Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So what I'm hearing is it's feasible to score enough pretend points to make a big dent in gamepass.

If I am looking at a series s this summer, is it possible to start accumulating some of those points now, or do I need a system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
You can do it now. Just use bing/Microsoft rewards.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Having a system does help you get more points, mind. Look into the conversion trick too, though. Might be wiser to spend money on that and use the points on other stuff .

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! I've been out of the ecosystem since my 360, so all of this is new territory.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
No problem, friend. I had the same experience. Welcome back and enjoy your stay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Reminder of impending server closure

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (this is the smaller-scale prequel to MGS5: The Phantom Pain) is having all of its console servers go offline at the end of this month, so in about 9 days. For the most part this is only for leaderboards, however there's a save upload component that might go offline at the same time with it, the announcement wasn't clear on this. Basically if you rescue certain people in GZ and get some other unlockables, you can upload your save from the menu in GZ and then download it from the menu in The Phantom Pain once you complete that game's prologue. Then you get certain unlockables including some exclusive powerful staff members for your base who trickle in as you complete missions, as well as some exclusive cosmetic gear you can develop. The save upload works going from 360 to XB1 version, I suspect it also works the other way but I don't know for sure.

Also, the Xbox 360 and PS3 servers for The Phantom Pain will go offline. If you're a cheevo chaser who wants to ensure it remains possible to get 100% of achievements, there are three online-only ones, and two of them are pretty grindy so you'd better haul rear end if you're starting from scratch or without having completed the game. The 360 version isn't backwards compatible so you'll need an actual 360 and a copy of the game too. Note the XB1 and PS4 servers are remaining offline at this time, so no worries if that's where you'll be playing.

One achievement requires you to complete mission 21 first, as this unlocks the online FOB invasion component. You just have to start a FOB invasion, don't have to complete it.

The other two relate to nukes, which you can't develop until you've beaten mission 31, and even then it requires a very large amount of resources which are difficult to obtain because the quantities you need you have to get in unprocessed form and then wait for the game to process them like it's a mobile game with weird timers that likely require your attention (i.e. you can't just let the game run and put the controller down). Nukes are an online-only thing, and there's a trophy for developing one, and then another trophy for destroying it (you will want to do this quick because once you build a nuke online people will try and steal it).

univbee fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 22, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Any beginner tips for Vampire Survivors? Which upgrades to go for first? I’m focusing on the damage one right now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thanks for the reminder. I've put probably 700 hours into GZ/V over 3 different platforms but I'm not sure if I've 100% GZ on Xbox yet.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You CAN still 100% Ground Zeroes without the servers, I think the only meaningful loss is possibly being able to transfer Hideo and others as base people for TPP, along with the cosmetic unlocks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Any beginner tips for Vampire Survivors? Which upgrades to go for first? I’m focusing on the damage one right now

My first priorities were
Damage, item attraction radius, move speed, duplicator

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MSCasualGames/status/1528345183305224193?t=yqfzWR5Bx7wVwEyo6hovGQ&s=19

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Just opened it on PC and it says 11 hours left

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Why isn’t solitaire on Xbox

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Time to level up gamer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
where can i get a Solitaire Championship Belt like that

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was going to link Pretty Girls Klondike Solitaire but apparently only the Mahjong one is on Xbox

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

My first priorities were
Damage, item attraction radius, move speed, duplicator

These are all good choices - move speed was a big one for me early on. The nice thing about the game is that you can refund all of the upgrades at any time (outside of doing an actual run) and try out new combinations if you don't like how what you've bought feels.

There's a thread for the game with a pretty good OP that summarizes a lot of stuff.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

slave to my cravings posted:

Why isn’t solitaire on Xbox

What you guys don't have phones?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Man the intro cinematic for GZ is so sick. Looks better than 90% of games that come out today and it was made like a decade ago AND it doesn't even have a proper One X patch. Kojima stunting on em.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
is Garden Warfare 3 really dead? I played it awhile back and it seemed...okay. I feel like something got lost between entries. Definitely down to play again if there are people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Man the intro cinematic for GZ is so sick. Looks better than 90% of games that come out today and it was made like a decade ago AND it doesn't even have a proper One X patch. Kojima stunting on em.

