Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Nichael posted:

This show better not end without revealing the Jeff and Barry project.

The project was....

the Warner/Discovery merger.

And Roger is the new CEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jeff: Uuuhhhhhh... I thought we were working on a pop-up book?
Barry: We were DEFINITELY working on a pop-up book just minutes ago.
Roger: That was boring! [clapping in their faces] BO-RING BOOK! And your pop-ups were too scary. That monster! [shudders] Anyhow, I redirected your energy into something useful...

Like this major corporate merger! [jazz hands]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just finished a 2 day road trip and you’d best believe I’ve got some new Roger persona names to post up when I’ve had some sleep.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nichael posted:

This show better not end without revealing the Jeff and Barry project.

They're saving that plot line for the American Dad movie.

Brawnfire posted:

Jeff: Uuuhhhhhh... I thought we were working on a pop-up book?
Barry: We were DEFINITELY working on a pop-up book just minutes ago.
Roger: That was boring! [clapping in their faces] BO-RING BOOK! And your pop-ups were too scary. That monster! [shudders] Anyhow, I redirected your energy into something useful...

Like this major corporate merger! [jazz hands]

This is excellent work, full marks.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I can see it now. Jeff and Barry are the only ones immune to the golden turd, so they must take it to Roger's home planet.

Then it turns out that Jeff just got high while taking Steve and his friends to the air and space museum. Then the actually plot can start.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

TheFattestPat posted:

I can see it now. Jeff and Barry are the only ones immune to the golden turd, so they must take it to Roger's home planet.

Then it turns out that Jeff just got high while taking Steve and his friends to the air and space museum. Then the actually plot can start.

Oh man, I would watch the HELL out of that episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it AD that had a "barnyard scene" where a bunch of people ran to a feeding trough after it got filled and farm music played over it. Maybe one was a little person?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The episode Garfield and Friends, Lewis feeds the janitors.

1:30 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSLQVlLT8Lg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's a bizarre talent you have but amazing nonetheless.

Anyone know that tune?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's an old cartoon version of Turkey in the Straw. Just don't ever look up the lyrics.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

How's this show been lately. I haven't watched it since like 2014. was reminded of it when a kid on the show Atlanta was shown watching the funniest scene ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoeBAHk8Qm4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fast Luck posted:

How's this show been lately. I haven't watched it since like 2014.

Excellent, and going from strength to strength. Most of the episodes from even this past season were good to great, so you have eight years of goodness waiting for you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fast Luck posted:

How's this show been lately. I haven't watched it since like 2014. was reminded of it when a kid on the show Atlanta was shown watching the funniest scene ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoeBAHk8Qm4

Go watch Rabbit Ears and The Eight Fires immediately.

Edit:

Oh, and also Death by Dinner Party

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Honestly just watch all of it from when you checked out, this series has continued to be great all this time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Honestly just watch all of it from when you checked out, this series has continued to be great all this time.

This is the best advice. Let the good stuff come naturally.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Fast Luck posted:

Wow, do you think he'll be okay?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's an old cartoon version of Turkey in the Straw. Just don't ever look up the lyrics.

I don't think anyone will be at all surprised or clutch any pearls over racism in a 200 year old song. Hell I'd almost be surprised if it wasn't.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 10, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Go watch Rabbit Ears and The Eight Fires immediately.

Edit:

Oh, and also Death by Dinner Party

While these episodes knock it out of the park, there are a lot of other good episodes in that time frame between them and now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FLY IN ON A JET SKIIIIII

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ChesterJT posted:

I don't think anyone will be at all surprised or clutch any pearls over racism in a 200 year old song. Hell I'd almost be surprised if it wasn't.

Well yeah, but I don't want to name a minstrel song and not leave some warning.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have determined that, barring a time slot change, American Dad! will be back on September 19.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well yeah, but I don't want to name a minstrel song and not leave some warning.

I already know the lyrics to a non-bad version tyvm. Something about a bread box and a hard boiled egg

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The song is actually Chicken Reel, not Turkey in the Straw. Turkey in the Straw is the song used by ice cream trucks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Edward Mass posted:

The song is actually Chicken Reel, not Turkey in the Straw. Turkey in the Straw is the song used by ice cream trucks.

I like the melody for that song. We get ice cream trucks around my house in the summer since there are a bunch of kids in the neighborhood and I always smile when I hear that song.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NO. Do the quiet version, my head is killing me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Uggggh

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1527735961207156737

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Peggy looked like she really did not want to be there and it's hilarious.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh boy the guy from solar opposites how can I resist

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

HELLO FELLOW DADDERS

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Today it is us who got dadded.

And it doesn't feel good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Rudoku posted:

Peggy looked like she really did not want to be there and it's hilarious.
Most of them do

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

Oh boy the guy from solar opposites how can I resist

That show owns and is much better than R&M

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Cursed af

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

That show owns and is much better than R&M

I guess I could give it another try, I just watched the first season back in 2020 so it definitely wasn't a standout performance for the year.

Like the only part I remember enjoying were the tiny people.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The Wall carries the weight of an entire bad show on its incredible shoulders.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Here's what I'm thinking, an American Dad Kart Racer where each racer has their own unique random disadvantage.

Stan (and Klaus) in SUV: Randomly get attacked by the Zagnut Boys (Klaus' mind is in the SUV)

Francine in stolen CIA mech: Might randomly explode or shoot missiles (She's still getting the hang of it)

Jeff+Hailey in a canoe: Randomly go in different directions (You really shouldn't share a canoe)

Steve+Snot+Barry+Toshi in Star Ship Enterprise: Have to make frequent random stops (Investigating new life and civilization takes priority over the race)

Roger personas in a van: Vehicle stats randomly change depending on which persona is driving (Ricky Spanish drives super fast, while Dr. Penguin prefers taking his time.)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Today the "the stuffing wipes itself on the way out" line hit differently and i just couldn't stop laughing at the implications and everything about it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

There's another joke like that where Roger realizes he's been drinking pine sol and that's why his shits clean the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TheFattestPat posted:

Here's what I'm thinking, an American Dad Kart Racer where each racer has their own unique random disadvantage.

Stan (and Klaus) in SUV: Randomly get attacked by the Zagnut Boys (Klaus' mind is in the SUV)

Francine in stolen CIA mech: Might randomly explode or shoot missiles (She's still getting the hang of it)

Jeff+Hailey in a canoe: Randomly go in different directions (You really shouldn't share a canoe)

Steve+Snot+Barry+Toshi in Star Ship Enterprise: Have to make frequent random stops (Investigating new life and civilization takes priority over the race)

Roger personas in a van: Vehicle stats randomly change depending on which persona is driving (Ricky Spanish drives super fast, while Dr. Penguin prefers taking his time.)

Young hip CIA Stan unlocked; activate mode

Brawnfire posted:

FLY IN ON A JET SKIIIIII