Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Revins posted:

I normally don't look at the raws but I did

hmmmmmmmmm

same, put me in a tizzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

pik_d posted:

I'm extremely confused, it looks like they redrew the latest chapter to make Saitama less sympathetic which pushed Garou towards "God"

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270296674344129439

I wonder if its some kind of meta time travel type thing where "God" literally influenced the comic itself?? This is dumb I'm dumb.

Visuals are really cool but yeah, much confusion right now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/dDucgQx/1/1/

Edit: Yeah, in this version Saitama seemingly "mocks" him by using only one hand to fight, then Garou see's him differently after being put in the water before the final punch of the battle

pik_d fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 25, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, the visuals are nice, but Saitama sitting down with Garou to talk it out was hundred times better than this.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, the visuals are nice, but Saitama sitting down with Garou to talk it out was hundred times better than this.

Agreed, preferred that a lot more

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I do wonder if that talk will be saved for later

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I liked the first version better, and weird that this one kinda ends at a different place completely.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I would genuinely love it if that one poster is correct and "God" has been warping reality and changing the plot to suit its own needs. I would absolutely love an in universe explanation for the redraws.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Boo, the new look for Garou and the stuff with God is cool but the original version ending with Garou and Saitama sitting down to talk was so loving good :mad:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hope the next eight chapters are the same 50 pages but with slight variations until king figures out how to break the loop

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gologle posted:

I would genuinely love it if that one poster is correct and "God" has been warping reality and changing the plot to suit its own needs. I would absolutely love an in universe explanation for the redraws.

Garou is daffy duck

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i am gonna take a guess that we're still gonna get to Garou and Saitama sitting and chatting... only now there'll be more filler in between. which is annoying because i really wanted the plot to progress...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we’re getting God vs Saitama already does that mean OPM is ending?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
For what it's worth, I also think the previous version was better, I'm just saying I would launch out of my seat if it turns out the redraws are canon.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RatHat posted:

If we’re getting God vs Saitama already does that mean OPM is ending?

This isn't that though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like this version better, for reasons

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This version is terrible. Why this sudden drastic rear end u turn.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I don't think I've stopped to think on it much but I think this might be the only ongoing series I've ever followed that will go back and actively retcon the story even to the point of totally changing what happened just a chapter ago. I've not even read like fanfiction or other very informal works that's done it like that where I need to understand that multiple pivotal events could have been altered and I don't notice and get really confused later like the stuff with the mercenaries.

It's weird, I guess.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Caidin posted:

I don't think I've stopped to think on it much but I think this might be the only ongoing series I've ever followed that will go back and actively retcon the story even to the point of totally changing what happened just a chapter ago. I've not even read like fanfiction or other very informal works that's done it like that where I need to understand that multiple pivotal events could have been altered and I don't notice and get really confused later like the stuff with the mercenaries.

It's weird, I guess.

I'm going to quote this from the other thread because I think it actually should be posted here:

skaianDestiny posted:

I think the issue is that people are thinking the online chapters are the final releases, when they're not. It's the tankobon releases that are the final version. We're not getting the final product, we're getting the rough drafts. They're highly polished rough drafts, but they're still up for being completely reworked on a whim.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, it's actually really neat to see a manga getting revised. I wish we got author's notes alongside them.

Anyway, I actually like this version of the chapter better because God and Blast's gang are the most interesting new things in the manga version, and it doesn't preclude ending up the way the first version did after a longer and cooler fight.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm guessing they'll talk it out after whatever comes next. Something to look forward to, y'know?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama's gonna Neo dive inside of Garou and go fight God before he comes back to talk to Garou (spoilers, oops we already know about the table 2 years early)

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Gologle posted:

it's definitely this. if you notice the way the moon is framed at the ending of the previous and in the middle of this one, it's meant to look like an eyeball.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

FZeroRacer posted:

it's definitely this. if you notice the way the moon is framed at the ending of the previous and in the middle of this one, it's meant to look like an eyeball.

I was just saying something dumb, it's not going to be this, I'm so sorry for planting the dumb seed of a dumb idea :negative:

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I never had any doubt that Garou would be seduced or manipulated by God to increase the stakes of the fight. It's just surprising to me that ONE had such a significant change of mind right after creating the plot point of Saitama sitting down with Garou for a chat in the first iteration.

I do hope we come back to that at some point because I thought it was a cool, unexpected twist for a battle manga to pull.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This isn't the first time a chapter was retconned immediately by the next release. Remember back in the tournament when Saitama was pretending to be Charanko and that former senpai first showed up?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is cool and all, but I do prefer Saitama sitting at a table with a monster.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Togashi did this after his convo with Murata

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grrr I'm so mad! Bring back the old Murata!

https://twitter.com/PokemanZ0N6/status/1529132379574611968

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This is highly confusing to me because it seems to be such a big change coming so late that, does it mean ONE and Murata has no idea where the comic is going? Or are they speeding along to a conclusion that was planned before?

I do like the more serious and intimidating tone of this fight now though.

Interesting that it is now Saitama that says 'Something is coming', where in the webcomic it was Garou

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Just let him do season 3 please

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

This redraw chapter is bad because it got rid of smug Saitama Face

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ha ha the OPM chapter on the SJ app that just went up id the pre-revised one.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Was just about to post this myself. Has this happened before? This seems bonkers that they would publish it this way.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Remembering things from the webcomic I can understand the shift but it's sad to lose "Let's just chat" solution. Odds are it'll come back and we're just getting more insane action first.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Even wilder is that Viz published the original chapter as their official release when this one seemingly wasn't even days behind.

e: this looks like it'll be fun, but its no where near as compelling as the original release. Garou just got tricked bad.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 25, 2022

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah this is such a strange swerve. I gets redrawing to add continuity like they often do but to immediately completely change the story flow is just bizarre. Like did he draw the previous chapter as a joke alternate ending that mistakenly got pushed? There's too much effort involved to make that a simple mistake.

Definitely like the previous version more but then new design is at least visually great.

E: autocorrect

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 25, 2022

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

What makes the most sense to me is they were storyboarding for a future chapter and realized they forgot something ("God" influencing Garou, Awakened Garou) and had to redo this chapter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I get the feeling this is going to end the same way with them sitting at the table but for whatever reason this new development is being inserted before it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Wouldn't it be that the fight was just too short after all this build up?