The PS3 version looks better than a lot of PS4 games. Ridiculously well optimised game.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

People were talking about Worms on the last page and I was wondering if anyone here has Worms WMD on Xbox and if so is it good or trash?

It looks really fun with the new vehicles they added and the buildings you can enter etc. kinda like a best version of 2D Worms but the reviews on the store page have a lot of complaints about the game being broken in various ways and I dunno how playable it is or if it even is playable?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

is Garden Warfare 3 really dead? I played it awhile back and it seemed...okay. I feel like something got lost between entries. Definitely down to play again if there are people.

It didn't launch too strongly and ea stopped updating it as soon as they could

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Also if anyone cares about sick achievement points, there’s a 10,000-point event coming up in a few days that will grant you an achievement. They only come along a few times per year so if you care about that poo poo then make sure you don’t miss it!!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins is now listed as coming to GamePass on June 7th if anyone’s looking for a semi-decent clone of Witcher 3 set in ancient Egypt

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

webmeister posted:

Assassin’s Creed: Origins is now listed as coming to GamePass on June 7th if anyone’s looking for a semi-decent clone of Witcher 3 set in ancient Egypt

That's probably the worst sell I've ever heard for an Ubisoft game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like this other game which is only saved by the voice acting and writing and has pretty forgettable and lovely everything else, but without those good parts

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
AC origins is great. Not comparing it to Witcher 3, as I’ve never played it, but Origins may be the best AC. (Odyssey also really good)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They put XP mechanics in Solitaire? :shepicide:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm very much looking forward to AC:O. If it's half as good as Odyssey and not as bad as Valhalla I will surely enjoy myself.

Detective No. 27 posted:

They put XP mechanics in Solitaire? :shepicide:

Hell yeah, it also has achievements now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

AC origins is cool because you climb pyramids and raid tombs. It need a series x patch

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

AC origins is cool because you climb pyramids and raid tombs. It need a series x patch

Its getting a 60 fps update this week I believe.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

John F Bennett posted:

I'm very much looking forward to AC:O. If it's half as good as Odyssey and not as bad as Valhalla I will surely enjoy myself.

Origins is good. I haven't played the other two yet so maybe the mechanics feel rough as it's the transition game from stealth game to RPG, but whatever.

The world is cool. It's pretty. The writing is good. Bayek is one of the best leads in games ever and has just an excellent performance behind him that stands out to me.

It came out around the same time as HZD and Zelda and it does a lot of things better than both of those games. It feels like it mostly got glossed over because it's an Ubi game and because the core game moving to an RPG was a little jarring to AC fans.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

SUNKOS posted:

People were talking about Worms on the last page and I was wondering if anyone here has Worms WMD on Xbox and if so is it good or trash?

It looks really fun with the new vehicles they added and the buildings you can enter etc. kinda like a best version of 2D Worms but the reviews on the store page have a lot of complaints about the game being broken in various ways and I dunno how playable it is or if it even is playable?

It’s Gamepass, still, isn’t it? I’ve had fun nights with friends on it. I’m no Worms Pro, though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Live At Five! posted:

Its getting a 60 fps update this week I believe.

I'm close to the end so I'll probably finally finish it then. It was about the only One X enhanced game I put any amount of time into on that system.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It also has that discovery mode where you can walk around Egypt and learn poo poo like how they embalmed mummies

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bayek owns, he's a good guy in a way video game protagonists rarely are

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Origins was also the last of the modern ACs to feature something resembling the old-school assassination missions, which I really enjoyed at release. It also has (IMO) easily the best narrative and setting of the RPG-trilogy ACs (albeit the least developed RPG mechanics).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I didn’t like Origins at the time because it changed up the AC mechanics so much, I was too used to being able to one hit assassinate people and being outlevelled by some goober threw me for a loop. It’s pretty impressive as a game otherwise though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Space Racist posted:

Origins was also the last of the modern ACs to feature something resembling the old-school assassination missions, which I really enjoyed at release. It also has (IMO) easily the best narrative and setting of the RPG-trilogy ACs (albeit the least developed RPG mechanics).

Valhalla actually added those back in the France DLC. Each assassination mission just gives you a large area with a target or two and says good luck. From there you can do little sub missions to gather information on who your targets are, their habits, and unlock opportunities to get the job done by helping out the people in the area.