Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The many laffs about Chinese parents importing baby formula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Carthag Tuek posted:

whoever gets elected president in 2030 will be in a medically induced pallative care coma for their whole campaign and both terms

Democrats are going to spend trillions on research that just returns the results "Trump and Biden were old and senile as gently caress" and find the oldest, most senile candidate possible (which is like any congressional democrat).

Republicans will juke the poo poo out of them by running a 36 year old who doesn't look like the grim specter of death, whose entire platform is just "I'm racist", and win in a landslide.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RBG 2030

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

exmachina posted:

Just here to point out you have one of the best usernames on SA. A little aged now, but aged like wine or good cheese

Milo and Otis is terrifying to watch as an adult. There's no way they didn't kill several orange cats to make that movie.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

Milo and Otis is terrifying to watch as an adult. There's no way they didn't kill several orange cats to make that movie.

When the film was first released,[citation needed] several Australian animal rights organizations raised allegations of animal cruelty during filming and called for a boycott. The Sunday Mail reported at the time that Animal Liberation Queensland founder Jacqui Kent alleged the killing of more than 20 kittens during production and added that she was disturbed by reports from Europe which alleged that other animals had been injured, as in one case where a producer had allegedly broken a cat's paw to make it appear unsteady on its feet. Other scenes that were the source of controversy were a scene of a cat falling off a cliff and trying to climb back up, and a scene of a pug fighting a bear, all of which were deleted from the American version. Kent said her organization had a number of complaints from people who had seen the film and were concerned that it could not have been made without cruelty.[18] The Tasmanian and Victorian branches of the RSPCA also alleged abuse

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

every cute animal movie is built on mass death. they shoulda called it hotel rwanda for dogs

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Thread was only earlier this month, but lol
https://twitter.com/CBHessick/status/1521961924145070082?s=20&t=cgYFyaATg2dBYrALaV3lrw
https://twitter.com/CBHessick/status/1521964071817469955?s=20&t=cgYFyaATg2dBYrALaV3lrw
These are Very Smart People Who Know A Lot About Law.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is this the woman that kept appearing on the colbert report as a supreme court expert because she didn't strike me so Idk wishy washy or true blue lib then. Maybe she was Idk

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the supreme court is political and politics is civil war (class war) without martial might being the only avenue of enacting power

if you say something like that in a liberal arts school they will fail you though, ur not supposed to think like that!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I didn't see this part two weeks ago.
https://twitter.com/cbhessick/status/1522277554798874629?s=21&t=jWQP4X6AmUl7VpQurvJzNg
https://twitter.com/cbhessick/status/1522285376127258628?s=21&t=jWQP4X6AmUl7VpQurvJzNg

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loooooool

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

it is criminal that this person is a Criminal Law professor

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Immediately prior to the invasion of Iraq, the UK government's top source on Saddam Hussein's WMD program was a guy feeding them details from the Michael Bay film "The Rock".

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The elegant string of pearls formation

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

someone who's good at saving lives help me I'm trying to keep my officers alive

edit: yes I have memories from 2 days ago

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

amazon asking cities to send them what incentives they would provide to open a new factory/offices there just to get the data bc they had their minds made up from the jump

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bedpan posted:

it is criminal that this person is a Criminal Law professor

at least she isn't teaching stats lol

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

amazon asking cities to send them what incentives they would provide to open a new factory/offices there just to get the data bc they had their minds made up from the jump

JFC how did i forget this and all the self-inflicted embarrassments by city councils

https://twitter.com/Jyrki21/status/920451152621244417

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/11/16461706/amazon-second-headquarters-kansas-city-five-stars-reviews

quote:

James gave all 1,000 products five stars, as a thank you to Amazon, and wrote a meticulous paragraph for each product, with gems like, “Oh baby, this baby oil is a real treat! If you’re looking for a deal on baby moisturizer, you found it” and, “10/10 would recommend this horse bag.” Of course, James didn’t neglect the opportunity to mention Kansas City in every single review.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

that whole competition of who can sacrifice more residents to moloch was so loving depressing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Antonymous posted:

someone who's good at saving lives help me I'm trying to keep my officers alive

edit: yes I have memories from 2 days ago
can't decide which I like better, Gunfire (Inadvertent) 2 or Training Accident 1

like yeah, sure, 3 cops drowned, that's at least semi-reasonable, but those two sure do raise eyebrows

