Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Darko posted:

To be an 80s kid, you have to see the ultimate 80s movie, Rocky 4, in theaters.

Not only did I see Rocky 4 in a theater, I eventually got the soundtrack on cassette tape. Which I listened to on a Sony Walkman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Darko posted:

To be an 80s kid, you have to see the ultimate 80s movie, Rocky 4, in theaters.

okay, i'll turn in my 80s Kid card so i can keep my Good Taste Card

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
and i'm going to have to say the "ultimate 80s movie" is one of:

- Breakfast Club
- War Games
- St. Elmo's Fire

and yes, this does mean that we can conclude that Ally Sheedy is the most 80s person of all time

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

St. Elmo's Fire is loving brutal to watch. Horrible movie

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Grave of the Fireflies is a jokeless slog with terrible chorography

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Upsidads posted:

Grave of the Fireflies is a jokeless slog with terrible chorography

Ok

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Imagine being so old you gatekeep terms like "80s kid"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was born in 91 and I thought regular show was dope as hell. It was cool to start watching it when I was the main characters ages. It captures the weird aimlessness of your 20’s p decently

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

precision posted:

- Breakfast Club
- War Games
- St. Elmo's Fire

and yes, this does mean that we can conclude that Ally Sheedy is the most 80s person of all time

As a 90s kid looking at the 80s, I have to say, that no, Rocky 4 is absolutely the ultimate 80s movie.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Grave of the Fireflies is an 80s movie

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dr Strange was born in 1930

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

St. Elmo's Fire is loving brutal to watch. Horrible movie

yeah it's pretty drat bad

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Jedit posted:

The scene where Strange fights his counterpart with them using the movie's musical score as a weapon is one of the most fun and imaginative sequences I've seen in any movie recently, let alone a Marvel joint.
It looked like a boss fight in a NES game. Literally shooting notes at each other like laser beams, great.

They should have given the Doctor Strange movies to the people who made Legion, the only actually artistic Marvel screen adaptation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Omon Ra posted:

It looked like a boss fight in a NES game. Literally shooting notes at each other like laser beams, great.

They should have given the Doctor Strange movies to the people who made Legion, the only actually artistic Marvel screen adaptation.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

precision posted:

- Breakfast Club
- War Games
- St. Elmo's Fire
This list doesn't have The Goonies on it, so I can only assume it's some kind of sick joke.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BiggestBatman posted:

body slam!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

yeah it's pretty drat bad

My then gf was so psyched to have me watch it and I liked Breakfast Club and poo poo, omg it's such a soap opera about terrible boring people that the big climax is Demi Moore hugging herself in a windy large apt lol. Seeing her getting more crestfallen as it went along was pretty funny tho.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

precision posted:

- Breakfast Club
- War Games
- St. Elmo's Fire

along with Short Circuit... :hmmyes:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BiggestBatman posted:

Am I now going to have.to.explain the difference between "defining" and "gatekeeping"? Hold on lemme grab my cane.

Seriously tho if a 25 year old was calling themselves a 90s Kid that would have been the same conversation.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Grave of the Fireflies is an 80s movie

That’s true, not sure how I feel about the uh…”chorography” though

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Well death is a dance, from the shackles of life

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Did anyone else think that when Strange got zapped in the cloak just as they were multiverse hopping the first time that it was going to turn out to be a tracking spell or some poo poo?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Guys like sarcasm?

Anyhoo what on earth could Raimi do for more strange? I'd aim him at immortal hulk or let him do whatever with ghost rider

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Upsidads posted:

Guys like sarcasm?

Anyhoo what on earth could Raimi do for more strange? I'd aim him at immortal hulk or let him do whatever with ghost rider

Dr Doom movie :getin:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

As a 90s kid looking at the 80s, I have to say, that no, Rocky 4 is absolutely the ultimate 80s movie.

It has patriotism, Russia being defeated by hard work, montages and a robot. To understand Rocky 4 is to understand the 80s.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Upsidads posted:

Guys like sarcasm?

Immortal Hulk would require inventing a time machine and snatching David Cronenberg from down the timeline I think; dude's almost 80 so I'm not sure he'd be up for it but I can't think of a director who could do real body horror like him. Others had snatches of it in movies (Carpenter, the original Matrix, Raimi, etc.), but he's the master.

Ghost Rider is an interesting choice and I think a good one for the same reason Raimi was also a good choice for Spider-man: his camera tricks and cinematographic style fit the milieu well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Raimi should direct Morbius 2 with Bruce Campbell replacing Morbius

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Admiralty Flag posted:

Immortal Hulk would require inventing a time machine and snatching David Cronenberg from down the timeline I think; dude's almost 80 so I'm not sure he'd be up for it but I can't think of a director who could do real body horror like him. Others had snatches of it in movies (Carpenter, the original Matrix, Raimi, etc.), but he's the master.

Ghost Rider is an interesting choice and I think a good one for the same reason Raimi was also a good choice for Spider-man: his camera tricks and cinematographic style fit the milieu well.

Ghost Rider should still be played by Nicholas Cage but as John Milton from Drive Angry.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Admiralty Flag posted:

Crimes of the Future is by Cronenberg and set to come out next month.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Admiralty Flag posted:

Frank Hennenlotter's Hulk

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I've always wanted Raimi to do Superior Spiderman since he loved using cheesy body swap gags in Xena.

But they blew it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Dr Doom movie :getin:

A dream i don't dare have...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

john tuttoro's ghost rider

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Dr. Doom is such an awesome character, you could do an entire Doom movie with him as the main character and not even involved the Fantastic Four and it could still be fuckin' awesome just from all the wild/various depictions of how he runs Latveria.

But like Upsidads suggests don't even dare dream I can already visualize an MCU FF quipping their way up the steps to Doom's castle "So this is Castle Doom? I'm only feeling little Doomy, maybe it's Cottage Doom?"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Dr. Doom is such an awesome character, you could do an entire Doom movie with him as the main character and not even involved the Fantastic Four and it could still be fuckin' awesome just from all the wild/various depictions of how he runs Latveria.

But like Upsidads suggests don't even dare dream I can already visualize an MCU FF quipping their way up the steps to Doom's castle "So this is Castle Doom? I'm only feeling little Doomy, maybe it's Cottage Doom?"

It should replace Quebec

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

I absolutely would not want the fantastic four in the Dr Doom movie. Maybe the stinger before the opening credits he could kill them or something, but that's it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rutibex posted:

I absolutely would not want the fantastic four in the Dr Doom movie. Maybe the stinger before the opening credits he could kill them or something, but that's it.

They do battle before the opening credits and in the post credits scene Doom babysits their kids.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
cast Idris Elba as Dr. Doom you cowards

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Idris Elba was already a pretty major MCU character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

precision posted:

cast Idris Elba as Dr. Doom you cowards

Cast Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom but as Dr. Michael Doom, a popular Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who is a distant cousin to Victor von Doom.