Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ix is cool mostly for bein a fully portable dq with a class system. th postgame is 100% unplayable now probably but the main game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

ix is cool mostly for bein a fully portable dq with a class system. th postgame is 100% unplayable now probably but the main game is good
RPGs where you go around granting wishes like this or Lightning Returns are cool, and Nintendo should make a Kirby RPG with this premise.

edit: Also Mario RPG

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
17. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Stayed as Villain, Kanto Defeated, 59% Completion)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

17. LEGO DC Super-Villains (Stayed as Villain, Kanto Defeated, 59% Completion)

now youve got to do johto

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

7. Ace Attorney: Justice for All (Good ending)

good-rear end game, definitely holds up as a sequel. can completely understand why Turnabout Big Top is so infamous, and inversely, can understand why Farewell My Turnabout is so revered. onto Trials and Tribulations

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Farewell my turnabout is so unbelievably good.
when he busts out the wine glass is one of the best moments in the series

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Farewell my turnabout is so unbelievably good.
when he busts out the wine glass is one of the best moments in the series

it's extremely win. i have a hard time deciding between it and Turnabout Goodbyes as my favorite case so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Farewell My Turnabout 100% makes up for Big Top and then some it's so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12. Deadlight. Started rolling random #s to clear out my unplayed Steam backlog. This game is a massive turd. Limbo meets Last of Us. Epic!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

12. Deadlight. Started rolling random #s to clear out my unplayed Steam backlog. This game is a massive turd. Limbo meets Last of Us. Epic!

the secret ending is very freaking TWISTED

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I think Deadlight killed Summer of Arcade along with Tony Hawk HD and Wreckateer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

welcome posted:

I think Deadlight killed Summer of Arcade along with Tony Hawk HD and Wreckateer.

lol drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

welcome posted:

Lol cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i did that a few years ago and mostly ended up playing unplayed humble bundle turds [pre-sjw era bundle when you get get johnathan blows magnum opus braid + 50 other games for a dollar] and a bunch of dead 2d multiplayer shooters. why were there so many 2d online multiplayer shooters in 2013 or soemthing?

however i also played the hit pervert metroidvania "rabbi ribbi" which someone bought for me....to completion !!(cooming)!!! as well so it worked out i guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i did that a few years ago and mostly ended up playing unplayed humble bundle turds [pre-sjw era bundle when you get get johnathan blows magnum opus braid + 50 other games for a dollar] and a bunch of dead 2d multiplayer shooters. why were there so many 2d online multiplayer shooters in 2013 or soemthing?

however i also played the hit pervert metroidvania "rabbi ribbi" which someone bought for me....to completion !!(cooming)!!! as well so it worked out i guess.

the next game i rolled was a remaster of a episodic 2013 european gears of war clone

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Aston posted:

10. Stacklands

Cute little city-builder type game where you stack cards in combinations to make different cards. It's very short but worth the $5 if you like that sort of thing.

i picked this up after you mentioned it here and just beat it. decent game. i kept playing my save for like an hour after beating it just farming more and more carrots and making more treasure chests to hold the coins i made form selling the too many god dman carrots i had. def worth the price

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

1. arceus
2. elden ring
3. ratchet and clank: rift apart

one of my Gamer Confessions is that i never played a r&c game before. this was pretty fun. controls and movement felt really good and most of the weapons were pretty fun to use with a few exceptions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

