Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's like opposite of the final GoT season.

Oh it's going to be good then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think it would be an audacious move if they pulled a reverse-Whedon and went to a “monster of the week format” for the final season after being heavily serialized before that.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

On the one hand, I’m glad that streaming broke is out of the “wrap it up in 42 minutes” era but on the other, holy loly hire a loving editor, jesus christ

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I'm still so happy the GoT runners flubbed the last two seasons so badly they got their Civil War show shut down. It had strong "all the worst people liking it waaaay too much" vibes.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 23, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did GRRM ever finish that book lol? Or is he gonna die and give all his fans blue balls?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's like 5 years overdue on this book and there are supposed to be several more, and he's already 73 so even if he finishes this one the fans will definitely get blue balled unless he's doing the Robert Jordan thing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If not hope he's coherent long enough to destroy his notes or we're gonna get a SpiceQueens of Dune level finish to the books.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

If not hope he's coherent long enough to destroy his notes or we're gonna get a SpiceQueens of Dune level finish to the books.

Brian Herbert 'using' his dad's notes to do what he did def comes to mind with how GoT goes, but does he have kids?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Or his kids will edit his notes and release a bunch of unconnected stories Tolkien style.

Nov 6, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

Brian Herbert 'using' his dad's notes to do what he did def comes to mind with how GoT goes, but does he have kids?

You don't have time for loving when you're writing a 5,000 word description of a sex scene.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

600 pages about the history of the Giant tribes north of the wall where they're all just clear references to mid 2000's NY Giants players.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

600 pages about the history of the Giant tribes north of the wall where they're all just clear references to mid 2000's NY Giants players.

This might finally get me interested in GoT

lol still no

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I read the most recent GoT book back when it came out and thought it was a goddamn train wreck, introducing a bunch of thoroughly uninteresting brand new characters and plot lines for no apparent reason, even if he wraps the series can’t imagine GRRM suddenly returns to early-book form now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Did GRRM ever finish that book lol? Or is he gonna die and give all his fans blue balls?

he's too busy swimming in his scrooge mcduck pool of money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

he collects lord of the rings minis and runs a town theater in the new mexico town he lives in now, he's got gobs of money and probably just can't be assed to do work any more and if I were him I'd probably feel exactly the same

like GRRM was always infamous for being willing to kill major protagonists in his books, long before he wrote the song of ice and fire series; having him die in the middle of his own story and leaving everyone shocked and upset is the ultimate realization of that habit and it's kind of perfect.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
On the contrary, I think most everyone expects him to die before the next book is released at this point.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

he collects lord of the rings minis and runs a town theater in the new mexico town he lives in now, he's got gobs of money and probably just can't be assed to do work any more and if I were him I'd probably feel exactly the same

like GRRM was always infamous for being willing to kill major protagonists in his books, long before he wrote the song of ice and fire series; having him die in the middle of his own story and leaving everyone shocked and upset is the ultimate realization of that habit and it's kind of perfect.

he just needs to give up and enjoy his twilight years. he at least stopped making blog posts about how much he intended to write but how little he wound up writing. dude has lost his muse and that's ok.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Much like how, in game of thrones, by the last season pretty much everyone expected every major character to die, and it was more of a surprise how many survived (it was because the show had run entirely ahead of any input by GRRM at that point, lol).

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Leperflesh posted:

The theater is pretty cool though, and I think he owns the bookstore next door as well. I can’t really blame him for realizing he’s got it good and just doing his own thing.

Now I want to go back to Santa Fe :sigh:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Chances of GRRM publishing Winds of Winter I put around 20%, and I'm being pretty generous. Chances he publishes the last book are under 1%. He always talked about writing the books like he was a gardener, but he sucks at that because new, unneeded characters popped up like weeds.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

As told by Ser Carl

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

I read the most recent GoT book back when it came out and thought it was a goddamn train wreck, introducing a bunch of thoroughly uninteresting brand new characters and plot lines for no apparent reason, even if he wraps the series can’t imagine GRRM suddenly returns to early-book form now

I dunno, I appreciate that aspect of it. Stories don't end, there's constantly a new influx of players in the game, and there's going to be untold wreckage left behind after all the bullshit happens from the events of the series. I kinda like that the next crisis is just being setup a decade or two down the line by happenstance of what the characters do to resolve the current messes.