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
“struck by vehicle” and “vehicular assault” need separate categories

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

indigi posted:

“struck by vehicle” and “vehicular assault” need separate categories

obviously yeah, "struck by vehicle" means another cop did it and "vehicular assault" is anyone else

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

This was my city's Amazon HQ2 attempt:

"You could call it city branding or guerilla marketing—we just call it “being ourselves.” With media buys in Seattle itself, we gave Amazon a raw and hilarious taste of Calgary. Our signature piece of creative was a headshot of a brooding, rugged frontiersman with a caption that reads, “Hey, Amazon. Not saying that we’d fight a bear for you. But we totally would.” The ad was printed on a large billboard and hung in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood, right where the Amazon campus is located."

https://www.criticalmass.com/work/detail/hey-amazon

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Ever feel second hand embarrassment

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

sleep with the vicious posted:

"You could call it city branding or guerilla marketing—we just call it “being ourselves.” With media buys in Seattle itself, we gave Amazon a raw and hilarious taste of Calgary. Our signature piece of creative was a headshot of a brooding, rugged frontiersman with a caption that reads, “Hey, Amazon. Not saying that we’d fight a bear for you. But we totally would.” The ad was printed on a large billboard and hung in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood, right where the Amazon campus is located."

are they claiming this as something to be proud of? or are they describing the horrible actions of someone else?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

sleep with the vicious posted:

everyone involved in this should go fight a bear immediately

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ever feel second hand embarrassment

every time i read your posts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well I walked right into that one I guess

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

AP, October 5, 1990 posted:

While the Britons swelter in army uniforms designed for cooler climes, the Iraqis weather the heat in special desert uniforms that Britain sold them four years ago.

The Defense Ministry said Thursday that in 1986, it sold its entire stock of desert uniforms to the Iraqis, thinking that with Britain’s reduced defense commitments around the world they would no longer be needed.

As a result, most of the 9,000 British soldiers who began arriving in the gulf last week must wear their European camouflage uniforms while they await the arrival of new lightweight clothing.

A ministry spokeswoman, who spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with standing rules, said the uniforms sold to the Iraqis in 1986 date from the 1960s, when British troops were in Aden.

″The uniforms were sold as a normal turnover of stock. The present deployment of forces to the gulf was unforeseen,″ she said. ″It would not have been economic for the army to hold that amount of desert uniforms in stores on a constant basis.

She said new lightweight cotton uniforms will be shipped to the British troops soon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao Biden ran on a platform of student loan forgiveness in several states

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao Biden

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao Biden ran on a platform of student loan forgiveness in several states

Listen jack,

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Biden already being a 3 term senator when he ran for president in 1988 and plagiarising failed Labour leader Neil Kinnock in the process

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

DACK FAYDEN posted:

can't decide which I like better, Gunfire (Inadvertent) 2 or Training Accident 1

like yeah, sure, 3 cops drowned, that's at least semi-reasonable, but those two sure do raise eyebrows

training accident is absolutely hazing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

training accident is absolutely hazing

idk we had a cop here in Buffalo drown in the niagara river during a training exercise so I wonder which category that gets counted in.

also i'm still questioning why our police department needs to train a dive team, cuz its apparently not to rescue each other during training exercises

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat I just remembered those two cops cracking open an 80 year old white guy’s head on national news in Buffalo, a pool of blood forming beneath his skull before the news cameras were forced off, and literally nothing happened to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

drat I just remembered those two cops cracking open an 80 year old white guy’s head on national news in Buffalo, a pool of blood forming beneath his skull before the news cameras were forced off, and literally nothing happened to them

if this happened in China there’d be a popular hashtag and username emojis you could use for a while. missed opportunity