Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/morebuttertv/status/1529151981792727040?s=20&t=O56n7bwSG3BspCqcBvJFeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lol and, I cannot emphasize this enough, lmao

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love the tacit admission that people can absolutely be born in a country and hate it/dislike its policy, but somehow it's still immigrants that are the problem on that front. You know, the people who actually have to want to be in the country, risk their lives to be there, and probably had to learn more about the country than any native-born idiot just to get in.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Extremely important that it be this weird lovely online monkey and not any other tossed-together piece of poo poo animated monkey, for the success of this show

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
darn we absolutely were gonna make a show about the dumb clipart but oh noooooo it was stolen, that's totally 100% why the project was killed, it totes was a real thing

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sounds to me like the thief respects flags just fine, in fact he can't get enough of them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Vexed by the vexillogical

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

A full year and Fartlow's still got her replies locked.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zero_Grade posted:

A full year and Fartlow's still got her replies locked.

In a way that's even funnier than any reply could ever be

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Read After Burning posted:

Former member of One Direction, a boy band. "I found people online were being weird to members of boybands/idol groups" is kinda cheating on my part, though. :P

He also made a biphobic/bi fetishizing song, so gently caress that guy. :hai:
https://genius.com/Liam-payne-both-ways-lyrics

VVV Oh YEAH, I didn't even include all the people claiming this is a PR thing/something his label is forcing him to do, instead of...a gently caress-boy being publically busted for being one?

i dont read the lyrics as biphobic. i read the lyrics that they are both bi. flip that body yeah i got tails. hes in a devils threesome right there. enjoying hands all over your body and mine. every day is his birthday because he gets to gently caress dudes and his gf.

it probably is fetishizing though even with my interpretation.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Len posted:

Coward locked her tweets

Kinda surprised it took her this long:

https://twitter.com/_Ellimac__/status/1528806984425869315

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It would be very funny if the terrible show was canceled because none of them understand copyright law

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I love that the pitch the article quotes him with is like "What if your neighborhood bartender... was Bored Ape Yacht Club #8358?"

Leaves me wanting a new Betteridge's Law of NFT Headlines. If any headline about NFTs is a question, the answer can routinely be assumed to be "That would suck for everyone and help no one."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

theironjef posted:

"What if your neighborhood bartender... was Bored Ape Yacht Club #8358?"

I would never drink again

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Len posted:

Coward locked her tweets

A quick scan of her TL and it seems that she's temporarily switched from saying that it's ok to kill Palestinians to championing Amber Heard.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

this tweet is funny as hell, too bad it’s sincere

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

A quick scan of her TL and it seems that she's temporarily switched from saying that it's ok to kill Palestinians to championing Amber Heard.

She dated Heard for a while so she has skin in this game at least.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

theironjef posted:

I love that the pitch the article quotes him with is like "What if your neighborhood bartender... was Bored Ape Yacht Club #8358?"

Leaves me wanting a new Betteridge's Law of NFT Headlines. If any headline about NFTs is a question, the answer can routinely be assumed to be "That would suck for everyone and help no one."

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFVV1211/status/1528043201885442048

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/status/1529208070114447360

:ironicat: Really!

"I'm not interested in hearing your political takes", says person whose whole loving Thing is sharing their un-asked-for political takes!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/status/1529208070114447360

:ironicat: Really!

"I'm not interested in hearing your political takes", says person whose whole loving Thing is sharing their un-asked-for political takes!

Yeah, now's not the time for that. Too soon after the most recent shooting.

Hang on, I'm being handed a note...

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

It's like a nightmare. Boring, hopeless reality being invaded by the shittiest art you've ever seen. It's like if Garden State was Roger Rabbit.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I find this oddly calming. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. It's not good at all, but it doesn't evoke feelings of "oh this is awful" in me either. In fact not only does this not evoke any kind of emotional response I think it actively created a sense of complete nothingness in me.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/conspostingls/status/1529223609197424640?s=21&t=d-HDcpC5TbneYqjukE1QKw

Yes yes charlie Kirk is cheating.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/659427797853536256

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

christmas boots posted:

I find this oddly calming. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. It's not good at all, but it doesn't evoke feelings of "oh this is awful" in me either. In fact not only does this not evoke any kind of emotional response I think it actively created a sense of complete nothingness in me.

it reminds me of like, the old Cartoon Network commercials where Samurai Jack would be in a real laundromat just doing his laundry or whatever, down to the weird, kind of amateurish filming

there might actually be an audience for a show like that, shorts featuring a heavily stylized or even deliberately simple animated character being incredibly mundane to evoke something strange but so familiar that the two cancel each other out, buuut pulling that off in any effective way would require some real creative juice and artistic/directorial ability rather than just a thousand dollar monkey scam