Of course the last season of the show takes a big ol' dumper on that idea, but hey.

Leperflesh posted:

Much like how, in game of thrones, by the last season pretty much everyone expected every major character to die, and it was more of a surprise how many survived (it was because the show had run entirely ahead of any input by GRRM at that point, lol).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyway, speaking of tv series, why the hell is there a Slippin' Jimmy animated series? Who was asking for this, why is this so awful? Who wants Saul Goodman, but he's Dennis the Menace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MMVZU1sOM

Nov 6, 2002

what the actual gently caress

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

He also is an ur nerd and does napoleonics minis. He went on a Warhammer podcast once to talk about minis since they lived in the same town at the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

No, and he likes trolling his fans over it.
the next book is titled Winds of Winter.

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1516807108242587648?t=Y4L45thCs5Nd8qHDw9oF8Q&s=19

Also, loving lol, there's supposed to be two Song of Ice and Fire books left, not just one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I did shrooms Friday night.

The peak was incredible but the comedown was decent too. Partner was vomiting her guts out downstairs and went to sleep. I ended up walking around upstairs for two hours just like occasionally eating an olive, drinking a pbr, and listening to the national. Every now and then I’d say “wild.”

Anyway for whatever reason I feel like I “understand” jack nicholson now and I cannot get that thought out of my head.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Always wanted to try hallucinogens. Absolutely no idea where to find any, though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Might I suggest grass instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxzkBdzTNU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

I did shrooms Friday night.

The peak was incredible but the comedown was decent too. Partner was vomiting her guts out downstairs and went to sleep. I ended up walking around upstairs for two hours just like occasionally eating an olive, drinking a pbr, and listening to the national. Every now and then I’d say “wild.”

Anyway for whatever reason I feel like I “understand” jack nicholson now and I cannot get that thought out of my head.

My first time I double dipped LSD and MDMA, wound up prone on the bed and watched The Day After Tomorrow twice back to back

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

and watched The Day After Tomorrow twice back to back

Jesus what a miserable time

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Talk about a bad trip

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

My first time I double dipped LSD and MDMA, wound up prone on the bed and watched The Day After Tomorrow twice back to back

Put this on a commercial and you'll have the most effective anti-drug campaign ever.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1528816907834404864?s=21

Dan Snyder, brain genius

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wouldn't people have to go to their games for any of this to be an issue?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Wife takes THC edibles for her chronic pain and I usually put on something like the Bizzaro episode of Sealab and pretend nothing stupid is happening on the tv.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The most secure feature I have for my credit card is getting a notification on my phone every time there is a charge. I assume every transaction has a chance the number gets stolen, but at least I'll know as soon as there's a questionable charge.

e: of course the caveat is it's on Google pay, so if you don't trust Google to know it :shrug:
This is exactly what i do

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Manoueverable posted:

On the contrary, I think most everyone expects him to die before the next book is released at this point.

Yeah, this isn't a Kentaro Miura/Berserk situation where it'll be sudden and shocking, it's going to be everyone going "welp, knew that was coming."

Although if Elden Ring ends up being the last thing GRRM works on, it won't be a bad note to go out on (even if his contribution to it was minor at best)

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’ve done shrooms three times and never tripped, so apparently my friends got cremini mushrooms or something those times :shrug:

Last night however I had a couple extra Vicodin because I had nothing to do but lay on the couch and try not to be in pain and it was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

This would be extremely similar to the Bears if they decide to move to Arlington Park. Only difference is there is a train line that goes right there, but driving from downtown Chicago to Arlington is like 40 minutes without traffic.