Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Breetai posted:

Remember seeing the alien skull in the ship at the end of predator 2 and being filled with hope that the coolest crossover ever was about to happen?

Yes. Then the movies actually happened

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Predator 2 gang

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Really the most unrealistic thing about the movie Predator was not the fact that there was an alien, but that that small commando unit brought a god drat mini gun with them into the jungle

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Really the most unrealistic thing about the movie Predator was not the fact that there was an alien, but that that small commando unit brought a god drat mini gun with them into the jungle

You wanted a more realistic Predator?

More like old painlessless.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

right? they should have brought a mega gun

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That movie taught me what a minigun was and to this day I think it's a misnomer

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RedSnapper posted:

Predator 2 is why i can't take X vs Predator matchups seriously (unless it's like Archie or something) because if a middle aged Danny Glover can kill a predator Batman sure as hell can

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

oldpainless posted:

They usually try to make good thread titles

Since when?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They're several decades overdue to do the big reveal where it turns out The Predators we see in those movies are an absolute joke on their homeworld and no one likes/respects them, precisely because they do the hunting equivalent of fishing with dynamite and still manage to consistently lose to any dumpy muscle box that happens to be in their way.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

mind the walrus posted:

It's called a "minigun" because it's a small version of the even more massive original.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

It's called a "minigun" because it's a small version of the even more massive original.

That only works if the original was just called “gun”

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

mind the walrus posted:

They're several decades overdue to do the big reveal where it turns out The Predators we see in those movies are an absolute joke on their homeworld and no one likes/respects them, precisely because they do the hunting equivalent of fishing with dynamite and still manage to consistently lose to any dumpy muscle box that happens to be in their way.

Comics/novels canon is that the females are larger and run everything in their empire, while they send the males off on hunts where they can't break anything important.

Edit: looking for confirmation there's a chance this is not true.

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 03:56 on May 24, 2022

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Breetai posted:

Remember seeing the alien skull in the ship at the end of predator 2 and being filled with hope that the coolest crossover ever was about to happen?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Curiosity killed the cat dog.

https://i.imgur.com/kB1g1rA.mp4

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal

mind the walrus posted:

I've heard the original Predator is basically their equivalent of a dentist on a weekend hunting trip while the one from Predator 2 is a rich kid trying to show off for his Dad's buddies. Neither one was supposed to be a paragon of martial skill.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

I heard they're doing an origin story reboot of The Predator starring Elon Musk. It's called The Child Predator

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

boofhead posted:

I heard they're doing an origin story reboot of The Predator starring Elon Musk. It's called The Child Predator

I heard something similar, it's going to be a found footage movie about Elon Musk's team of Predator lawyers hunting down forum's poster boofhead for slandering.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Predator 2 is why i can't take X vs Predator matchups seriously (unless it's like Archie or something) because if a middle aged Danny Glover can kill a predator Batman sure as hell can

The Predator in 2 was the equivalent of a fat aging middle manager in throes of a mid-life crisis going on a safari. The other predators are like thank God you killed that rear end in a top hat, now we can finally go home

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Grendels Dad posted:

I heard something similar, it's going to be a found footage movie about Elon Musk's team of Predator lawyers hunting down forum's poster boofhead for slandering.

gonna be pretty anticlimactic when they come to my broken-down tesla treehouse with no door handles and realise they've been played

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

Predator 2 gang

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

only every seen like the last 3 minutes of Predator 2

But i have the dvd.

Maybe soon i will watch it and joing Predetor 2 gang

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/LegalizeRats/status/1528798801279844352

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

The best predator movie is AvP 2? I think? The one where the predator and the female lead almost kiss at the end.

Also, the webcomic Alien loves Predator, which i'm not going to read because i'm sure it's aged as well as any 2011 webcomic out there gave us the best you're so white joke ever written.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Splicer posted:

The predator in predator 2 makes the predators in AvP 1 look like tactical geniuses

I think the other predators let him get killed because they didn't want to ride back with him

Seriously he's useless

skasion posted:

The predator in Predator 2 is indeed a moron. I like to think of him as the equivalent of fat middle-American dentists who go on safari and get eaten by lions; in that case, the actions of his fellow predators at the end of that movie are tantamount to your hunting buddies thinking so little of you they give the lion a medal.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I just watched Predator last week, and the only problem is that the action movie one liners feel so very out of place.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The General posted:

I just watched Predator last week, and the only problem is that the action movie one liners feel so very out of place.

I’m too old for this poo poo.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Y'all seen the teaser for the new predator movie, Prey?
Now they gonna get killed by Comanche warriors in 1719.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

RedSnapper posted:

They at least did was some good videogames about it though

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

oldpainless posted:

They usually try to make good thread titles

Glad my hard work is being noticed and appreciated.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I can't find it right now because I'm on the app and on mobile ( and in a relative hurry) but there was a blue stripe log about a predator on the predator ship during predator 2, pretty good as I recall if anyone wants to go looking for it. And that is the most times I've used the word predator in a sentence ever I think.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

burexas.irom posted:

The best predator movie is AvP 2? I think? The one where the predator and the female lead almost kiss at the end.

No, that's AvP 1. The PG13 one. People complained a lot about that rating, so AvP 2 went full R, and took it way too far in the other direction. We're talking a maternity ward massacre scene here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4gYW5nnBE

It's pretty much untranslateable (as I have no idea what the gently caress he's saying) but the closing comment is "I'MTHEGUYWHATDIDTHEPOLICEMURDERS"

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:21 on May 24, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Admiralty Flag posted:

I can't find it right now because I'm on the app and on mobile ( and in a relative hurry) but there was a blue stripe log about a predator on the predator ship during predator 2, pretty good as I recall if anyone wants to go looking for it. And that is the most times I've used the word predator in a sentence ever I think.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/blue-stripe-predator/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

It's called that because it's a bunch of really small guns in sequence

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/rLrlLoV.mp4

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

It's like a minicomputer.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Killer robot posted:

It's like a minicomputer.

These boots are made for bootin'

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Praise Kier

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

same vibe

https://twitter.com/DagothUrine/status/1528028479865950209?s=20&t=wquQG-db9WPGdvVg3iF_JA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

*sighs*

Pussy grabber