Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

jase1 posted:

Quick update. I have surgery next week to remove my stomach because it’s hosed and I haven’t ate much in the last few days. More than likely after they remove my stomach things will go south quick. So if that happens and I do pass my wife will update the thread and let you guys know. I have already got her lurking in a few threads that she is interested in and I’m gonna have her just change the name on this account to whatever she wants to be called.

I’m glad I got to share my last absolutely bonkers vegas run with this thread.

let me know what side of the god thing you come down on because if there's one guy who could win pascal's wager, it's you.

love and peace to you and yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jase you’re a great dude. It sucks to see it end this way but you’re kicking rear end along the way. We’ll meet again some sunny day, my friend.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ah drat. You've let me vicariously gamble through you for years now. All the best, mate.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
hey jase i guess i want to let you know that i've gotten a lot of mileage out of your posts itt and your stories of hustling people at pool. you've led an objectively cool life and i'll be genuinely sad if you don't beat the odds one last time.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
drat man. You’re a legend. Vaya con dios.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Hope this goes as smothly as it can man, thanks for everything

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Fair winds and following seas, Jase.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jase, have you written an autobiography or memoir?

Good luck brother!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Thank you for all of your stories, jase! Hope you can make some cash on Kimbo Slice vs Kevin Randleman when the time comes.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Godspeed jase you’re a goddamn legend

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

jase1 posted:

I’m glad I got to share my last absolutely bonkers vegas run with this thread.

Thanks man!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Thanks for all the good times Jase. We are richer (some of us literally) for having known you.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does anyone here bet online in Ontario? They just legalized single-event wagers recently, so everyone from MGM on down has opened up shop and I'd like to try the least obnoxious site.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Yes. I have been wagering on Proline+ since that opened up in October.
It works fairly well and the odds generally on par with what you would see from other books, but the selection of wagers available is a little lite. Things like betting on top 10 finishes on PGA events have not been offered, and player props for MLB/NBA/NHL are limited.
They have been adding more markets though, like for NBA playoffs they have had lines for player props for points or Assists or rebounds, but not some of more exotic props like Made 3's or Points+Assists+Rebounds.

I also recently opened an account with Fandual and it's maybe a bit obnoxious like you were saying about MGM, but they have a lot of markets and they have had all sorts of bonus offers and bets to help pad the bankroll.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sorry guys, I was going to bet on Lauzon because we used to be AIM buddies, but I found out the fight had been pulled when ProLine nullfied my betslip :(

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
little late, but the Rua fight reminded me to put some money down.

10 on Rua @ +210 to win $31

10 on 3 pick parlay of:
Chandler @ -350
Rose @ -225
Justin @ +125

+317 with a "Dan Le Betard Profit Boost" of +25% to win 41.78

20 on Gaethje at +125 to win 45

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Shumagorath posted:

Sorry guys, I was going to bet on Lauzon because we used to be AIM buddies, but I found out the fight had been pulled when ProLine nullfied my betslip :(

Hah, that’s funny — I use to play Call Of Duty with him all the time back in, like, 2011. He’s a friend of a friend

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
i haven’t signed up for any of the newly legal sports books in NY. what’s the current meta for taking advantage of their intro promotions?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Head Bee Guy posted:

i haven’t signed up for any of the newly legal sports books in NY. what’s the current meta for taking advantage of their intro promotions?

i'm very lazy so I stick with DraftKings but they're all pretty much constantly running promos I think. i lose most of my bets so none of that will ultimately help me in the end lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

little late, but the Rua fight reminded me to put some money down.

10 on Rua @ +210 to win $31

10 on 3 pick parlay of:
Chandler @ -350
Rose @ -225
Justin @ +125

+317 with a "Dan Le Betard Profit Boost" of +25% to win 41.78

20 on Gaethje at +125 to win 45

:rip: your parlay.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

:rip: your parlay.

man, I'm glad. gently caress that fight

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Jase1's wife informed me that Jase passed away early this morning. I know he loved this community and site. That last run of bets and everyone joining in really meant a lot to him.

To the admins and mods through conversations I had with him outside of SA, he did not want his account permabanned. If something has to be done maybe some text under his avatar.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 23, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Jase1's wife informed me that Jase passed away early this morning. I know he loved this community and site. That last run of bets and everyone joining in really meant a lot to him.

To the admins and mods through conversations I had with him outside of SA, he did not want his account permabanned. If something has to be done maybe some text under his avatar.
drat, I saw the account online this morning and thought he might have been ok, but no posts since May 12th said something else.

Forget putting something under his account name; we ought to title PSP or even SAS for a bit at the very least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Shumagorath posted:

drat, I saw the account online this morning and thought he might have been ok, but no posts since May 12th said something else.

Unfortunately no.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rest in Peace to a real one. This thread title should never ever change.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
We love you Mrs. Jase

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
drat, rest in peace, jase.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LionYeti posted:

Rest in Peace to a real one. This thread title should never ever change.

Yeah, it stays. Best little tribute we have.

It is sad to hear but I"m also glad he isn't going through it anymore. Deepest sympathies, Mrs. Jase.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rest in Peace Jase, you absolute loving legend. You shared so much with the thread, thank you so much for all of it. Deepest condolences Mrs Jase, He's a great man and much beloved here.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rip jase1

Here's the In Memoriam thread
Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911290

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 23, 2022

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rename PSP to "The Great Jase Space" for a while in addition to keeping this thread title forever

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Rip.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CommonShore posted:

Rename PSP to "The Great Jase Space" for a while in addition to keeping this thread title forever

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

CommonShore posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rest in peace man

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip to the loving king

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

rest in peace

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

was afraid of this when I saw a bunch of new posts in here on a Monday :smith: RIP to a legend

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Cya, bud. Thanks for the fun CoD times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rest in peace man