Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendevil
Jun 18, 2007
I've got electric everything for lawn care (with commonality with batteries) which should last until I cover every inch with berry bushes and trees and garden space. Grass lawns are bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
My back yard is a desolate wasteland thanks to my female dog, but my front lawn has to remain at least respectable thanks to the wonderful thing that is a HOA.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Our front yard is desolate because it's completely covered by a huge pecan tree but the backyard grows grass which we keep maintained. There's stickers in it which we can't do much about because all the backyards are connected.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Ashcans posted:

Just use a scythe to mow your yard:

1) Good exercise
2) Zero emissions/noise
3) Preserves traditional skills
4) Now you own a scythe for a badass reaper costume at Halloween

Not a reel mower, you want a scythe?

Brawnfire posted:

Me, I've mostly got creeping thyme, mint, clover, wild strawberries, and violets. There's grass in there, I've been told...

That's most of mine too. I think clover used to be in grass seed mixed until Big Lawn started pushing herbicides that killed clover, and they redefined clover as a weed so they didn't have to figure out how to avoid killing it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Like I said our yard is full of buttercups now, when I was a kid I remember it being full of clover and dandelions, but I don't think that's true now. Not sure what changed.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Clover yards kick rear end. They fertilize themselves, don't need mowing, and are really drought-tolerant. People freak out about them attracting bees (pollination, the horror!), but that is dumb and bees are good.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I have 3 hibiscus bushes in front of my house that look awesome and flowery for several portions of the year (until the lawn guy hacks them to waist height instead of actually pruning them). When they're in bloom, they attract sweat bees. Sometimes I get weed-type flowers in my yard that attract other kinds of bees. Doesn't bother me, kids get scared sometimes but I've only ever been stung by wasps or hornets :argh:

I love having bees around. Pollinates and makes things prettier :shrug:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Bees rule. I've been stung by a honeybee only once, and it was my fault, I was five years old and I was running around the yard barefoot and stepped on one. Completely understandable that it would sting me in that situation, and I learned to never walk barefoot outside again. I've also had bumblebees land on me, look around a bit, and fly off without stinging at all.

Wasps and yellow jackets though, they are motherfuckers.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i will destroy any yellow jacket nest near my home and i will never feel bad about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i will destroy any yellow jacket nest near my home and i will never feel bad about it.

Yellow jackets aren't bees

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Medullah posted:

They're beeaboos.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
carpenter bees can gently caress right off

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I stepped on a yellowjacket nest in the forest when I was a teenager. I took off sprinting as soon as I heard the buzz, and those fuckers chased me all the way back to my house...at least 500 yards, stinging me the entire way. 28 stings, in all. It was like 27 years ago and hearing a wasp/yellowjacket buzz still fucks me up. gently caress those assholes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Medullah posted:

yes, as the post just above mine illustrated

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes, as the post just above mine illustrated

Look you can't expect me to read every post

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Elephant Ambush posted:

carpenter bees can gently caress right off
Not to be confused with mason bees, which live in my siding and are all my friends.

https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2053/2017/01/Orchard-Mason-Bees1.pdf

They don't do any damage, despite what some people will tell you.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

cat botherer posted:

Not to be confused with mason bees, which live in my siding and are all my friends.

https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2053/2017/01/Orchard-Mason-Bees1.pdf

They don't do any damage, despite what some people will tell you.

In the pdf they’re described as a ”gentle beneficial insect”. A set of qualities we should all strive to attain.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gentle beneficial insect.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Wasps are also pollinators and just need a good PR firm.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Guavanaut posted:

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gentle beneficial insect.

Qyburn can fix this

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
the real threat to my local bee population is my idiot dog, who thinks spicy flies are just the tastiest snack

I only have about 100sqft of garden space but I think next year I'm gonna go whole hog on attracting bees/butterflies and poo poo, bees are neat

e: idiot dog

TheKennedys fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 26, 2022

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Imagine being such a bootlicker that you're sharing this after the news that cops did nothing for an hour.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh yes the right wing strategy to fix everything is just to set up machine gun emplacements around every loving building.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

borkencode posted:

Imagine being such a bootlicker that you're sharing this after the news that cops did nothing for an hour.

Worse than nothing because when they went in they yelled out for kids to yell if they need help before taking out the terrorist and a girl cried for help, getting shot by the terrorist in the process.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
That guy probably has some Very Cool opinions about inner city schools.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

borkencode posted:

Couldn't you easily substitute the word "rob" or "murder" for "defend"?

Also, we defend our courts with guns by not letting any in, searching people and setting up metal detectors. Same with sporting events.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

borkencode posted:

It's the top two-thirds of this image that's the real problem. I'd make some snarky comment like "are you in an active loving warzone or something" but I know the answer is "not yet, but give us a few more weeks"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

I am watching on news about Gay Pride parades. That's fine. But kids are seeing rainbows and ballloons and fun without knowing what it means. So they maybe excitied about being a rainbow kid without knowing what that means. Therefore there needs to be hereosexual parade so kids can see happy man woman relationships too. In this day and age with so much chaos and divorce and other bad stuff kids need to see loving relationships of all kinds including man woman reltionships. They need to see happy families, happy mother's and fathers and babies too. need to make man woman relationships fun again too.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe instead of being a piece of poo poo you would still be married and could show your kids a happy relationship.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Invalid Validation posted:

Maybe instead of being a piece of poo poo you would still be married and could show your kids a happy relationship.

She's divorced and also her parents were kinda abusive. I gunelinely think she does not believe happy marriages exist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally someone standing up against the complete lack of man woman relationships in media and society.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

HootTheOwl posted:

need to make man woman relationships fun again

uh buddy

if they arent fun for you, i have an idea of something different to try

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nature trails

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

We need to bring back positive man woman relationships. The marriage between two hideous amalgamation of men and women with one arm and leg dainty and feminine and the other hairy and buff, only one breast, and genitalia that warps and shifts in a horrifying storm of flesh and bone is beautiful and must be supported for the soul of the nation.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

simplefish posted:

uh buddy

if they arent fun for you, i have an idea of something different to try

woman man relationships!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CuddleCryptid posted:

We need to bring back positive man woman relationships. The marriage between two hideous amalgamation of men and women with one arm and leg dainty and feminine and the other hairy and buff, only one breast, and genitalia that warps and shifts in a horrifying storm of flesh and bone is beautiful and must be supported for the soul of the nation.

A Timecop marriage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

A Timecop marriage.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's the plot of Cable and Deadpool and it's a loving great funny book

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR