Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'd be a-ok with anybody, no matter how lovely, whether it be Matty D or Gamer Word or Mike Wallace or Zombie Zaxby, running the #24 Liberty University Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 into the wall at any point, anywhere.

I think we keep wandering from that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

bigbillystyle posted:

I thought it was pretty weak by sliced bread to just straight punt the 24 for the win. Maybe I've not noticed it over the last few years or something but across all 3 top series this year there seems to be no thought or care that it is a long season and that at some point somebody is going to have the opportunity to do the same poo poo to you. If that comes at a cutoff race in the chase and the 24 has the chance to run the 22 clean then I guess it's fair game for the 24 just to completely wreck the 22 and let him call it a season instead. Maybe it's just a different attitude now than it was a few years ago as younger and younger drivers get into the sport and it's just accepted you're going to get wrecked for a win at somepoint? I don't know what it is but it rubs me the wrong way to not even see Logano try to run him clean.

it's this for me. it's not a "post-pandemic" thing but it feels like my post-pandemic society experiences, and it gets me down as poo poo. it's also that Joey is almost 32 years old and has grown out of complaining so much, but he's never going to grow up from this kind of garbage, and after Brad and Harvick retire (surely coming soon), he's really up there as a "veteran" and it's kind of a Lord of the Flies question of what the hell is maturity on the track if everyone is so short-sighted now. it speaks to how much that first win is a monkey off a driver's back to be in that playoff picture, sure, but it's also a question of what the hell is gentlemanly about this sport anymore, you're on the road with the same people five-sixths of the year, think ahead a little bit for gently caress sake

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ungratek posted:

Plus gently caress Logano in general.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

We're really mad about someone dumping someone for a win at Darlington?

Give me chaos. Put all the cars in the wall.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
When a guy checks up that hard driving through them versus braking or dive bombing low is always an acceptable approach in stock cars. Did I miss some era of gentleman drivers or something that you guys are using for reference?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.
I don't know where you're getting this Byron checked up super hard thing from. It looks more to me like he entered normally and Joey went in for his back bumper. Anyway I'm not saying you're wrong in that it's always been done, and honestly I don't really care that the 24 got punted, but for entertainment factor, for me, I'd rather see the 2 guys go head to head and try to win it with good hard racing than just watching somebody get knocked out of the way. Just my opinion on it whether it's Dale, Rusty, Logano, Ty Gibbs, Kyle, Kurt, whoever. If the 24 does it to the 22 later on this year I'm not going to feel bad for the 22 but I'll still be a little annoyed that, as a viewer, I'm getting a potentially great finish wiped out because it's just easier to wreck somebody.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

This weeks DBC makes a good point about racing today. Drivers have to race this way. Stages and stage points, wins mean everything. Not excusing Logano, he wrecked Bowman, but they all race this way now. Tommy Baldwin is on this week and he says it better than I am.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

My favorite driver is Wilalex Byrowman

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
I loving hate the Liberty Universally car.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1525490910808743936?s=20&t=_oTzEFbunawmFMTRlJH53A

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I might catch highlights of the race but I’m definitely keeping an eye out for this die cast. Need a “black cement’-styled car on my shelf.

https://twitter.com/23XIRacing/status/1524736526537703424

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i wonder how aware MJ is about what's been going on at 23XI lately

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This race has been a drat mess in a good way

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Every time Bubba runs well, his crew manages to gently caress it up. It's so goddamn frustrating.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm glad the cool looking car won

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

excellent race

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

excellent race

Not an empty quote

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Trackhouse and 23XI have combined for three wins this season.

The new car is working.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trackhouse and 23XI have combined for three wins this season.

The new car is working.

Ganassi combined for three wins. He left a year too soon.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Gotta love the combination of chronic left rear tire failures and a car that can't get rolling with a flat tire, so when your tire goes down you either save the car but lose a couple laps limping it back under green, or you spin without hitting anything and cause a caution but go several laps down because you have to be towed back to the garage. :shrug:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also Jamie Mac...low key great number 3 in that team???

