Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PS1, nothing wrong with me
PS2, nothing wrong with me
PS3… something wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

lets just say there's a good chance it might come back :D

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

lets just say there's a good chance it might come back :D

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That Little Demon posted:

MGS4 rules, the only good game on PS3, and was worth it. topic locked.

when the ps3 was dead i bought one and the mgs legacy collection, and it was the best deal in gaming before gamepass came around

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s called the PS5 because all the PAL PS1 games run at 5 fps on it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought a ps3 and played mgs4 and it was good. i also played la noire and it was bad. thats it

tbh the wii u has a similar track record but at least i can play gamecube games on it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
LA Noire was cool imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the wii u had so many good games that they just rereleased them all for the switch and called it a library and it worked

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I bought FE#Tokyo Mirage Sessions or whatever on WiiU and never opened it for some reason, and now its worth 36 dolalrs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That Little Demon posted:

I bought FE#Tokyo Mirage Sessions or whatever on WiiU and never opened it for some reason, and now its worth 36 dolalrs

Adjusted for inflation it's only $29.51

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

the wii u had so many good games that they just rereleased them all for the switch and called it a library and it worked

im glad they did that because the wii u is the worlds worst console design. the switch was such a good idea

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They need to rererelease Wind Waker on Switch.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

Absolutely

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1528921421375676417

https://twitter.com/TohrusTail/status/1528851690706845698

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1528946518824488960

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lolling remembering all the people that stacked 7 years of this poo poo thinking they were getting a loophole discount. Sony got your asses again.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1466822568715993101?t=NcUj6qSvM-mQxaRkT4LZVQ&s=19

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kind of impressive how much they suck lol. Like it takes dedicated effort.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m too stupid to understand the pricing and the tiers. I just online. The free games used to be good there’s generally be one big game even if it wasn’t something I was into. Now it’s only 20 euro games no one in history has ever heard of

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The "deluxe" (mid) tier is ostensibly a decent value and most compareable to Game Pass with a decent selection of big newer games and indie filler.

The "premium" (highest) tier is the modern deluxe games plus like 15 really lovely ports of old PlayStation games. I have no idea what the pricing actually is for any of these or how the streaming stuff factors in but it really seems like they got the tiers backwards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

The "deluxe" (mid) tier is ostensibly a decent value and most compareable to Game Pass with a decent selection of big newer games and indie filler.

The "premium" (highest) tier is the modern deluxe games plus like 15 really lovely ports of old PlayStation games. I have no idea what the pricing actually is for any of these or how the streaming stuff factors in but it really seems like they got the tiers backwards.

Denis Leary is going to crush with his new set on this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

actually looking at it seems those are lateral tiers depending on your market region

Essentials is the same price as current playstation plus and is just playstation plus

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I guess I got deluxe confused with extra. Silly me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Essentials is the same price as current playstation plus and is just playstation plus

its the same except they dropped from 3 games per month to 2

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

its the same except they dropped from 3 games per month to 2

They usually only have one "big" game and then two shovelware anyway

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao

HolePisser1982 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 24, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congratulations to all of us who bought thousands of Japanese giant hornets and released them into our homes while they were on sale. We made out like bandits

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congratulations to all of us who bought thousands of Japanese giant hornets and released them into our homes while they were on sale. We made out like bandits

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got a PS3 for MGS4, the MGS HD collection, and Demon's Souls, but I also bought it towards the end of its lifespan when it actually had a couple games and I could get one cheap

Larry Parrish posted:

It's kind of impressive how much they suck lol. Like it takes dedicated effort.

it's remarkable how they're taking this good, long look at Game Pass and going "what if we did that, but bad"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Remember, if you bought the Bucket of Piss + poo poo before 2/15/21, you’re all set, you WILL be grandfathered into the free refills program. It just sucks for everyone who bought after.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Remember, if you bought the Bucket of Piss + poo poo before 2/15/21, you’re all set, you WILL be grandfathered into the free refills program. It just sucks for everyone who bought after.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao again

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ill say it. noby noby boy ftw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

small price to pay for unmatched AAA cinematic gaming

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

small price to pay for unmatched AAA cinematic gaming

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i bought a ps3 just as a bluray player and the only game i ever had for it was demon’s soul’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sony keeping track of when PS+ gets discounted just so they can charge people the difference later is so loving funny. the ppl running that company continue to be truly insane