Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been putting my Muppers together and I knew beforehand that Animal had a lot of pieces. I'm wondering, is he the most pieces for a CMF ever? I think there are 11 plus the 3 for the figure itself. And 3 extra pieces. I know there are some figs that are like 8 or 9 pieces just for the fig while with him it's mainly his drum kit.

Also, I know that 13 is a weird number, but passing on Dr. Teeth and taking Janice instead seems very much like a "we need more girl figs" sort of move. I'd like him, Floyd and the sax guy. Oh and Sam. That would make an even 16 figs which seems like a good number.

Just realized Scooter is missing, too. And he's definitely a more major character than Janice. So yeah, 100% "we need more girl figs" sorta move.

Guess we need a muppets series 2.

Dr. Teeth
Floyd
Scooter
Sam
Zoot is the sax guy.
Beauregard

That's 6. Feel like at this point it is starting to scrape bottom.

Could do pigs in space and have a dupe piggy and that would be 3 more.

Sweetums is pretty big. Doesn't work for CMF unfortunately. Rizzo and Robin could work. Rizzo was around a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego board room: "sales to adults are down 5%! They complain nonstop about UCS quality!"

CEO spins around in chair, tapping their fingers together fingers and makes a single command: "unleash the 80's".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Tallneck is a great set, I really hope the fact that it keeps getting sold out means they'll do more Horizon in the future.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Built the Succulents set, and while the build itself is kind of meh (the boxes are very repetitive), the end result is pretty cute, and I like the modularity of the pots, so it's easy to put them in any arrangement.

Next project is going to be Lamborghini Countach MOC from the Porsche 911, and after that, I'm going to try to replicate this Ideas set:

Bite my shiny plastic rear end!

As far as I know, the guy never released instructions and it died before getting 10k supporters, so I might have to attempt to replicate it in stud.io and go from there. If anyone does know of instructions that would save me a lot of effort; from what I read he never got an opening chest door, though, so I might attempt to make that as well.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Finished the Creator 911 Turbo, fun build. To take things to another level, I built most of it together with my partner, taking turns reading from the instructions while the other one put the pieces together. It's really hard to describe without showing what different parts look like, let alone how they are supposed to be put together!

Like a lot of Creator stuff, it's really cool to see how different "modules" come together in intricate ways for the finished build. It was also bigger than I expected.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mentholmoose posted:

Built the Succulents set, and while the build itself is kind of meh (the boxes are very repetitive), the end result is pretty cute, and I like the modularity of the pots, so it's easy to put them in any arrangement.

Next project is going to be Lamborghini Countach MOC from the Porsche 911, and after that, I'm going to try to replicate this Ideas set:

Bite my shiny plastic rear end!

As far as I know, the guy never released instructions and it died before getting 10k supporters, so I might have to attempt to replicate it in stud.io and go from there. If anyone does know of instructions that would save me a lot of effort; from what I read he never got an opening chest door, though, so I might attempt to make that as well.

Oh that's awesome, I like that! Lemme know if you figure out some instructions, I'd definitely buy a copy and bricklink a build! Doesn't look like it would be too crazy to figure out

I can't easily find the exact part, but the trash can lid (like this but sloped) has a chrome piece that might be good for the posterior, though I suspect it's unobtanium

E: looking at the scale again way too small, even for the tip... might be a good use for chrome sticker sheets, custom cut?

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 22, 2022

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

wife being preternaturally lucky picked up kermit and animal. I notice animal's drum sticks are unchewed which, I believe, is uncharacteristic of animal and of drummers in general

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Voice of Labor posted:

wife being preternaturally lucky picked up kermit and animal. I notice animal's drum sticks are unchewed which, I believe, is uncharacteristic of animal and of drummers in general

You have teeth

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I finished the trench run diorama she I thought it was cool to name those tiny greebles for into make believe tubes and exterior stuff.
A lot of small satisfying snaps

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

xzzy posted:

Lego board room: "sales to adults are down 5%! They complain nonstop about UCS quality!"

CEO spins around in chair, tapping their fingers together fingers and makes a single command: "unleash the 80's".

But sir!

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Upcoming GWP that was leaked before:

That's cool, but 160? ehhhhh.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

That's cool, but 160? ehhhhh.

A lot cheaper than what the sealed copies of the original currently go for on BrickLink ($500+). I assume those pricess will not drop with the release of this one since the set number is different.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ivantod posted:

A lot cheaper than what the sealed copies of the original currently go for on BrickLink ($500+). I assume those pricess will not drop with the release of this one since the set number is different.

It's conceptually the same as the old set but there are lots of differences and you'd easily distinguish between them if you put them side-by-side.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Promocode MD22 or FD22 (depends on the region) gets you an extra polybag on Lego.com.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Some of my favourite build experiences in the past few years have been stuff like the Ninjago City Gardens, with lots of small spaces full of variety, fun details and creative parts use. Having a classic Castle vibe from my childhood with modern design sensibilities, nothing short of me reaching some form of financial ruin before it comes out will stop me from getting it.

