Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1drlOZSDw

Mission: Impossible trailer is now officially online. Turns out the music was not a placeholder, but whatever.

Looks great but also off the charts on "oh hey it's that guy!" energy. Bringing Kittridge back is pretty inspired, if this two-parter is really going to cap off the series.

I must be developing late onset face blindness because I thought that was Paula Patton at first but apparently it is Hayley Atwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3_5N_dpAE

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really liked (most of) Thor 3 but that's really not doing anything for me. I thought it this was going to be the thing that broke through my MCU fatigue but watching that just made me feel tired.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If they actually do the God butcher storyline justice, it could be way better than Ragnarok, but it's hard to tell much from that trailer. Christian Bale has enough cachet that he probably isn't just going to be a throwaway villain, but who can say

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

What exactly constitutes a "god" in the MCU? Haven't they established that Asgardians are just strong aliens with advanced tech (now maybe retconned into magic ever since Dr. Strange) or something?
Is Zeus another strong alien?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Are you strong enough to call yourself a god? Then you’re a god

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

"Gorr" redirects here. For the characters from Marvel Comics, see Gorr the God Butcher and Gorr the Golden Gorilla.

Now I'm sad that Christian Bale is not playing a golden gorilla.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I really liked (most of) Thor 3 but that's really not doing anything for me. I thought it this was going to be the thing that broke through my MCU fatigue but watching that just made me feel tired.

I recall the Ragnarok trailer also being pretty "meh", so I'm holding out hope.

That said, MCU fatigue is definitely setting in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmllggGO4pM

I'm all for Chris Evans as a mustache twirling villain.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I must have bonked my head because I remember Blade Runner 2049 very differently

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmllggGO4pM

I'm all for Chris Evans as a mustache twirling villain.

Getting big Henry Cavill reloading his arms energy from that last clip. Looks pretty fun.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks very generic, especially in a world where MI exists.

That said the cast is stacked as hell and I'll watch anything with Ryan Gosling so... I'll watch it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

BonoMan posted:

That said the cast is stacked as hell and I'll watch anything with Ryan Gosling so... I'll watch it.

Ridiculous own-goal to drop it a day after the M:I trailer came out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lmao they brought back Natalie Portman??? lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sirotan posted:

Getting big Henry Cavill reloading his arms energy from that last clip. Looks pretty fun.

hell i think it looks more fun than Mission Impossible. i just can't bring myself to care about anything in the MI movies

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

precision posted:

lmao they brought back Natalie Portman??? lmao

Natalie Portman kicking rear end is a little silly but nothing could look as ridiculous as Gweneth Paltrow put on an Iron Man suit and tried to go punch demigods

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
insane to me that the Russo Bros didnt call out themselves as the directors of Arrested Development, obviously their best project

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Did they direct the reunion seasons? Cause WOOF.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vintersorg posted:

Did they direct the reunion seasons? Cause WOOF.

NARRATOR: They did not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bows1 posted:

insane to me that the Russo Bros didnt call out themselves as the directors of Arrested Development, obviously their best project

Community is better imo

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Even the original run of Arrested Development has not aged well.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

BonoMan posted:

It looks like Captain America: Winter Soldier, or Marvel hat-and-glasses movies in general.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

whydirt posted:

Even the original run of Arrested Development has not aged well.

Mr. f is the funniest thing with the lamest punchline.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CelticPredator posted:

Community is better imo

Community was such a great show, it's a real shame it got cancelled after three seasons

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm terrified of revisiting the first two seasons of AD for fear that I might not like them anymore. I skipped 5 and loathed 4 and was even pretty iffy on 3 when it was airing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

I'm terrified of revisiting the first two seasons of AD for fear that I might not like them anymore. I skipped 5 and loathed 4 and was even pretty iffy on 3 when it was airing.

i rewatched the whole thing when the reunion came around and i found the first two seasons actually hold up a little better than the later ones, in a kind of "low budget 90s" way

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Russos' best show is Happy Endings.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

live with fruit posted:

The Russos' best show is Happy Endings.

I didn't realize they did that show. It's one of my favorites ever. So loving good.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BonoMan posted:

I didn't realize they did that show. It's one of my favorites ever. So loving good.

A largely talented cast (sorry to Dave but he was kinda mediocre) with amazing chemistry, the bloc with that and Don’t Trust the B was never gonna last but I loved it while it did

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, Happy Endings was really good.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

feedmyleg posted:

precision posted:

i rewatched the whole thing when the reunion came around and i found the first two seasons actually hold up a little better than the later ones, in a kind of "low budget 90s" way

1 and 2 are still really good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Happy Endings was really good.

The shuffling of episodes was extremely confusing that was a crime

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Thaddius the Large posted:

A largely talented cast (sorry to Dave but he was kinda mediocre) with amazing chemistry, the bloc with that and Don’t Trust the B was never gonna last but I loved it while it did

For a leading-man type, he partook in some really outlandish behavior.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
time to rewatch some Happy Endings itt

and also Don't Trust the B

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

feedmyleg posted:

I laughed more in the 1st episode then I did the entire time of the new poo poo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Happy to report Top Gun Maverick owns. Legit excellent film. Kosinski is 4 for 4 with me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

teagone posted:

Happy to report Top Gun Maverick owns. Legit excellent film. Kosinski is 4 for 4 with me.

I'm so happy to hear this haha :allears:

I like Kosinski

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm so happy to hear this haha :allears:

I like Kosinski

I've become disinterested in US military-related films over the past decade or so, but god damnit, Kosinski directed the hell out of this movie. The action is insane. Tom Cruise is insane. And holy poo poo the nostalgia hits so good, lol. Myself, along with my brother and cousins, loved the first one when we were kids. I can almost guarantee my brother is gonna cry at certain parts when he sees it this weekend lmao.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

teagone posted:

I've become disinterested in US military-related films over the past decade or so, but god damnit, Kosinski directed the hell out of this movie. The action is insane. Tom Cruise is insane. And holy poo poo the nostalgia hits so good, lol. Myself, along with my brother and cousins, loved the first one when we were kids. I can almost guarantee my brother is gonna cry at certain parts when he sees it this weekend lmao.

Very cool. I never cared about the original but this one looks like a wild time all things considered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

This is music to my ears. I just rewatched the original the other night and was really hoping Maverick was going to live up to it.