Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the only way Costco WON'T sell you 1k hotdogs, is if you try and pay in bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

priznat posted:

https://twitter.com/horatioalgorthm/status/1528162897129619456

Seems entirely likely we’ll have mass death in texas this summer due to crypto mining, this is good for bitcoin.

Actually:
https://mobile.twitter.com/dis7ant/status/1528394622006972416

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lol the replies are just dunk city

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

the only way Costco WON'T sell you 1k hotdogs, is if you try and pay in bitcoin.

I'm pretty sure the only caveat is that you'd need to call them the day before to warn them you need 10,000 hotdogs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You will not get in the way of Texans and their new crusade against ERCOT

Cold? ERCOT tells people to stop using heat

Hot? ERCOT tells people to stop using AC

Quite frankly the article could have said "ERCOT ate all of the babies and pooped on the american flag and also they called your mom fat" and I would share it to everyone I know in the hopes that this board gets thrown into a dumpster. gently caress ERCOT.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

somehow i'd never heard the term Dunning-Krugerrands but it fits bitcoin perfectly

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Booyah- posted:

somehow i'd never heard the term Dunning-Krugerrands but it fits bitcoin perfectly

It's been used in this thread for a long time. See also: Pedo Pesos, Digital Pogs, and Buttcoin

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1528606817831600133

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

*tips nft of fedora*

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
just wanted the thread to know i tried to buy vietnamese food in bitcoin. there was a sticker on the register. it didnt work though because i dont have any bitcoin and the guy didnt speak any english. as i type this im realizing that's basically the gist of it all

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

thehandtruck posted:

just wanted the thread to know i tried to buy vietnamese food in bitcoin. there was a sticker on the register. it didnt work though because i dont have any bitcoin and the guy didnt speak any english. as i type this im realizing that's basically the gist of it all

so your story is just that...you saw a bitcoin sticker?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

CountryMatters posted:

so your story is just that...you saw a bitcoin sticker?

as i said. that's basically the gist of it all. no problem solved. new problems created. advertising accomplished, but without resolution.

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 23, 2022

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

thehandtruck posted:

as i said. that's basically the gist of it all. no problem solved. new problems created. advertising accomplished, but without resolution.

This may be the whole story of the 2020s, right here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember that DuckTales episode where Fenton creates a wildly successful advertising campaign without an actual product?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

istewart posted:

This may be the whole story of the 2020s, right here

to be fair a crypto news site would have picked this story up with an exclusive interview with thehandtruck

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Something like four or five years ago there was a Bitcoin ATM in a hipsterish cafe in my town but I wasn't very clear on how it worked. No one used it. A couple weeks later it was gone. Thanks for reading

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
impressing everyone by buying a coffee with my eloncoin and being forced to make small talk for the four hours it takes for the transaction to process during which the coin's value tanks leaving me with neither coffee nor coin.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

impressing everyone by buying a coffee with my eloncoin and being forced to make small talk for the four hours it takes for the transaction to process during which the coin's value tanks leaving me with neither coffee nor coin.

where has you been been the last decade op?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Waiting for the transaction to complete.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

Waiting for the transaction to complete.

in the sea, you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://mobile.twitter.com/sniko_/status/1528320829741842432

https://mobile.twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1528568445675130882?cxt=HHwWhMCyteK5yLYqAAAA

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 23, 2022

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

such a great, vibrant community, all the best people,

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

We're assuming it was actually hacked and that this isn't just more grift.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They mean it's being used to promote scams other than Beeple's own?

https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1528151188134191105

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

thehandtruck posted:

You think this is a game? LOL it totally is!

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

fingers are hard to draw.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Big Mackson posted:

fingers are hard to draw.

He is potat

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

He is potat

another potat to roast and eat

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Heath posted:

Something like four or five years ago there was a Bitcoin ATM in a hipsterish cafe in my town but I wasn't very clear on how it worked. No one used it. A couple weeks later it was gone. Thanks for reading

There's a This American Life episode about the bitcoin ATM in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. They interview a woman who was computer scammed and had to put cash into that one weird bitcoin ATM to pay the scammers and recover her files. They wind up tracking down the guys who operated the ATM and they're just pure web3 brain libertarians pretending that crypto still has a use other than scamming people.

The ATM was literally only for inserting USD into the crypto blackhole.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It probably did mining too.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

When the insane right wing codger who literally wrote a handbook on how to run a coup is bagging on you…

https://twitter.com/eluttwak/status/1528753180883963906?s=21&t=MNn37iXGeAxy2XRnxOm74w

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
*the wrong scams

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure that post has to be a joke or an idle musing or something just by being based on the core belief you could go into your local costco and say "yes one thousand hot dogs please" and they'd sell them to you
Perhaps not now but in the digital future Costco could have a smart contract for $1.50 hotdogs that enforces the sacred hotdog contract.

Absolutely criminal I can't buy 1000 hotdogs on demand costco, more like scamco.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I want a time machine to 2000 to be the crazy guy with a sandwich board saying "Beeple's Twitter hacked to scam NFTs to capitalize on Madonna's vagina centipedes."

What the gently caress is wrong with history right now. God's activated the simulation cheat codes and is having a bit of fun before doomsday.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

zedprime posted:

I want a time machine to 2000 to be the crazy guy with a sandwich board saying "Beeple's Twitter hacked to scam NFTs to capitalize on Madonna's vagina centipedes."

What the gently caress is wrong with history right now. God's activated the simulation cheat codes and is having a bit of fun before doomsday.

Honestly I think we're nearing the series finale for humanity so the writers are just getting drunk and throwing out to most random, batshit plotlines possible and the studio is accepting it because why not?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who the h*ck is beeple

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cowcaster posted:

who the h*ck is beeple

Boople's cousin.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

who the h*ck is beeple

digital artist who's known for his routine of making a piece from scratch every single day no matter what, and has kept it up for 15 years and counting

he used to do neat looking abstract/scifi landscapes that made for good wallpapers, but around when trump got elected he started churning out bad "satire" and hasn't stopped

he did one of the biggest (possibly the biggest?) NFT sales with a collage of his first 5000 everyday pieces that sold for $69 million to some crypto investor

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The buyer being one of his partners in another project. Almost like it was prearranged to get headlines or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Has anyone posted the Binance pizza yet

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1528749385487486978?s=20&t=Z12YULcvY7kAoCfbIdO7Rw