Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I loving hate facebook marketplace. I hate the stupid "is this available" button. I hate having to read a million dumbass thumb typed messages instead of just having a conversation with a potential buyer that deliberately searched for the bike I am selling.

I miss craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Yerok posted:

I loving hate facebook marketplace. I hate the stupid "is this available" button. I hate having to read a million dumbass thumb typed messages instead of just having a conversation with a potential buyer that deliberately searched for the bike I am selling.

I miss craigslist.

Yeah. I don’t bother with FB Marketplace for the same reason. Kijiji is decent, but maybe it’s still just a Canadian thing.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The search was designed by someone who has never purchased a used item on the internet.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Finger Prince posted:

conflate 'referring to the continent of Africa' with 'that's racist'.

Several of my colleagues in the same office refer to all black people as "African-Americans". We work in Switzerland. It boils my piss.

(We work at a US company but this is in the context of global clinical research)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

Several of my colleagues in the same office refer to all black people as "African-Americans". We work in Switzerland. It boils my piss.

(We work at a US company but this is in the context of global clinical research)

Incredibly swiss though.

So swiss it boils your piss.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm sitting in an a&e right now because, for the first time, I crashed a customer's bike.

Trying to descend a long, downhill winding driveway in soggy conditions and I fell.

Why? Because it's a hosed old 690 with a completely random and unpredictable tendency to slam the idle up to about 3500rpm with no warning. So I was descending on a shut throttle with a little bit of rear brake drag when the loving thing surged open right as I was approaching a steep transition between sloped and level ground. It just immediately pushed the front out and flopped me on my rear end, my elbow and knee are shredded but it could've been a lot worse.

loving KTM gently caress YOU loving gently caress oval office poo poo gently caress

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It heard you talkin' poo poo. Karma To Mechanics.

I'm kidding mate, I hope you're ok, that your wounds are superficial and heal quickly. I hope the bike is thoroughly ruined so that its cursed carcass cannot do any more harm, and that your insurance premiums don't get hosed as a result. At least you get the satisfaction of having killed one even if you took some licks doing it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Later at a wreckers yard...
"Huh, what a weird place to be doing squats... Wait, is he... is he teabagging that motorbike?? Oi! Slavvy! Is that you?!"

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Get well soon Slavvy. And next time ATGATT ffs.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm fine, just some grazing. I was in clothes because I was literally puttering it to the end of the driveway which is maybe 100m at most, specifically because I didn't want to ride the stupid thing at any kind of speed or near cars, never went over 20kmh. It was the perfect storm of poo poo - greasy wet driveway, new front tire, completely hosed clutch, bike that likes to surge unexpectedly. The only right thing I could've done was just not test ride the dumb thing at all.

Luckily it is an SM and such a turd that you can't really tell the difference so it's been resolved as nbd.

E-P
Apr 21, 2016
Had to lay'er down ae bro?

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

It heard you talkin' poo poo. Karma To Mechanics.

I'm kidding mate, I hope you're ok, that your wounds are superficial and heal quickly. I hope the bike is thoroughly ruined so that its cursed carcass cannot do any more harm, and that your insurance premiums don't get hosed as a result. At least you get the satisfaction of having killed one even if you took some licks doing it.

…I mean, you DID kill it, right??

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Slavvy posted:

I'm fine, just some grazing. I was in clothes because I was literally puttering it to the end of the driveway which is maybe 100m at most, specifically because I didn't want to ride the stupid thing at any kind of speed or near cars, never went over 20kmh. It was the perfect storm of poo poo - greasy wet driveway, new front tire, completely hosed clutch, bike that likes to surge unexpectedly. The only right thing I could've done was just not test ride the dumb thing at all.

Luckily it is an SM and such a turd that you can't really tell the difference so it's been resolved as nbd.

Sorry man. Rest up, get better.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Rest up and heal up. Hope the customer puts that thing to death.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Talk poot get moot OP. Next time don't trifle with team orange unless you are Ready2Race.

:ghost: edit: feel better man :(

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shoulda warmed up the tires.

J/k I hope the owner don’t try to gently caress you and that it’s over fast. Is there any kind of “you agree not to blame any future problems on this incident” contract?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Revvik posted:

…I mean, you DID kill it, right??

I assume he actually shredded his knee and elbow beating the poo poo out of the motorcycle after it tossed him.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

poo poo week continues.

