Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

global tetrahedron posted:

still newish to this, i am king of germany. been trying to destabilize bavaria to eventually form empire of germania but bavaria have been undergoing military campaigns against me, the circled territories were once held by me but obviously they are now splitting my realm in half geographically

i'm a little confused because these wars appear to be against some of my vassals/distant vassals and while they are taking territory i technically hold as part of my kingdom title, the game doesn't treat this like a problem with even a notification. i know i could enter the war on behalf of my vassals, but is the only advantage there to garner more of their support and make them like me? if it's just a matter of a duke-on-count conflict that doesn't concern my actual kingdom i don't know why i'd bother, but it does seem like bavaria is expanding and i don't like it

Those wars can't be just against your vassals, in order to take territory from another realm you must attack the top level liege (you). But maybe the wars have been against you, but for your vassals titles rather than yours?

The other day you'd lose territory would be having those titles be inherited by someone who is already within the Bavarian realm, quite possible given how limited families are right off the start.

Also what is that Montferrato :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Came across the fantasy tinder event, swiped right on the pope and now we are FWB (also I am the religious head of my reformed pagan faith). I thought the intrigue lifestyle was dumb but this saved it:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I think I had that event three or four times without ever knowing what it was referencing. It was only in another discussion about dating did the lightbulb go off. Yes, I am old.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Yeah my marriage is older than tinder, I just liked the idea of two religious heads getting a match.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Game really doesn't like Great Purification Wars that can rally like 300k people on one side, huh? I was on Fast speed and it now takes 10 seconds for ONE DAY to pass in game while I raise my 78k troops, not to mention my vassals doing their thing elsewhere. Tried reloading, doesn't help.

edit: correction, several minutes per day. I'm playing on Ironman, did I just brick this run?

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 20, 2022

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Raising troops shouldn't brick the game like that, 300k isn't anything unusual. Certainly not more than a slight stutter I'd have imagined.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Less than a month has elapsed since my last post. I've never had much slowdown in this game before and certainly nothing like this.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

What are the specs on the PC you're running it on? Because yea that is not normal.

The worst I have ever had is a little bit of stutter on the first few days after a GHW is declared as everybody raises their armies at once, but that lasts literal game-days.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah that's not normal at all. You're either running a mod that broke something, got a hardware problem, or you managed to hit a bug I've never seen.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Specs are well above what the game requires, and it’s vanilla Ironman, no mods. The oddest part is that FPS is totally fine, I can look around, open menus, etc. The in game passage of time just slowed to a crawl when I declared the war and hit raise all troops.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Yeah I've had it before (but more like a few seconds per game day, regardless of speed setting) and my PC can play CP2077 with RTX. Game otherwise hasn't had any kind of stuttering/fps drop. Wonder if it's to do with how many independent AI rulers in wars etc

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

This game takes forever to load for me. When I'm in it's fine but Christ I'm able to do the housework I need to sometimes before it loads in.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Loading times are pretty bad, yea. My SDD takes a full minute or two (and of course, since it's a game on linux and will have barely any QA, there's 50% chance it crashes to desktop on loading)

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

FreudianSlippers posted:

Who is the best Ragnarsson for the achievement?

I have a soft spot for Ivar the Boneless but I imagine starting as the feudal Halfdan is easier and possibly starting away from it all in Sweden and then invading later is even easier
I'm pretty sure I did it as Sigurd, the Danish one, because I also wanted to get the High King of the North Sea achievement. Saves some time to try to get both.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

What are the “must have” mods for this game?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Here's a clip of what I was posting about last night. FPS is a little choppy but otherwise the interface is mostly responsive. Some stuff takes a "day" between clicking and it going through. Playing on Fast, cranking it up to max speed doesn't change anything. The in game passage of time has just slowed to a crawl.

Minor :nws: warning I suppose as I click through characters, for whatever reason some people in my realm get naked (I don't have the primativism tenet in my religion either so it remains a mystery).

https://streamable.com/x92oqi

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Here's a clip of what I was posting about last night. FPS is a little choppy but otherwise the interface is mostly responsive. Some stuff takes a "day" between clicking and it going through. Playing on Fast, cranking it up to max speed doesn't change anything. The in game passage of time has just slowed to a crawl.

Minor :nws: warning I suppose as I click through characters, for whatever reason some people in my realm get naked (I don't have the primativism tenet in my religion either so it remains a mystery).

https://streamable.com/x92oqi

Bizarre. Does it do the same if you raise all your troops from one rally point instead of splitting them up? There are a lot of ally armies all being raised but no more than I've seen in some of my late games and I don't have anywhere near that level of slow down.

Digambara and Yapaniya have a special doctrine where zealous characters are naked, and I think they keep it if you reform from it so that might be why some of them are naked? That or lunacy events.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

SlothBear posted:

Bizarre. Does it do the same if you raise all your troops from one rally point instead of splitting them up? There are a lot of ally armies all being raised but no more than I've seen in some of my late games and I don't have anywhere near that level of slow down.

Digambara and Yapaniya have a special doctrine where zealous characters are naked, and I think they keep it if you reform from it so that might be why some of them are naked? That or lunacy events.

I just press the "raise all" button from a single rally point and over a certain amount the game splits them up automatically. Is there a way to not do this because I would love it actually.

And that makes sense, I started out with Yapaniya and eventually formed a new faith.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There's also a court jester event and an adventurer event that makes people get naked so that can add up.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

yeah, so dread is way OP huh. maybe because i have the forever infamous perk

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Would it look like that if the vassal was the one who declared the war, but got counter-sieged by bavaria?
If so, then that territory should go back to the original vassal, no matter who eventually wins the war.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I just press the "raise all" button from a single rally point and over a certain amount the game splits them up automatically. Is there a way to not do this because I would love it actually.

