Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

in the brave new world your associates degree ape nft becomes a doctorate with only three slurp juices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Costco: Oh no. Please. Do not take all of our dogs. And please don't buy memberships and enjoy our great savings. Please. Stop

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Guys! Let's all sign up for Costco memberships and then buy a whole bunch of bulk items and then buy out all the hot dogs and resell them for a profit!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So will one be able to send soulbound tokens to any given wallet like NFT scammers do currently?

So I could send a Soulbound goatse to someone's soul wallet and it's just gonna sit there for eternity?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Why can’t I make new wallets and sell the private key? Don’t mmo players sell accounts?

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

nachos posted:

Why can’t I make new wallets and sell the private key? Don’t mmo players sell accounts?

this is exactly what’s going to happen, it’s literally trying create real world uses for the way WOW works

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Guys! Let's all sign up for Costco memberships and then buy a whole bunch of bulk items and then buy out all the hot dogs and resell them for a profit!

I'm looking lemonade prices compared to lemons and this is insane! How has no one thought of this before! Subscribe to my substack

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

nachos posted:

this is a point dan brings up in that twitter thread.

it should be possible to associate a token more directly with an identity to nullify wallet selling, but at that point there's no real benefit to the "soulbound" aspect anymore. the whole idea fails to be a solution to a problem with NFTs, which themselves are trying to solve a real-life problem that doesn't exist (an example use case is using it for university degrees... which already function just fine irl)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ekuNNN posted:

Those soulbound NFT's won't even be popular with crypto-morons because the only reason they care about NFT's is getting rich off of flipping them :psyduck:

the work around is you have to die to release soulbound stuff, and sell it from the afterworld.

NFT morons will try this.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

LifeSunDeath posted:

the work around is you have to die to release soulbound stuff, and sell it from the afterworld.

NFT morons will try this.

You ignorant bitch. Dumb gently caress idiot. I will simply die under anesthesia for no more than three minutes while the transfer is completed and have the doctors resuscitate me. They will also be paid in crypto

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

soulbound tokens are the digital equivalent of appropriated tribal tattoos

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:yum: second hand hotdogs that sounds great. I'm also sure they will file for a food handling permit as well.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Automatic Slim posted:

We’re never getting off this planet, are we? We will never explore the stars or have a society that will allow fulfilling, rewarding lives on a planet that is recovering from the ecological brink.

We’re going to be stuck here, boiling ourselves to death while crypto bros ramp up the mining.

For some reason, this comment just jettisoned the last illusion of optimism.

We live and will die here. Elon could have taken us to Mars but for the loads of women hodling him back!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lol I love how these galaxy bean John Galts dont get that Costco makes money from other areas that they can afford to sell their food court at a loss. Like if we chucked these people into the past they would conclude that Amazon during its early years is bad because bad tradition stock logic.

Also these chessmasters would get into fools mate or losses because they dont get that sometimes one step back(position, material, whatever) leads to a checkmate later.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

12 million new memberships required before you can buy the dog. Hmmm

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

nachos posted:

Just PM one of the completely disinterested volunteer CM (Currency Masters) if there's a dispute.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Goodpancakes posted:

So let's assume that each member will go in at the lowest level, which is $60/yr. This is equal to $720 million

So going by what someone said earlier, on average Costco sells 121 million dogs a year. Which is equal to $181 million

In this scenario, the multiverse brains at WSB will bankrupt Costco by giving them a $539 million dollar profit

No wonder they're HODLing GameStop and AMC

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
but what if we make... soulbound costco hot dogs??

haahhaahahaa the statists never saw this one coming!!!!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You guys know about "Cool Dogs"? They're tubes of ice cream in a bun of yellow cake (not enriched uranium) drizzled with chocolate sauce. They're badass af

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

yellow cake (not enriched uranium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7EON43yjc

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Goodpancakes posted:

Don’t most Costcos allow you to buy from the food court without a membership?

Ignoring that, who would buy a hotdog from a random person in front of a Costco (or on the street)?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

duffmensch posted:

Ignoring that, who would buy a hotdog from a random person in front of a Costco (or on the street)?

I think they stopped that policy due to covid, so now you have to have a Costco membership to go to the food court. I know that's the case at my local Costco, but I'm bougie enough I've had a membership for years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The equivalent of the bank having to do a full database recovery every time someone loses their debit card. Genius.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt a costco hotdog also a foot long?

like that means Mr Costco has bulk/ economies of scale magics helping him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CommieGIR posted:

The equivalent of the bank having to do a full database recovery every time someone loses their debit card. Genius.

It's democracy you commie

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

duffmensch posted:

The idea isn’t to resell the dogs but to indirectly cause Costcos stock to tank.

Which might be dumber

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

looks like a joke post 2 me

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

in the brave new world your associates degree ape nft becomes a doctorate with only three slurp juices

You madman, you fool! ONE slurp per ape, lest you wish to revisit the Great Collapse.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Could God make an ape so bored even he couldn’t slurp its juice?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MiaRSato/status/1528501604898447361

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

All I know is that the abomination sold in Costco's freezer is nothing at all like the food court chicken cholesterol bake.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i regret to inform you cryptoboy... girl, is doing the nft circuit
https://twitter.com/nftnow/status/1527328596419039233
https://twitter.com/salemilese/status/1527761226016534529

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao grifting off of grifts

griftception

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

This is just findom with extra steps.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

step on deez nuts

please

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

LMAO, this is so loving true. Coiners are so desperate to get hosed, they'll pay a digital monkey to do it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

PhazonLink posted:

lol I love how these galaxy bean John Galts dont get that Costco makes money from other areas that they can afford to sell their food court at a loss. Like if we chucked these people into the past they would conclude that Amazon during its early years is bad because bad tradition stock logic.

Also these chessmasters would get into fools mate or losses because they dont get that sometimes one step back(position, material, whatever) leads to a checkmate later.

In their idiotic quest to speedrun all of financial history they've now discovered the loss leader.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure that post has to be a joke or an idle musing or something just by being based on the core belief you could go into your local costco and say "yes one thousand hot dogs please" and they'd sell them to you

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure that post has to be a joke or an idle musing or something just by being based on the core belief you could go into your local costco and say "yes one thousand hot dogs please" and they'd sell them to you

1000 hotdogs at a Costco is just the family pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

NPC vendors have unlimited stock. You just press leftarrow to select 999 dogs then hit enter to purchase, then talk to them again.