Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
So what if humans set life back a billion years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

As grotesquely common as this has become, it's still like a one in a million chance or less that your kid gets shot at school.

I don’t loving care.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1529239624111075330

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

I don’t loving care.

Yeah same. It doesn't make me feel any better. Make it stop.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1529245022582886401

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Man my day has been busy, let’s check in on the on TFF chat thread.

Well gently caress.

I am so loving sick of the fact that apparently we must sacrifice dozens of children a year so some idiots can keep their guns.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1529221407967694849?s=20&t=Lgj4C2dmlaRbVLxYTGjSmA

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1529234787579355136?s=20&t=QlJxzUPV3mAe5AJYreZp8w

don't think I can handle another decade of this poo poo, please just collapse already America

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

correct me if i'm wrong

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For anyone interested, though I know many may not be in the mood, we are doing the usual game night tonight at 7:30 CDT.

https://discord.gg/Y97ahSpp

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Relentlessboredomm posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1529234787579355136?s=20&t=QlJxzUPV3mAe5AJYreZp8w

don't think I can handle another decade of this poo poo, please just collapse already America

I really, really wish Matty would gently caress off for ever. This insipid lib brain poo poo is the loving worst.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

I really, really wish Matty would gently caress off for ever. This insipid lib brain poo poo is the loving worst.

Everyone he once worked with is roasting him about not ever washing his hands, and how it was common knowledge. So there's that too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so

the good guys with guns

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1529255082914725888

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Obviously just needed more good guys.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sorry if I was at all insensitive. I don't expect anyone to feel better.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Vertical Lime posted:

so

the good guys with guns

found your mistake, the cops are bad guys with guns

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Isn't Ponch a little old to still be on the police force?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Guze posted:

found your mistake, the cops are bad guys with guns

The takeaway will be they need bigger guns obviously.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Ponch a little old to still be on the police force?

Goddamnit :argh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1529273544881971203?t=cNx5Vd_EfLTyTcJiWWtIWQ&s=19

Very inspiring, Mr. President

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I think about this a lot

https://twitter.com/chrchristensen/status/1529228352523059203?s=21

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorry if I was at all insensitive. I don't expect anyone to feel better.

It’s fine. The odds aren’t helpful, though, when sending your kid to primary school is like “The Lottery.”

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Sorry to president Joe Brandon but half the country is insane and will murder you if you suggest even a minor inconvenience to get their guns

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wow yeah, I hope he can find someone with a lot of political power who can do poo poo like that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

Wow yeah, I hope he can find someone with a lot of political power who can do poo poo like that.

Maybe he can get the most powerful man in America (Joe Manchin) to do something

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

At this point I'd even be okay with tanks rolling onto the White House lawn right now if a military government would do something

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

WHO IS THIS "WE" YOU'RE THE loving PRESIDENT AND YOUVE BEEN IN POWER FOR FIFTY loving YEARS YOU SENILE OLD poo poo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Guess who's gonna get more funding!!!

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1529277856051826689?t=eWiKN-_dLuB4IyXJAVvdRw&s=19

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

It’s fine. The odds aren’t helpful, though, when sending your kid to primary school is like “The Lottery.”

realtalk, literally all of American existence feels like the lottery but without the "once a year" part

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Guze posted:

half the country is insane

Here's the problem. And not just insane, but entrenched in key governmental positions from which they are impossible to uproot. The fearmongering and 24/7 propaganda blast since the mid-90s has obliterated any chance of rational dialog on not just this subject, but anything that could be considered an us vs. them argument.

I used to think that just maybe, some event like the alien attack in The Watchmen could possibly bring people together, but I think the post 9/11 profiteering/abuse of trust has soured me even on that possibility.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

realtalk, literally all of American existence feels like the lottery but without the "once a year" part

Well the confluence of multiple stressors like “impending fascism,” “potential financial ruin due to aging or medical problems,” “dying from contaminated food due to poor food regulations,” “the end of life on earth due to climate change” seems like enough without adding “send my children to school with a nonzero chance of them being executed for no reason because guns are plentiful.”

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

up to 19. the cops engaged and let him run in a school and kill 19 kids

https://twitter.com/MikeBalsamo1/status/1529285055058694145?s=20&t=NNHTW1nNkUQF-w9xkPPHrw

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Well the confluence of multiple stressors like “impending fascism,” “potential financial ruin due to aging or medical problems,” “dying from contaminated food due to poor food regulations,” “the end of life on earth due to climate change” seems like enough without adding “send my children to school with a nonzero chance of them being executed for no reason because guns are plentiful.”

And should they dodge that bullet (I didn't even intend to make this a pun but we're beyond the pale here) your children won't be able to learn basic history at school, or how to get along with certain people--who could be themselves. And someone's going to make sure they don't learn about gun laws too at this pace.

I guess to be fair learning about guns and how they work would help gun law advocates out in the end because a lot of them seem to be morons too.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Again I ask, what do cops actually do

yes I know, the answer is nothing

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Move countries, parent goons. I double dare you.

And please report back how it goes :)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Guze posted:

Sorry to president Joe Brandon but half the country is insane and will murder you if you suggest even a minor inconvenience to get their guns

Right, like I'm pretty tired of Tweets about how this is Mitch McConnell's fault when him and the other craven assholes are just giving people want they want. It's literally AMERICANS fault - the giant, loud segment of mainstream Americans who support gun rights above all else. They are the ones to blame. The GOP is reaching out to that audience, they're not creating it. It's the same thing with white supremacy. In both cases - whether you're talking about Republican leadership or Tucker Carleson - they're chasing an audience and tapping into a deep undercurrent of sentiment for their own gain.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Right, like I'm pretty tired of Tweets about how this is Mitch McConnell's fault when him and the other craven assholes are just giving people want they want. It's literally AMERICANS fault - the giant, loud segment of mainstream Americans who support gun rights above all else. They are the ones to blame. The GOP is reaching out to that audience, they're not creating it. It's the same thing with white supremacy. In both cases - whether you're talking about Republican leadership or Tucker Carleson - they're chasing an audience and tapping into a deep undercurrent of sentiment for their own gain.

Fox and republicans follow the feral hogs not the other way around.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have to restrain myself even thinking about any cop that did not sacrifice their own life trying to prevent an armed maniac from entering an elementary school. That is their sole reason for existing.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The eternal issue there is expecting cops to be Captain America that would jump on live grenades to protect the lowly citizen, and not thinking they're fallible humans that think "I hope I get home to my own family tonight."

What I'm saying is our utopian future involves ED-209's patrolling our street.

The ones from the god-awful 2014 ones which were actually competent

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I have to restrain myself even thinking about any cop that did not sacrifice their own life trying to prevent an armed maniac from entering an elementary school. That is their sole reason for existing.

There was a cop on campus at Stoneman Douglas too and he didn't do poo poo either.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Cops don't care about the public. They literally used human shields in Miami two years ago in a shootout. No cop has risked a single iota of what any health care worker has over the last two years.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Was that the time the cops just shot through a UPS driver to get to someone, with the company thanking the police for their service after? That one always stuck with me a little more for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bobjr posted:

Was that the time the cops just shot through a UPS driver to get to someone, with the company thanking the police for their service after? That one always stuck with me a little more for whatever reason.

That also happened!! But I was referring to the time they engaged in a shootout on a highway and took cover behind occupied vehicles and used them as cover to return fire, meaning return fire would hit said occupied vehicles. Imagine being stuck in traffic and a random dude just opening up next to you and receiving a hail of gunfire to your car and you in return.