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

dennyk posted:

Gotta love the combination of chronic left rear tire failures and a car that can't get rolling with a flat tire, so when your tire goes down you either save the car but lose a couple laps limping it back under green, or you spin without hitting anything and cause a caution but go several laps down because you have to be towed back to the garage. :shrug:

After the tire went down the 99 was asking for a push from the safety truck but they figured it's better to tow and put them more laps down :)

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Probably the best Kansas race that's ever happened, not that that is a high bar. The tire stuff was frustrating, from the blowouts to guys being knocked out of the race because the cars can't drive on a loving flat if they come to a stop. I felt for the #43 team but I was very entertained watching them trying to get the wheel nut off of the right rear. So between wheels not tightening/falling off to getting stuck on, why can every other race series run a single lug and not have these problems? I've not watched F1 for long, probably like 10 or 12 years, but I feel like Cup has had as many wheel/nut/gun failures in 13 races as I've seen in a decade of F1.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only other good one I can remember is 04 when Nemecheck pipped Craven by a tiny amount.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

bigbillystyle posted:

So between wheels not tightening/falling off to getting stuck on, why can every other race series run a single lug and not have these problems? I've not watched F1 for long, probably like 10 or 12 years, but I feel like Cup has had as many wheel/nut/gun failures in 13 races as I've seen in a decade of F1.

To be fair, NASCAR has twice the cars per race and the teams have a fraction of an F1 team's budget (a very small fraction in many cases), and they've only been using these single-nut wheels for those 13 races. It'll take 'em a while to work out all the engineering and training kinks. Besides, even the best F1 teams have their own ridiculous pit stop issues from time to time...

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

dennyk posted:

To be fair, NASCAR has twice the cars per race and the teams have a fraction of an F1 team's budget (a very small fraction in many cases), and they've only been using these single-nut wheels for those 13 races. It'll take 'em a while to work out all the engineering and training kinks. Besides, even the best F1 teams have their own ridiculous pit stop issues from time to time...

Fully understandable on the sample size/per race 40 vs 20 and I realize F1, Indy, etc. aren't perfect but my point being that this "technology" has existed for a while. Shouldn't this have really been as simple as we're doing 1 lug now, 8 second pitstops all around? Instead we have only 13 races experience and we're still trying to get a handle on it. I feel like this should have been a copy paste from other series and like the simplest of all the changes to this new car.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I mean they even sucked at implementation. Most series use splines. For some reason nascar chose fingers that break and are hard to index the wheel onto.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chevy, Toyota, and Ford have all run sports car factory programs that made use of center-lock wheels. It shouldn’t be hard to call up the next team over, but I do know it isn’t always a slam dunk either.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It’s nascar, they have to use the sponsors stuff not the best stuff.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's amazing how good the race was in spite of the constant fiascoes on pit road. thank god kyle busch didn't win after all that

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Happy national nascar day.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tater_salad posted:

Happy national nascar day.

i am pretty sure today is not january 4th 1988

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
My daughter is almost three and has one of those electric cars she can drive around. It's got a remote control for parents so thats usually what we do. Last night she actually drove it!! Right into a tree lol.

BUT today we're watching qualifying and she says she wants to keep driving her car so she can drive one of the race cars someday. HELL YEA I'm so pumped!!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

camoseven posted:

My daughter is almost three and has one of those electric cars she can drive around. It's got a remote control for parents so thats usually what we do. Last night she actually drove it!! Right into a tree lol.

BUT today we're watching qualifying and she says she wants to keep driving her car so she can drive one of the race cars someday. HELL YEA I'm so pumped!!

Time to burn that college fund on a bandolero.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
And a left rear tire fucks up a race again.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

stealie72 posted:

And a left rear tire fucks up a race again.

Would have been fine if he pitted between stages but he opted not to.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
And hes saying he lost the right front first, so I'm wrong.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Wanna see Suarez win soo hard

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is nonsense even by NASCAR standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Throwing a caution on the last for a car nowhere near anyone else. This is some corrupt rear end poo poo.