Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
get your poo poo together nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There aren't even any Ridge Racer games on the Switch

Rare Replay when?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

super mario rpg is still not on the nintendo switch...

It's going to be as soon as they announce the sequel being made by squenix

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Am I wrong or is this not easily the greatest console of alltime?

I'm not wrong.

Just watched the Game Kid beat Kirby within an inch of its life, really great game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The greatest console of all time is the Playstation Vita. followed by the Playstation 3. The Switch is third. Very respectable

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Vita smells like my feeta(bad)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ps3 is a trash system I can't imagine why it would be anyone's favorite play station when the ps2 is right there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Ps3 is a trash system I can't imagine why it would be anyone's favorite play station when the ps2 is right there

MGS4, Demons Souls, two goats

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ten times as many better games on ps2, no changing my mind

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Luckily you can simply play those games with an early model ps3. What a deal

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PS2>PS1>PSP>PS3>Vita>PS4

PS5 TBA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
talk about Nintendo games and consoles or else something really bad will happen to you next time you boot up your switch…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ps1: can play ps1 games
PS2: can play ps2 and ps1 games
Ps3: can play ps3, ps2 and ps1 games

Ps5: can play no games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

talk about Nintendo games and consoles or else something really bad will happen to you next time you boot up your switch…

I'm going to play the switch version of ff7

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

snooze fest of a game imho. never got turn based combat. I want to press a button and have my man or lady or robot swing the sword

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i like to play final fantasy in the bed with my nintendo switch

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

snooze fest of a game imho. never got turn based combat. I want to press a button and have my man or lady or robot swing the sword

sorry but i only play rpgs that use the classic Ys bump attack system. any game that uses buttons is inherently too complex and doomed to fail

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ps1: can play ps1 games
PS2: can play ps2 and ps1 games
Ps3: can play ps3, ps2 and ps1 games

Ps5: can play no games

PS5: can play 50Hz PS1 games

https://twitter.com/andyplaytonic/status/1528863012647485441

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s always fun when Nintendo stumbles into doing something better than the competition

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Now, now, now. Let's not be hasty. Every play station is trash. The best system, even the best system ever made, was always going to be the

Virtual Boy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The funny thing is they already went through the exact same controversy with the PlayStation Mini. But I guess that thing didn't even sell enough copies for it to be considered a controversy to them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i bought a playstation mini for twenty dollars when stores were getting rid of their inventory and after modding it and putting a good collection of games on it it owns but lol at paying 100 dollars for it

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

The actual controversy with the PlayStation mini is that they didn’t include DualShock controllers. They should have at least included one, one DualShock is better than two launch controllers. No one who bought a PlayStation mini has friends anyway, the second controller was a waste

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

The actual controversy with the PlayStation mini is that they didn’t include DualShock controllers. They should have at least included one, one DualShock is better than two launch controllers. No one who bought a PlayStation mini has friends anyway, the second controller was a waste

they could have at least let you use a playstation 4 controller out of the box for it because its almost the exact same controller lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 24, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
much like all hardware they’ve made since the ps3 it was a big pile of poo poo

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

hatty posted:

PS2>PS1>PSP>PS3>Vita>PS4

PS5 TBA

I'm sorry what? I can see PS2 As one, maybe. But it's PS5 next easy since it can play PS4 games, and PS5 games, and soon some select classic PS1 games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PS5 isn’t finished so it can’t be rated

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes, I have a PS5. Play Switch 5 times per day

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LionArcher posted:

it can play PS4 games, and PS5 games

Come again?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
how can something that does not exist (Playstation 5) play games that also do not exist (Playstation 5 games)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Returnal is good, the new Ratchet is okay, but Horizon came out near Elden Ring and I constantly forget it came out

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, I hope the next Nintendo system plays Switch games.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mega64 posted:

I liked X because it was a very pretty and very stupid game and those two aspects meshed so well together. It was way too ambitious and all the five thousand half-baked gameplay mechanics clashed against each other but then after fifty hours you're cruising the world in your flying mech with your BFF Murderess (a party members whose hobby is murdering) while some cheesy song plays before you get back to the city and its insane tunes to get an entire interstellar species addicted to pizza.

There is no way you could properly remake that game and it honestly deserves to be the final gem stuck to languish on the Wii U in a mostly good way? It's a weird loving game is what I'm saying.

I didn't really like playing it though.

PSO2 NGE is basically turning in to XCX wanted to be at this point.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

you will once again experience the joy of paying full price for nintendo switch games on the next console the super switch pro

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sure, if you pay for them again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's the Nintendo thread, rebuying the same games is always implied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

The funny thing is they already went through the exact same controversy with the PlayStation Mini. But I guess that thing didn't even sell enough copies for it to be considered a controversy to them.

Like 90% of the PS1 games on that list were on the Mini lmao it's like those are the only games they have lying around