Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The weird power saga of my house continues. Apparently we're going to get electricity from an external generator parked outside the house for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did you manage to get your thirty quid at least?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Did you manage to get your thirty quid at least?

It's been out since 9am and the generator won't be on until later this evening so I should get a bit more now. Plus I'm guessing I don't have to pay for whatever is fuelling this generator.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Claim as many times as you can IMO

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Necrothatcher posted:

It's been out since 9am and the generator won't be on until later this evening so I should get a bit more now. Plus I'm guessing I don't have to pay for whatever is fuelling this generator.

Siphon the fuel out and sell it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sassassin posted:

This is the future of the country if we let labour win

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

]

He's been trying to scrub a lot of his online presence, but I found his linkedin page, and he started a YTS scheme in August 1988, which implies he's 50+.

I'm not the only one thinking it I'm sure, but a guy who says 16 year old girls smell irresistible is not someone I would want to be running a training scheme for 16 year olds with no education above basic secondary.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

sassassin posted:

you don't have to siphon off the fuel if you nick the whole generator

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

I'm not the only one thinking it I'm sure, but a guy who says 16 year old girls smell irresistible is not someone I would want to be running a training scheme for 16 year olds with no education above basic secondary.

I assumed he meant he himself started doing a YTS scheme (as in he was the one working for £23 pw full time or whatever it was), not running it?

(Not to excuse him in the slightest! Just how I interpreted the comment!)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
love it when the egates never fuckin work

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1528442365807149059

Work will set you free, comrades. :toot:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Necrothatcher posted:

The weird power saga of my house continues. Apparently we're going to get electricity from an external generator parked outside the house for the foreseeable future.
Is it just your house specifically that’s cursed or does every house on your street get a generator?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

fuctifino posted:

So the hotel hashtag is manufactured Tory distraction to benefit the nipple MP?.... To be honest, I'd expect no different from those fuckers.

Nah the Sturgeon rumour goes back months and months. It might be resurfacing now to distract but that's not why it was started.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

What would that lazy f*k know about work?
The hatred and loathing I feel for this creature (sorry for offending any creatures reading by comparing them to this foul pestilence) knows no bounds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the point is to try and blame it on "lazy scroungers" as governments do everything.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm starting to think that the Tories don't have the faintest idea what people actually want. There's this - from Boris - alongside Grant Chaps telling the Telegraph "uh yeah, but if train staff go on strike then everyone will decide to work from home for ever and ever", and my main thought is 'Yeah, but you haven't actually explained why that's bad.'

I get that they can't come straight out and say why it's bad - because admitting that they're getting it in the neck from business never sounds good - but they're so bad at politics that they can't even come up with some other lame excuse.
It's like Zahawi's Sky News interview from Sunday - they desperately try to reframe every awkward question to something they can use a soundbite to answer, but it never answers the actual question. So they just end up sounding like failed Turing Test candidates whenever they're interviewed by someone with the slightest interest in getting a straight answer.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Most of us are already working, you going to force people to pay us more.
Oh wait, you already set my pay to 1.8% this year.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Boris "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" Johnson, back with another banger.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

TACD posted:

Is it just your house specifically that’s cursed or does every house on your street get a generator?

Apparently it's just us. We live above a barber which shut down during COVID and the owners are now living in Greece. UK Power need to tunnel under the barbershop so I guess we have to wait for them to return. Probably should research generators in the meantime.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Video for “Prince Andrew is a Sweaty Nonce” has dropped, and it’s a corker…

https://twitter.com/KuntsChristmas/status/1527371017399611401

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

Apparently it's just us. We live above a barber which shut down during COVID and the owners are now living in Greece. UK Power need to tunnel under the barbershop so I guess we have to wait for them to return. Probably should research generators in the meantime.

Is the school asbestos located in the secret tunnels under the barber shop then?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Is the school asbestos located in the secret tunnels under the barber shop then?

The school asbestos seems to have been a red herring. Now they say the culprit might have been "a heavy lorry in the wrong spot" whatever the gently caress that means.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It sounds like you are an NPC embroiled in some complex heist plot

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

It does all sound a bit sus

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The Majority of Tory voters are retirees and near-retirees in comfortable jobs, remember. Their rhetoric doesn't actually have to match reality, it has to match the perceived reality of their base. Which helps when they share the same delusions as their base.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

The school asbestos seems to have been a red herring. Now they say the culprit might have been "a heavy lorry in the wrong spot" whatever the gently caress that means.

Are you sure that the SCP foundation isn't trying to contain something under your house?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Necrothatcher posted:

Sounds like time for a bitcoin mining op. Or whatever you can actually make money with now that's cratered.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

they’re taking bets on who can come up with the most nonsensical reason and see if you buy it

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Necrothatcher posted:

What's on the other side of the barber's? Is it a bank by any chance?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Did the barber have red hair, and did they leave for Greece due to a suspicous but well paid job offer?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Have you spotted a suspiciously young Alec Guinness and/or Sid James around?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there some sort of gas leak at birmingham? Apparently they had to evacuate the sainsburys and some other buildings because people were having trouble breathing?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Is there some sort of gas leak at birmingham? Apparently they had to evacuate the sainsburys and some other buildings because people were having trouble breathing?

That was a couple of days ago, unless it's happened again? https://twitter.com/birmingham_live/status/1527966936134561797

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

sounds like a heavy lorry in the wrong spot

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Someone at work mentioned it to me so they might have been a bit late, ah well, hopefully nobody was hurt.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ahmad Khan is being sentenced today.

And while we are on that subject:

https://twitter.com/UKGovtGoogles/status/1528446479970357248

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

He occasionally has to revert to his liquid form to regenerate, I understand it’s something of a delicate subject

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
In his constituency office over the Whitsun break practising doing perfectly normal things.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The Majority of Tory voters are retirees and near-retirees in comfortable jobs, remember. Their rhetoric doesn't actually have to match reality, it has to match the perceived reality of their base. Which helps when they share the same delusions as their base.

Yes, given that foundation for their vote, electorally they just need to pick up one or two more groups to win. This gives them a lot of flexibility as to what group’s reality to choose to acknowledge. Which can also lead to indecision and infighting. They don’t know what they want, because they have a range of different things they could choose.

In contrast, Labour need 4 or 5 voting blocs just to get up to parity. There may well be nothing they could say that will fully acknowledge the reality of all of those disparate groups. If a message does exist that works for everyone, there won’t be much of an element of choice in whether to adopt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

He occasionally has to revert to his liquid form to regenerate, I understand it’s something of a delicate subject