Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-confirms-ps3-games-still-wont-support-dlc-on-ps-plus-premium/

holy moly Sony what are you DOING

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
asuras wrath without the dlc lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

how is it possible to do this this badly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

remember whn everyone was tearin nintendos rear end for the expansion pack? lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

asuras wrath without the dlc lol
Say it with me now.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1528889263936241664?t=3sQ6ZIDXICRUZT-oK-2k3g&s=19

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
look, we can all just admit I was right about Xbox and move on

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Remember, if you bought the Bucket of Piss + poo poo before 2/15/21, you’re all set, you WILL be grandfathered into the free refills program. It just sucks for everyone who bought after.

Lol

HolePisser1982 posted:

Remember, if you bought the Bucket of Piss + poo poo before 2/15/21, you’re all set, you WILL be grandfathered into the free refills program. It just sucks for everyone who bought after.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe I'll get an Xbox after all...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Harrow posted:

Maybe I'll get an Xbox after all...

Its epic. and they only charge you a single dollar, once, to upgrade 3 years of xbl gold to game pass premium

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
gamepass is the best goddamn thing in gaming

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

at this rate the only way I'll get a PS5 is when a reasonably sized version exists and our PS4 dies

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

doesn't Xbox have full backwards compatibility now? If I get a series X can I play Lost Odyssey again?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Harrow posted:

doesn't Xbox have full backwards compatibility now? If I get a series X can I play Lost Odyssey again?

yes, and not only BC but everything runs better and in a higher resolution now too. many 360 games run in 4k now and increased FPS, even original xbox games. It's not full BC, there are some games missing due to licensing bullshit, but its a hell of lot of games, especially from 360. their BC team is incredible

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Harrow posted:

if it's on the BC list then yes a Series X can play it

unfortunately MS has officially ended BC porting and I have a bunch of games that didn't make the cut, so I'm holding onto my 360

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

yes, and not only BC but everything runs better and in a higher resolution now too. many 360 games run in 4k now and increased FPS, even original xbox games. It's not full BC, there are some games missing due to licensing bullshit, but its a hell of lot of games, especially from 360. their BC team is incredible

this, and Lost Odyssey is one of the BC games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

this, and Lost Odyssey is one of the BC games

:worship:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres the big list of backwards compatable 360 and original xxbox games https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward-compatible_games_for_Xbox_One_and_Series_X/S

all xbox one games work on series, except kinect titles. if any games get a upgrade from one to series, thats free and automatic outside of a very small handful of 3rd party titles i think

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thank you sony

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

elf help book posted:

thank you sony

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I bought a one x entirely for BC. It’s a shame they are ending the program but I’d imagine the number of people holding on to 20 year old games is probably fading.

Panzer dragoon orta upscaled with a smooth frame rate is a delight. Feels like it hasn’t aged a day.

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 24, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

I bought a one x entirely for BC. It’s a shame they are ending the program but I’d imagine the number of people holding on to 20 year old games is probably fading.

Panzer dragoon orta upscaled with a smooth frame rate is a delight. Feels like it hasn’t aged a day.

i regularly buy some old games on the cheap on the modern xbox store

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1528293198782771200

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't have an Xbox but PC gamepass is win as hell

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
they ended the BC program for now because the games remaining were in licensing hell and they couldn't get permission, if anything changes, hopefully when they buy actblizz, they will probably add more (hopefully wolfenstein 2009 and Quake Wars ET)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

i regularly buy some old games on the cheap on the modern xbox store

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1528293198782771200

Thank you Sony

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don't have an Xbox but PC gamepass is win as hell

Yep. Once again enlightened by the imps

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

they ended the BC program for now because the games remaining were in licensing hell and they couldn't get permission, if anything changes, hopefully when they buy actblizz, they will probably add more (hopefully wolfenstein 2009 and Quake Wars ET)

burnout 3,.......

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

they ended the BC program for now because the games remaining were in licensing hell and they couldn't get permission
:actually:

this was their official line but ehhhh. It makes sense for Simpsons Hit and Run, but I really doubt Treasure let them have Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun but wouldn't allow Bangai-O. Or Cave said OK to Guwange but wouldn't give anything else.

These are weird smalltime games that wouldn't make any money so I can't really fault MS for calling it, but they mean something to ME damnit

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

burnout 3,.......
I'm more mad about Burnout 2 tbh. 3 has all that lovely 00s pop punk soundtrack so it at least makes sense. 2 has no licensed music or cars. Give it to me you stupid bitches!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m late for this a bit but the PS3 is def worth it as a metal gear console. You can play the entire series on it though V is probably a little rough.

I had a lot of ps1 jrpgs on it too but I think Sony hosed that all up now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

my morning jackass posted:

I’m late for this a bit but the PS3 is def worth it as a metal gear console. You can play the entire series on it though V is probably a little rough.

I had a lot of ps1 jrpgs on it too but I think Sony hosed that all up now.

PS1 JRPGs is one of the best uses of the vita too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol just looked at the op of this thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

elf help book posted:

lmao.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Nice. I prefer this instead of backwards compatibility.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox Ambassador posted:

No ape escape lol

Good news!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011