Lunatic Sledge has a new favorite as of 00:07 on May 25, 2022

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1529234787579355136?t=HA7cug8rQl4yaHrm4nFYDg&s=19

I just...can't fathom thinking this was a good idea to put out there

Edit: confirmation that Matty doesn't wash his loving hands

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1529240476418809859?t=AKX7NZMh6XUZYWKTV-mhCg&s=19

Woozie66 has a new favorite as of 00:37 on May 25, 2022

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woozie66 posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1529234787579355136?t=HA7cug8rQl4yaHrm4nFYDg&s=19

I just...can't fathom thinking this was a good idea to put out there

It's the ol "There's starving kids in Africa, so your problems are insignificant!" play.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I assure you, my problems are very significant

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or the liberal version of "if you don't like it, leave"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
don't gotta hand it to matty but it's also an enormously and stupid us-american thing to be like "oh my god this is literally the worst place to live on god's green earth cretacious period to now let me explain to one of the twenty nicer countries how kuh-razy it is..."

meanwhile it still has more immigrants per capita and gross than the EU.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair I assume a large amount of immigrants are just buying America propaganda rather than making well researched decisions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair I assume a large amount of immigrants are just buying America propaganda rather than making well researched decisions.

Tbf (short for to be fair) so are Americans

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Also a big part of the reason the US has so much money is because we spent centuries plundering people and resources from other parts of the world. Immigrants want to go where the money is!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

oldpainless posted:

Tbf (short for to be fair) so are Americans

This is true, whatever else you can say, Americas propoganda game is really on point

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is true, whatever else you can say, Americas propoganda game is really on point

Yet another thing we’re number 1 in

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Saying “this is the worst place in the world to live” is just the inverse of saying “this is the best place in the world to live.”

This is just one of the many lovely places in the world to live. :patriot:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

While I know that's not what he's saying, due to him being a stupid chud, I DO wish left-leaning people would stop jumping to "I BET IT WAS AN ANGRY WHITE GUY, PROBABLY A RACIST ONE" at the very moment of hearing of a mass shooting. It helps no one!

If that turns out to be the case, it achieves nothing but feeling smug. And if the attacker turns out to be from another demographic group, well...now what? Sure, if the motive of the shooting was white supremacy, then chances are good that the attacker is white, duh. But why assume this before knowing the motive, much less who the shooter is? It's not like he's blasting a swastika in the air over the active shooting like a racist Batsignal. Other races/ethnicities can decide to want to shoot up a crowded place, as anger or mental health issues are not solely restricted to straight white men...and it's dangerous (and infantilizing, if not racist) from a mental health standpoint to think so!

At this point, "I bet it was a man" is probably the only safe assumption before learning any facts. :shrug: Because...men DO be killing, am I right, ladies? :smug:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 01:35 on May 25, 2022

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Saying “this is the worst place in the world to live” is just the inverse of saying “this is the best place in the world to live.”

This is just one of the many lovely places in the world to live. :patriot:

yeah but in the 20th century we made the most OTHER places in the world worse places to live, that has to count for something

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

While I know that's not what he's saying, due to him being a stupid chud, I DO wish left-leaning people would stop jumping to "I BET IT WAS AN ANGRY WHITE GUY, PROBABLY A RACIST ONE" at the very moment of hearing of a mass shooting. It helps no one!

If that turns out to be the case, it achieves nothing but feeling smug. And if the attacker turns out to be from another demographic group, well...now what? Sure, if the motive of the shooting was white supremacy, then chances are good that the attacker is white, duh. But why assume this before knowing the motive, much less who the shooter is? It's not like he's blasting a swastika in the air over the active shooting like a racist Batsignal. Other races/ethnicities can decide to want to shoot up a crowded place, as anger or mental health issues are not solely restricted to straight white men...and it's dangerous (and infantilizing, if not racist) from a mental health standpoint to think so!

At this point, "I bet it was a man" is probably the only safe assumption before learning any facts. :shrug: Because...men DO be killing, am I right, ladies? :smug:

Yeah iirc the demographics of mass shooters tend to match the population at large save for the whole “it’s almost entirely men” aspect. Gun control and white supremacy are absolutely both problems within the US but it doesn’t do any favors to start denouncing one or the other before any facts are out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The target makes certain assumptions pretty safe. A school, who knows, a synagogue or majority black church, probably safe to assume white supremacy was the motivation

Also, keep in mind, someone doesn't have to be white to be a white supremacist.