Also, thinking of doing some sort of LED lighting for the Starry Night set. Should be easy enough to integrate in the frame, with everything I've seen from the set so far.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have a good estimate on the dimensions of that Starry Night set

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Why estimate when you can just get the official measurements off the site?

(28x38x12cm or 12x15x5")

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

What's this cm/" poo poo? HOW MANY STUDS?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Anyone know the part number of this thing:

I for the life of me cannot make out the number on the bottom and have absolutely no idea on nomenclature for this...uh....thing.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
92692, listed as Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angled Bar Handles on Side on Bricklink

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In my universe it's the "mech hand piece."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Cthulhu brick

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

92692, listed as Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angled Bar Handles on Side on Bricklink

THANK YOU!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Got an email at 1.30am that the Horizon set was back in stock (in the Netherlands) and got out of bed to order it, and I saw this morning that my order was confirmed!

It's now 7.50am and already out of stock again.

I really hope its success means they'll do more Horizon sets.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
It looks like the LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 set is popping up in a few Youtuber's feeds. The boxing of the set is drat slick, rather impressive and upscale for Lego.

It looks pretty spot on to me and the paddle shifter gearbox seems exceptionally neat. Solid win for all of you Technic heads.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 24, 2022

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Taeke posted:

I really hope its success means they'll do more Horizon sets.

Thunderjaw when?

It's the perfect accoutrement to T-Rex Breakout

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Lmao just got an email saying my order has been delayed. I ordered it literally within minutes it became available.

At least it's not cancelled, right? They'll just ship it when the next batch is available?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Yeah I got my tallneck the first day of release, immediately got the delay email, got it in the mail about a month later.

You'll get it, it'll just be a bit

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

BaconCopter posted:

It looks like the LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 set is popping up in a few Youtuber's feeds. The boxing of the set is drat slick, rather impressive and upscale for Lego.

It looks pretty spot on to me and the paddle shifter gearbox seems exceptionally neat. Solid win for all of you Technic heads.

OMG that looks so much better than the other Technic Ferrari

edit: Holy gently caress, that price tag

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 24, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BaconCopter posted:

That’s a buy for me

E: lol same release day as Optimus :homebrew:

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 24, 2022

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Ferrari has....a printed UCS plate!!!

:pray: please Lego make this the new standard (without jacking up the price by 20 EUR)

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Me seeing the Ferrari pic in the thread then going to look at the page on the Lego site

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
It has no stickers at all, wow. Yeah the placard with the stats on it, all the logos, fuel cap, dashboard, even seat headrests - all prints. Tons of 'em.

If I were a Star Wars fan paying twice as much money (and a slightly higher price-per-piece) for the UCS Millennium Falcon, which still has stickers, I might be a bit sore!

edit: There are SO MANY prints. Ferrari logos on the hood, tail, doors (2), and wheels (4). "Ferrari" text on the headrests (2), tail, engine cover (2), and brake calipers (4). Printed dashboard, hood panel details (2), fuel door, and UCS card. Unique printed, serialized tile under the hood. And I'm probably missing some.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 24, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wonder if the agreement with Ferrari required no stickers. It's better if lego is turning a new leaf but I won't get my hopes up until I see more no sticker sets.

Or maybe they have lots of extra bins right now.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Those cars always go on sale on zavvi

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

xzzy posted:

I wonder if the agreement with Ferrari required no stickers. It's better if lego is turning a new leaf but I won't get my hopes up until I see more no sticker sets.

IIRC, all Minecraft sets are also no-stickers as one of the responsible people for the project at Mojang/Microsoft is a Lego nerd and said „only if there are no stickers“.

Sadly, I fear Disney could care less. It would be a cool thing if Lego goes this way though for the really expensive sets. If Cobi can do it since years for all of their sets (but the cheapest aimed at children), Lego can too, imo, without going bankrupt.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
For any Transformers fans, someone in the Lego trains subreddit made a (non-transforming) Astrotrain.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LEGOtrains/comments/uwl3yc/felt_inspired_by_the_new_optimus_prime_coming_out/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The new Speed Champions Ferrari has a ton of printed 1x1 plates. I think every one in the set is printed with the logo even though only like 2 are actually visible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe Lego was able to convince them to do prints. I think the reason for stickers on the F40 was because Ferrari wasn't happy with the low detail of prints for the logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The new Speed Champions Ferrari has a ton of printed 1x1 plates. I think every one in the set is printed with the logo even though only like 2 are actually visible.

That 1x1 stud with the small Ferrari logo on the side has been used in two other Speed Champions Ferrari sets, 75890 (2019) and 76895 (2020). Interestingly, both the earlier sets have both the standard 1x1 red plate and the printed version. I guess this is some sort of optimisation in the packaging process. I'm just grateful we don't have to sticker those bits.