Get booked to do safety checks at a government run bike event. A random fucken guy who did this once, when I wasn't available, decided to volunteer himself to come and 'help' and the bloody organizer told him ok before asking me. Now I have to deal with this oval office trying to have a pissing contest with me every five minutes, doing the first year philosophy student thing where he thinks everything he's learned is somehow news to me. Two cats in a fucken bag.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

loving KTM gently caress YOU loving gently caress oval office poo poo gently caress

The Eastern Empire Strikes Back.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This popped up in my feed again and made me chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u15gcCaNXLE

One of the things I really miss about having a bike was Going Wherever the gently caress I Want.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
lmao sorry can't hear you this engine is really loud byeeeeeeee!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's such gold. "uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh"BRAAAAAP BRAAAAAAP. I miss having a supermoto :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol thats the move right there

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Canlis deez nutz

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

"I can't hear you i have earplugs in" *braaaaps away*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

4 (both sides)

5 (2 hands = one skeleton)

15 skeletons in total that I could find

and this

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Balls and skeletons.

Not the worst wedding theme.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The Nazi symbolism is bothersome and completely un-surprising, but what's really sticking in my craw is the low amount of effort applied to those red "pinstripes". I give a pass to the flame cutouts on the heatshields because it's hilarious.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Gorson posted:

The Nazi symbolism is bothersome and completely un-surprising, but what's really sticking in my craw is the low amount of effort applied to those red "pinstripes". I give a pass to the flame cutouts on the heatshields because it's hilarious.

Kinda surprised there aren’t 14 skulls tbh.

That skeleton over the headlight is almost so dumb that it wraps back around to being all right. That’s the nicest thing I can say about that bike.

Showed this to our partner who runs a bicycle shop and he said that probably made you (Slavvy) feel the same way Burning Man bikes make him feel.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

why is it so crooked?!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Geekboy posted:

Kinda surprised there aren’t 14 skulls tbh.

That skeleton over the headlight is almost so dumb that it wraps back around to being all right. That’s the nicest thing I can say about that bike.

Showed this to our partner who runs a bicycle shop and he said that probably made you (Slavvy) feel the same way Burning Man bikes make him feel.

The little Nazi guy on the headlight has the back of his jaw shaped such that when the headlight is on, it glows so I guess it's like a quick way to verify your light still works?

Carteret posted:

why is it so crooked?!

The stripes are reflective safety tape.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

If you don't start off with a perfectly centered chrome skull on your fork bag it will absolutely impact your drunken pinstripe application.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

there isn't a thing in that photo that is aligned properly that the PO has done.

I wonder if he's walleyed

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

There are many things to dislike about San Francisco, but all these "self driving" cars are personally one of my least favorite things.

Cruise is, in particular, the worst. They deliberately drive recklessly or poorly in order to create traffic scenarios for which they need that all-valuable data.

Here's one sitting in a right-hand turn lane (with a red light) with his left-hand blinker on, as two motorcycles approach. After they pass him, the light turns green, he sits there for 5 seconds, waiting for me I am sure. Once I'm close enough, he turns on his right blinker, proceeds into the intersection, then just stops. It's ok, though! They have a warning on the rear hatch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iricgbSQ1q0

(No sounds because the music I was listening to get flagged for copyright infringement!)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Disappointed there weren't skulls on the balls.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Usually I like talking to randos about my bikes when they ask about them. Most people either had what I'm riding back in the day, or they wanted one, or something like that, and they want to talk/reminisce about it.

Today I pulled up at a gas station and a guy in a Ruth Langmore Ford Explorer with a giant "GUNS & GOD, THE ONLY TWO THINGS YOU CAN BELIEVE IN" sticker on it pulls up. I literally went "oh gently caress you" in my helmet when I saw it. Of course he gets out and wants to talk about the goldwing. He had one, an 85, most unreliable bike he's ever had. He made <Local Dealership> take it back it was so bad. Hated every mile on it

Uh huh, sure buddy.

Why would you get out of your school shooter truck to tell a complete stranger that their motorcycle sucks?

Fuckin weirdos.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why would you get out of your school shooter truck to tell a complete stranger that their motorcycle sucks?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ngl I want to browse that shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mewse posted:

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

I wish. I already had my helmet off and was on my way inside.