Control-click it

And yea that game rate is hosed, never seen anything like it. Possible it's some side effect of the GPW but I've never seen it with other wars either. How many men does each side have?

Also go submit a bug report on the Paradox forums and give them your save.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Dr. Clockwork posted:

And that makes sense, I started out with Yapaniya and eventually formed a new faith.

Click on the flag where you want to raise and then control+click. That will raise your whole army or men at arms or whichever option you click on there instead of splitting them up.

Efb!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

Control-click it

And yea that game rate is hosed, never seen anything like it. Possible it's some side effect of the GPW but I've never seen it with other wars either. How many men does each side have?

Also go submit a bug report on the Paradox forums and give them your save.

271k vs their 21k

Eventually it picked up a bit after I stopped raising early and I was able to get through the war and now we are back to normal. I’m used to late game paradox grand strategies slowing down but this was unreal.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Do you really need levies needlessly hogging supplies, though? With those numbers it seems like you're at the point of the game where you can get away with just raising your Men-at-Arms and *maybe* the local levies of a big enough county or two if you really want to pad up those numbers. Your coffers (and your processor too maybe, haven't quite experienced that level of lag myself) will thank you.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

SexyBlindfold posted:

Do you really need levies needlessly hogging supplies, though? With those numbers it seems like you're at the point of the game where you can get away with just raising your Men-at-Arms and *maybe* the local levies of a big enough county or two if you really want to pad up those numbers. Your coffers (and your processor too maybe, haven't quite experienced that level of lag myself) will thank you.
Is there a way to just raise local levies? If i ever need to have them I've been hitting the raise all ctrl-click button and just hovering over the 'stop raising' button until it gets to the size army I want.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

Is there a way to just raise local levies? If i ever need to have them I've been hitting the raise all ctrl-click button and just hovering over the 'stop raising' button until it gets to the size army I want.

Create a bunch of rally points, and choose the "local levies" option on one of them.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Is there a mod that will split a big stack into small stacks on supply surplus tiles?

I do it manually sometimes but it's quite tedious. I'll break up the siege stack to "leave besieging armies" and then split that stack and take the rest to a nearby owned tile that will let them supply but it's useful most when I'm after a Kingdom or Duchy. It's impossible to manage my crusdading armies and I typically end up as the only army in the Levant with 60k starving troops and no where to resupply.

Meanwhile the computer has no such management issues and its upsetting.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
As King of England, I've liberated 8 Irish counties over the course of the game from Norse rule. When this King dies, is the game going to create the King of Ireland title and give it to one of my sons? I'm on basic partition.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Charlz Guybon posted:

As King of England, I've liberated 8 Irish counties over the course of the game from Norse rule. When this King dies, is the game going to create the King of Ireland title and give it to one of my sons? I'm on basic partition.

If it's "Confederate Partition", yes the game will create the title and hand it out even if you don't. If it's just "Partition", no.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

If it's "Confederate Partition", yes the game will create the title and hand it out even if you don't. If it's just "Partition", no.
I'm just on partition.

What is the benifit, if any of upgrading to confederate partition then?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm just on partition.

What is the benifit, if any of upgrading to confederate partition then?

None, Confederate Partition is strictly worse than regular Partition-- it creates any titles it can to pass out, even ones at your top title's level, which gives those inheritors independence.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Quorum posted:

None, Confederate Partition is strictly worse than regular Partition-- it creates any titles it can to pass out, even ones at your top title's level, which gives those inheritors independence.

That's what I thought.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hey cool I accidentally hit RESUME on a modded playset and removed a 30 hour Ironman run from being able to score achievements. :negative:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Huh...on double checking I am on confederate partition, but it doesn't look like I'm going to lose titles...? Which seems like a bug. Two of my sons have died in battle, but I still have a few others around. I'll see if that continues when I load up next time.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

So I've currently got High Partition, I'm Feudal, and I control the Empire of China (renamed Tibet.) I also entirely control two duchies, which have the Feudal Elective laws on them so I can select which heir inherits them and all the titles they contain, which I have set for my primary heir. For some reason, my second son is set to inherit the uncreated Empire of Turan, which I control over 80% of, despite my succession law NOT being confederate partition. Is this normal?

Edit: I should also note, my realm capital is OUTSIDE of de-jure Tibet, and is inside de-jure Turan.

Double-Edit: Having the Paranoid and Compassionate traits are a nightmare, because whenever someone learns Chinese off of me, both of my response options hit me with a whopping 65 stress!!

Neurion fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 23, 2022

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Neurion posted:

Double-Edit: Having the Paranoid and Compassionate traits are a nightmare, because whenever someone learns Chinese off of me, both of my response options hit me with a whopping 65 stress!!

I understand why that would hit paranoid, but what's the logic of someone compassionate getting stress from it?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Responding to the Learn Language alert by calling the other person a dummy and a moron, or something.

Edit: And now an update! My primary heir turned out to have awful traits (he also got Paranoid), while the second son had much better ones. Since I'm playing as Han Chinese, I cannot Disinherit because of a cultural tradition, but I can Denounce, Imprison, and Castrate undesired heirs. It's not reversible like Disinheriting is, but it's still a tool in my toolbox. It cost me a whopping 200 net stress, though, due to being Compassionate. Anyways, that second son, now my primary heir, is STILL somehow going to inherit the uncreated Turanic empire on succession. poo poo's weird.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 23, 2022

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I've seen that show up when you mouse over characters and stuff, it's just wrong, ignore it. The Succession tab is the one you actually want to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Every single time I try to impress someone with my new language, I roll the 33% chance to accidentally insult them. Is this a known bug or am I just legitimately very unlucky? No mods.