Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

his parents were both very respected academics and his mother who he grew up with was upper middle class, he was always a suburban kid. Like I'm not gonna pretend being a black kid at that time was awesome but yea he was never some poor dude who'd be the victim of Biden's policies.

I grew up in the same neighborhood. It’s full of 60s cinder block walk up apartments. I’d call the area working class or lower middle class if you own the apartment. It is right next to the university though so you see more academics and grad students in the general area. Most significant is the private school he went to which was explicitly founded to educate the children of the missionary/plantation owner elite and had a box to check on its application to indicate if a child could trace ancestry back to a missionary family. It’s remarkably white in an area which is mostly Asian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

From what I remember when Biden was picked there was a little bit of “wait they’re going with him?”, but it was quickly overshadowed by Palin.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there were several reasons. along with geographic and demographic "balancing", biden also ran in 2008 up until iowa and the only other 'in the news' names for VP were hillary, john edwards and chris dodd, who were all unacceptable for other issues. if all the party leaders and obama himself had to choose an older white centrist there were probably worse picks out there, i guess. would be hilarious if he chose max baucus and everything else stayed the same so baucus is president now. it's not like obama would have picked russ feingold or anyone else to the left; i remember that adolph reed quote posted above

does bernie's chummy influence with biden make this administration better than a counterfactual buttigieg admin? maybe, but i feel like obama's purposefully do-nothing tenure kneecapped the left for a generation no matter what happens; the writing was on the wall from early 2009

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 22, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

net work error posted:

You should check out music OP

I listen to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpeNXGGzQ0o

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I thought Obama was poor before he went to school, his book made it seem like he didn’t have any money growing up, but I’m not an Obama historian so I could be off base there

Obama was 100% CIA.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Those sound like the only funny jokes he might have done.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i say swears online posted:

there were several reasons. along with geographic and demographic "balancing", biden also ran in 2008 up until iowa and the only other 'in the news' names for VP were hillary, john edwards and chris dodd, who were all unacceptable for other issues. if all the party leaders and obama himself had to choose an older white centrist there were probably worse picks out there, i guess. would be hilarious if he chose max baucus and everything else stayed the same so baucus is president now. it's not like obama would have picked russ feingold or anyone else to the left; i remember that adolph reed quote posted above

does bernie's chummy influence with biden make this administration better than a counterfactual buttigieg admin? maybe, but i feel like obama's purposefully do-nothing tenure kneecapped the left for a generation no matter what happens; the writing was on the wall from early 2009

god remember when hillary and obama were in a knife fight for the endorsement of john edwards lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he waited three and a half months lol, just soaking up attention

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

it’s amazing how your political career could end for something as simple as being a scumbag back then

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A comedian of Chappelle's caliber telling a sub-Babylon Bee level "joke" is disheartening.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Groovelord Neato posted:

A comedian of Chappelle's caliber telling a sub-Babylon Bee level "joke" is disheartening.

Turns out being a reactionary is bad for your sense of humor

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's like how Lenny Bruce's act eventually was just him bitching about his legal problems. But Bruce was being prosecuted by the government for obscenity. Chappelle just discovered that some people don't like his comedy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

?? His comedy is fine, it's everything he's done the last decade that sucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

?? His comedy is fine, it's everything he's done the last decade that sucks

You're fine with his transphobia, but his appearance in A Star Is Born really dragged down the movie for you?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it was a joke, I thought his act changed a few years ago into man yells at cloud mode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For me it’s that his specials just went from being 100% jokes to 75% jokes up until his latest special being maybe 40% jokes and the rest just a 50 year old millionaire explaining to an audience why his last specials were good, actually

It sucks but honestly it’s ok for someone who made good TV 20 years ago to be lame and lovely today

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Remember his old joke about 'well you're wearing a slut uniform...'

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/emmagf/status/1528757077048446979

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is this guy a Tim and Eric show character or something

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It could just be some kind of elaborate Eric Andre bit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1528773304974200834?s=20&t=ioqly8-c_sx4HF5grPxL-w

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is this guy a Tim and Eric show character or something

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Why is there only one letter on the back of his collar?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He's protesting the Noid.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
[nick mullen voice] what if it was N'd gun violence and it was Eric Adams going aroun--

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Obama was 100% CIA.

Literally bred for the role like they’re the Bene Gesserit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I would've assumed Shannon Tweed was before Felix's time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone hit me with the black wolf feed, my app got borked and I can’t find my old RSS master

TruAnon feed too if you got it :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nope

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bust Rodd more like Ship Mast

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Glowing Rodd

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
She’s gonna pivot into a right wing grifter lmao.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

I feel like this happens to me with several other op ed guys but every time I hear Friedman I decide I hate him more than anyone in the world

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He’s really loving insufferable

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Like I have to believe he's doing an act to serve his function in society because I have a hard time believing someone is just that loving stupid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the funniest thing is that of all the beltway media, Friedman is easily the least bloodthirsty with russia

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh god oh gently caress posted:

Like I have to believe he's doing an act to serve his function in society because I have a hard time believing someone is just that loving stupid

Most of these people really are as stupid as they appear.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Based Rod

https://twitter.com/garbageape/status/1529119069391278081?s=21&t=rgO3tOPD9C_UZhcuY-mvrQ

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Groovelord Neato posted:

Most of these people really are as stupid as they appear.

I mean I will say that if you gave me 800k to put out essays I wrote in high school I would deeply consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh god oh gently caress posted:

I mean I will say that if you gave me 800k to put out essays I wrote in high school I would deeply consider it

He's married to a billionaire he's doing this for the love of the game.

https://twitter.com/briangaar/status/1344342128210677763?s=20&t=U0EilPWldzXfOC0LI6M75Q