Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

SMRPG doesn’t have the cultural cachet to support that kind of trick

what else could square do with a remake? adjust the music? the yoshi race theme scientifically cannot be improved

Just replace the Square OCs with beloved Nintendo characters. Geno gets replaced with Link, Mallow with Kirby. Game is instantly 10x better, and everyone will probably forget that those other characters ever even existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Link and Samus are already in SMRPG though

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they’re saving SMRPG for the switch pro, Big Yoshi deserves nothing less than the 4K treatment

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I AM the Switch Pro!!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'd play a Switch...if I had one! My brother has one but he doesn't have most of the games I would want to play. I'm on a MH World kick right now.

Willo567 posted:

What sucks is that there's a much better collection that's coming out that not only has these games, but also Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap and Wonder Boy Monster Lair along with (mostly) every single home and regional variant of these games, yet it's not going to be released digitally, and the physical version is only being sold by Strictly Limited Games, who only have the €99.99 edition on their site now for the Switch version

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all/products/wonder-boy-anniversary-collection-collectors-edition-nsw

I want this really badly but I don't have 110 dollars to throw at it right now, and the whole "only 3000 copies available!" thing kinda pisses me off. I know that's this company's deal but it sucks poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Iirc Super Mario RPG didn't have a pal release not that I would have been able to get it even if it did because we were a mega drive family

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The SNES Classic would be perfect if it could be turned on wirelessly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

boy does that take me back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_q9y5vSIrw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bug Squash posted:

Just replace the Square OCs with beloved Nintendo characters. Geno gets replaced with Link, Mallow with Kirby. Game is instantly 10x better, and everyone will probably forget that those other characters ever even existed.

you cant replace geno and mallow OP

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

I'll allow Super Mario RPG: Definitive Edition, but only if the artstyle is replaced with "newgrounds artist trying to make Mario look badass"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'd play a Switch...if I had one! My brother has one but he doesn't have most of the games I would want to play. I'm on a MH World kick right now.

I want this really badly but I don't have 110 dollars to throw at it right now, and the whole "only 3000 copies available!" thing kinda pisses me off. I know that's this company's deal but it sucks poo poo.

Yeah, I'm not into collector's editions and don't really wanna shell out 100 bucks for this. I may try asking my friend if he'd be interested in al the feelies because I only really care about the game

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Bug Squash posted:

Geno gets replaced

how dare you

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

okay this is going to bother me: I remember a video just like this except I think peach and bowser had guest verses

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was it this? Doubt it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdwze-Wj6_4

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nrook posted:

okay this is going to bother me: I remember a video just like this except I think peach and bowser had guest verses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXng_kD9ZA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
badass newground mario ftw

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Oh yep this is it. Huge nostalgia right now

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I beat Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth; pretty short and neat Metroidvania and a surprising use of Record of Lodoss War in the year of our lord 2022

Playing Cyber Shadow and this game is kind of hard, but it scratches an NES Ninja Gaiden itch I had

Dunno what to get into next though; have a shitload of indies sitting on the switch, but the ones that kind of catch my eye right now are Chicory, Cosmic Star Heroine, Enderlilies, The Messenger, Spiritfarer, and House of Fata Morgana. And I guess I do have Celeste and Hollow Knight to get through too

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So what are the odds that there will be DLC for Kirby and the Forgotten Land? They really did a great job on that game and I find that need more Kirby-eating-things action.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They did a bunch for Star Allies but that launched feeling half finished and Forgotten Land feels more fully featured

hatty fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 25, 2022

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

badass newground mario ftw

they always used the forest maze song but where is Boosters theme

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm honestly not sure what they could even add to Forgotten Land.

Like Star Allies was based around the different playable characters, so adding more of those was a cinch, with a 2nd campaign coming later.

That isn't really something Forgotten Land really focuses on. And Forgotten Land actually has more of a fleshed out post-game than base Star Allies.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Araxxor posted:

I'm honestly not sure what they could even add to Forgotten Land.

Some sort of replayable postgame thing that gives rare stars? They have a feature where you can power up abilities further with them but you can’t really use it much. It takes several hundred to fully power up everything, and once you use up the single-digit number of spares the only way to get more is clearing the arena over and over for one star each time.

That was the one part of the game that made me wonder if they were going to add stuff in an update.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like them to add suplex

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Gimme frog coins gimme cookies

nrook posted:

It's one of the oldest memes, recognized throughout the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxiTuPy9dQ&t=142s

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

MechaX posted:

So I beat Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth; pretty short and neat Metroidvania and a surprising use of Record of Lodoss War in the year of our lord 2022

Playing Cyber Shadow and this game is kind of hard, but it scratches an NES Ninja Gaiden itch I had

Dunno what to get into next though; have a shitload of indies sitting on the switch, but the ones that kind of catch my eye right now are Chicory, Cosmic Star Heroine, Enderlilies, The Messenger, Spiritfarer, and House of Fata Morgana. And I guess I do have Celeste and Hollow Knight to get through too

May I suggest Touhou Luna Nights? I'm going to jump on that after Blasphemous and it's from the same devs as Deedlit so I'm sure it's good. I'm not into Touhou but any excuse for a chill Metroidvania on the shorter side.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I’d like it if the next Nintendo console had some more powerful hardware. maybe a new button

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd like two screens

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
There should be one bad and one good screen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

There should be one bad and one good screen

your screen off and your screen on

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

I’d like it if the next Nintendo console had some more powerful hardware. maybe a new button

It should have six face buttons. Sega had it right.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Switch successor should have two screens because we need Etrian Odyssey back.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Srice posted:

The Switch successor should have two screens because we need Etrian Odyssey back.

Absolutely this!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

two screens doesn't work as well when u dock it though ..........

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

An Actual Princess posted:

two screens doesn't work as well when u dock it though ..........

what if you hold one of the screens in your hands? Like it could be built into the controller

wait hold on

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the next nintendo console will be the "flip" and will have a screen on the front of the handheld and also a touch screen on the back, only visible if you physically flip the console over. It will be as bewildering as it is popular.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Instead of speculating blindly, I prefer to use the scientific method.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Snake Maze posted:

Instead of speculating blindly, I prefer to use the scientific method.

I can't wait for my Nintendo brain implant video game experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there should be a button on that has mario give you encouraging words and gameplay advice when you press it