and over (all RPGs really) and if you don't like that core combat then the game won't play well. I liked the game for about ~35 hours, but some things just put me over the edge to selling it. Gacha stuff was lame, for sure. I was annoyed by 'loss battles' or whatever they are called, where you win a fight but lose in the end. The story was bad pretty often with what some people would see as quirky sexualized moments but for me it was just weird. It's been a while but I remember things like the map and finding locations sucking rear end and menus and the UI being cluttered as poo poo. For me the game was blurry too, which is passable for some but I didn't think I had to tolerate it with other games on the market. Some people thought the yelling in fights was dumb but I tuned it out.

Ultimately I can see why people liked it, if the things I mentioned didn't bother them or were generally positives. There were times where you'd come to a place and it felt unique and interesting. Music was generally good. Getting new companions was often pretty cool even with Gacha. It's the same conversation people have about P5, where I really liked it despite stuff like the main character fainting ending a battle as a failure or combat being turn based in a specific way. It's a more love it or hate it game than most.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 22, 2022

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Is that a Switch screen or emulated Wii?

switch

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Thanks thread, I didn't know I wanted another edition of Xenoblade Chronicles.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

An Actual Princess posted:

looks good as hell OP

This looks a lot like a prerendered screenshot using the same code with draw distance turned to maximum rather than in-game

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ok

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah that’s not an actual in game screenshot

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

XC:DE is basically Lords of Amalur or whatever. An empty MMO world single player game.

The story is great, but spending 50% of your time just running around sucks.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The first is anime as gently caress as well.

Both games are pretty standard shonen stories

anime is good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cum jabbar posted:

This looks a lot like a prerendered screenshot using the same code with draw distance turned to maximum rather than in-game

Tiny Timbs posted:

what in gods name are you guys talking about

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anime is good

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Any game that has huge areas like that need some way to get around real goddamn fast. Like hitting a button to activate super speed mode that lets you zoom by these large areas, like how some games let you summon a horse right underneath you.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Morpheus posted:

Any game that has huge areas like that need some way to get around real goddamn fast. Like hitting a button to activate super speed mode that lets you zoom by these large areas, like how some games let you summon a horse right underneath you.

Yeah, that would've been nice

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

All these posts about xenoblade have got me feeling like
IT'S REYN TIME

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

cum jabbar posted:

Tiny Timbs posted:

lol

no Gaur Plains on Xenoblade DE really does just look that good. You can tell it's real by the mob Tirkin enemy within draw distance in the bottom right, the Armu in medium distance, and the named monster off in the distance. (Named monsters have longer draw distances than normal mob monsters.) If the draw distance was turned up the grass wouldn't be noticeably culled either

Xenoblade: It looks so good, people won't believe it's real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's always easy to tell when someone hasn't played a Xenoblade game because they see a screenshot and have the (understandable) reaction of "that must be fake it looks too good" because Monolith Soft work some serious magic on Nintendo consoles like nobody else.