Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg also has a Wii U so could stream Wind Waker HD which would be wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Updated twice monthly for years to come. I dont see the problem. The reason they do this is because its proven when you get everything at once you are too overwelmed to play anything, a small amount released on a monthly basis is good, actually.

You know that thing everyone spent multiple months making fun of switch online for? Now it's cool and normal and the only logical way to run a business

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

zelda is a trash waifu, not worth the hassle. gently caress off, rich girl! i do not care that the skulltulas stole her panties :blastu:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

that game owns big time. sailing around to islands doing cool stuff... the dream

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The skulltulas stole her what now...??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that game owns big time. sailing around to islands doing cool stuff... the dream

The HD update changes so little but makes such a huge QoL change to the experience its one of those rare genuine definitive edition.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wind Waker came out when I was on study leave for my GCSEs so I spent the whole time playing it and not studying, thanks Nintendo

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I would be interested in Silent Bomber but this sounds a bit rubbish.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

You know that thing everyone spent multiple months making fun of switch online for? Now it's cool and normal and the only logical way to run a business

If nintendo had done it monthly, it would have been fine, actually. Also, and i dont wanna sound like a broken record but, i still got my carts and discs that i still play on the reg, so i dont care either way.

I just dont get the complaining on staggered releases actually, how much netflix bullshit do you watch instead of just scrolling through the titles? How many of the 100s of snes games you loaded on your snes classic do you play? even more so when i remember 90% of the thread would tell me none of this was ever gonna happen in the first place and now everyone is like "this is an outrage! Monthly releases!?!?!". Its more "hey wheres that 90s game i spent hours playing, why is that not on the list of stuff im not interested in just so i can say hey i remember my better childhood, cool but never heard of those titles, wheres is vandal hearts" like you could gently caress off and play something else or get the disc off ebay or download the iso or rom on your phone, poo poo is real easy or play ps5 games, because it actually has a hell of a lot of games you can play on it, it turns out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Dont get rid of your old games and consoles, old kids!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg, dont listen to this goon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

:hai:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Switch Online still only has fifteen N64 games after seven months

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wind waker is pretty, but bad game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Switch Online still only has fifteen N64 games after seven months

Have you beaten them all?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have yet to beat even one N64 game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

I regret inmensely getting rid of my SNES in 1999 and my GBA (1st gen) in 2004 :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnDe2u5M7e8

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wind waker is pretty, but bad game.

boooo. get off the stage 🍅🍅🍅

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Whyyoubooingmeimright.jpg

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Wind Waker owns but Majora's Mask will always be the undisputed pinnacle of Zelda'ing

:EDIT: WHO DID THAT UNDER MY NAME

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Aipsh posted:

Wind Waker owns but Majora's Mask will always be the undisputed pinnacle of Zelda'ing

True facts. 1. Majora's Mask 2. Wind Waker 3. Link's Awakening. Come at me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:australia: Ausgoons! :australia:

Big W's starting a sale from the 26th of May that'll have some deep discounts on PS4/5 games. Most Playstation Hits titles will be $10AUD, a few are $20AUD and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart will be $59AUD. Additionally they'll have ALL DualSense controller colours for $79AUD.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wind waker is great until the big Triforce piece hunt

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Fix posted:

The anger is not at the frame rate, it's at how few titles there are.

my anger is definitely at the framerate

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Wind waker is great until the big Triforce piece hunt

I didn’t hate it but it was nice of them to make it easier in the remaster. Wii U stays winning

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:australia: Ausgoons! :australia:

Additionally they'll have ALL DualSense controller colours for $79AUD.

drat, they dont have the purple one

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, and Breath of the Wild are four of the top 50 video games ever made, and probably the series with the most entries on that list, TBH. Probably the single best video game franchise not available on SONY Godstation

Escobarbarian posted:

???? All I remember from them is the Star Wars reviews where the joke guy doing them would be like “LOL I HAVE CHILDREN IN MY BASEMENT LOL”

Yeah the 10 year old plinkett reviews have some sort of tasteless and dated 2000’s “I killed a hooker in my basement and now I have AIDS” style humor but they’re still funnier and have better media analysis than anyone else. They say way, way less offensive poo poo these days and honestly seem pretty woke for a bunch of drunk 40 year old white guys from Milwaukee.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I really dont understand the appeal of zelda games. Link to the past was awesome for it's time but the gameplay of most zelda games kinda sucks.

Zelda fans, why do you think it's good?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They are beautiful and exciting worlds with lots to explore, funny and silly characters to go on adventures with, and cool epic dungeons with awesome boss fights and magic weapons. Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, BotW, just epic sweeping fantasy worlds that feel lived in with lots to do and see and discover.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah the 10 year old plinkett reviews have some sort of tasteless and dated 2000’s “I killed a hooker in my basement and now I have AIDS” style humor but they’re still funnier and have better media analysis than anyone else. They say way, way less offensive poo poo these days and honestly seem pretty woke for a bunch of drunk 40 year old white guys from Milwaukee.

Their media analysis is top-notch even when it's way off-base, but generally yeah they're reasonable dudes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I really dont understand the appeal of zelda games. Link to the past was awesome for it's time but the gameplay of most zelda games kinda sucks.

tgey never had better consoles as childers

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Also: Dragon's Dogma.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

They're just kinda chill and fun. I think I probably like them for the same reason I like Dragon Quest: they're just overflowing with charm.

My two favorites are Wind Waker and BotW. My enjoyment of Wind Waker pretty much just comes down to vibes, I think. The combat, puzzles, and exploration (sailing) are all fun enough, but without the impeccable vibes I probably wouldn't keep coming back to it the way I do.

Breath of the Wild's kind of a different story. That one's real divisive around here I know, but until Elden Ring it was the best example of open world design I'd ever seen, and it's still really impressive in that regard. It has ample flaws that I've written far too much about but just the joy of getting in that world and running around doing stuff was enough to carry me through two playthroughs.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I also think Zelda games are bad and unfun. I don't find exploration and purposeful obtuseness fun though so just not for me. But I also don't like fantasy and not got into orcs and elves and poo poo

Also GTA is a better series.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dark Souls games are largely just “Zelda for adults” so it’s nbd, even if you don’t like Zelda games you probably love a game that owes everything it has to Zelda.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Dark Souls games are largely just “Zelda for adults” so it’s nbd, even if you don’t like Zelda games you probably love a game that owes everything it has to Zelda.

Dark Souls games are also "Castlevania, but it isn't dead"

I miss Castlevania :smith:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Vikar Jerome posted:

Really enjoying seeing posts around the world wide web from americans and df brain addicts as they lose their collective poo poo about 50hz ps1 games.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. No one here (dumbass island) knew there was a difference until people started getting chipped usa imports and noticed weird poo poo from the ps mag demos. Once you stop giving a poo poo about 50hz, framerates and resolutions, true enlightenment will be yours, this is what miyamoto has been trying to tell you since the wii came out. :colbert:

50hz was "fine" when you actually owned a 50hz TV. But I'm not even sure PS5 can output 50hz.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zelda puzzles are just tricky enough to make you feel like you’ve figured something out, but easy enough that a total moron can solve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Unlike SONY or Xbox first party titles, Nintendo games are literally developed so that children as young as 6-7 can beat them completely. No one is designing God of War or Horizon: FW for kids to beat, or to even understand