1. arceus
2. elden ring
3. ratchet and clank: rift apart

one of my Gamer Confessions is that i never played a r&c game before. this was pretty fun. controls and movement felt really good and most of the weapons were pretty fun to use with a few exceptions
It's a solid place to start. The two best R&C games are Up Your Arsenal and A Crack In Time, if you want to play more. Skip the first game for sure, skip all the ports of PSP games, and Tools of Destruction also isn't great.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: really great stories/characters and I always had fun piecing together the mysteries in the courtroom. sometimes i would get a little bored during the investigation phases and little things like the constant sound effects would get to me after awhile but not enough to take away how great the game is. the last case with gant escalated in a really interesting way, plus it dumps so much more evidence on you than the previous cases it tests you more as a good last challenge. very interested in what the 2nd game in the series will be like in terms of gameplay changes and elaborate stories. really glad i decided to try these games on a whim.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Dimension of the Boomed (2018, 7 maps for Doom II, UV Pistol Start, did some nosaving on the earlier maps). An absolutely fantastic recreation of quake level design with all the constraints of the doom engine, the custom texture work is awesome and the mappers did a great job making something unique from the quake inspiration. would be a 5/5 set is MAP04 wasn't a huge tedious turd that would make American McGee blush. also the hitbox on their custom scrag enemy is weird and its really easy to get stuck inside them if they float down during a ambush which was pretty frustrating. MAP03 and MAP05 are absolutely standouts. 4/5

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: really great stories/characters and I always had fun piecing together the mysteries in the courtroom. sometimes i would get a little bored during the investigation phases and little things like the constant sound effects would get to me after awhile but not enough to take away how great the game is. the last case with gant escalated in a really interesting way, plus it dumps so much more evidence on you than the previous cases it tests you more as a good last challenge. very interested in what the 2nd game in the series will be like in terms of gameplay changes and elaborate stories. really glad i decided to try these games on a whim.

i only ever played the first 3 phoenix wright games but they all own so hard. they all tended to have really strong final cases as i recall

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X story mode
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3
17) Soul Calibur 6
18) Sniper Elite 4
19) Zombie Army 4: Dead War
20) Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
21) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
22) Transformers: Devastation
23) Castlevania: Dracula X
24) Bulletstorm

The base assault rifle was boring to use but I guess that's the point. The rest of the weapons were fun and varied, and the Skillshots really mixed things up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Pretty fun game, the combat wasn't anything special but the puzzles and exploration was pretty fun, you're constantly being rewarded for exploring and messing with things. It's constantly firing jokes at you so not all of them land but I had some really good laughs throughout too. I'll probably be playing off and on for a while to unlock more characters and ships and stuff, it seems like a good game to fire up every now and then when you want something easy to chill out with.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Gunk

Cool aesthetic and ambiance, but the gameplay is barely above a walking sim and the story isn't strong enough to carry it. 7/10 only because it's short.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Gorogoa

Cute little puzzle game. Very short, and pretty easy, and absolutely not worth full price; only get it on sale or play it on gamepass.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome

Cleared on easy mode for babies with several continues, but it was fun so I'm thinking about trying harder difficulties. Pretty good take on the Hard Corps formula.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Metal Wolf Chaos

decently fun but it made me just want another armoured core game more than anything else. Vice President Richard Hawk is a good villain and he got a lot of dialogue so that was pretty fun while i was blowing stuff up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3

incredible and very touching ending. i knew the masked guy was Claus pretty much from his introduction but Fassad being the missing magypsy surprised me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ace Attorney: Justice for All

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Triangle Strategy - All Endings

loving incredible game, well worth the slight tedium of repeating the early game so many times to see all the endings.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

BEat it about a month ago but finally picked up the 100% in Patricks Parabox

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

11. Loom

I feel like I've played this before but I didn't remember very much of it. It's a LucasArts point and click adventure game, but there's a gimmick where instead of the usual inventory management puzzles, you learn magic spells in the form of songs. It's very short, like 2-3 hours long, and it's quite silly. I enjoyed it.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Franken RPG. its free, like an hour long and has some good jokes. g0m was in the credits

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Jenny Agutter posted:

Franken RPG. its free, like an hour long and has some good jokes. g0m was in the credits

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
and it’s made by gom??? My wallet!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a game for gom, by gom

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

8. Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia - Normal, Norzaleo Kingdom

9. DRAINUS - Normal 1cc, no deaths

American McGay