Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Campeones Cup (MLS Cup vs. LigaMX winner) will be September 14 with NYCFC hosting Atlas/2022 Clausura winner at Yankee Stadium (I assume this will change at the last second and the Pigeons will have to play their home game in Maine or some poo poo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Friendly reminder that the Seattle Sounders have a CONCACAF Champions League title and your team doesn't.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/TheStrikerTexas/status/1522011561090555904

Well, there we are. Wouldn't expect him to be ready against the Galaxy, though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Friendly reminder that the Seattle Sounders have a CONCACAF Champions League title and your team doesn't.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

whypick1 posted:

Was just coming here to shout y’all out. That’s a big loving deal and you should be proud of buying another trophy lol I’m lying but I had to be a bit petty

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Speaking of pettiness:

https://twitter.com/MadiShanley/status/1522262821534257153

Super tempted to fly out there for the match.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Madison what the gently caress
eh whatever if it pisses off the FO then I guess it’s ok

also, begrudging congrats to the Sounders. throwing a load of money at a team then actually knowing how to make it work isn’t something that happens enough lately in this shithouse league

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 5, 2022

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

seattle's cup will forever have an asterisk beside it, but congrats for technically winning it

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Azerban posted:

seattle's cup will forever have an asterisk beside it, but congrats for technically winning it

and their first MLS cup too, istg

that’s soccer for ya!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Hate is a disease. Get well soon, ya bitter bitches

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dalmuti posted:

the world is on fire, gonna keep hatin’ til the sweet release of death takes me

…on the bright side of things though I’m working with a friend who has a TV in the office so when euro footy is on we can watch it. hammering away at spreadsheets, hootin’ and hollerin’ at City shooting themselves in both feet and thighs yesterday was a bit of a treat so that’s a dece combo of being able to hate on paid company time.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Dalmuti posted:

It's terminal so gently caress you

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/ATLUTD/status/1523664622288793600?s=20&t=f0mJEkUrfmHihUsNqOV2zw

Pretty cool how no one on the USMNT can stay healthy :smith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guardian article about how the Pigeons are still playing in goddamn Yankee Stadium

quote:

“Yankee Stadium looks a lot worse on TV than in person, in my opinion” ... says Brooklyn-based NYC FC fan Björn Bellenbaum.

As someone who's seen a game there: lolno

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Only the Timbers could score 7 goals and not get a Hat trick out of it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah baseball stadiums are poor venues for soccer for the same reason they were poor venues for NFL games when it wasn't the #1 sport in the USA: seating/viewing angles are weird.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

♪ It's the most wonderful time of the year ♪

Updated MLS salaries are out

https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

important bits:

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1526607533393301506?t=ha8jF4Q4umjo7JO7O10NtQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewVisnovsky/status/1526632183007301632

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
MLS games always start at random times. 8:30 on the dot? Seven minutes later? 25 minutes later? Who knows!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I’m at the Red Bull game and that goal lmao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

<list of all the teams Kei Kamara has scored against>

The missing teams would be Austin, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Nashville, :rip: Miami 1.0 and :rip: Tampa Bay. I'd be down to see him get those 5 that he still can.

You can cross Nashville off the list. That also puts him tied for 4th all-time with Jaime Moreno at 133 and 1 behind Jeff Cunningham. Landon Donovan sits at 145, Wondo at 171.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Huge win for Austin over LAFC. Dumb penalty kept it from being an even more impressive shutout on the road.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

shirts and skins posted:

MLS games always start at random times. 8:30 on the dot? Seven minutes later? 25 minutes later? Who knows!

They started publishing actual kickoff times this year though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's a primer on why any true Austin soccer supporter views *rl*nd* C*ty as Public Enemy Number One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aribDq3bq8Y

I've been waiting over a decade for this Sunday.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Vancouver have no goalies right now, and the league got rid of the pool goalie when covid started.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
There actually was a pool goalie last year (Greg Ranjitsingh), but TFC signed him in the offseason and he doesn't appear to have been replaced. There was also a pool keeper in 2020 (2 apparently!), but Vancouver couldn't use one when everyone got injured at MLS Is Back because of paperwork relating to being a Canadian team, so Hasal started and they borrowed one of Montreal's backups IIRC.

(as an aside, there is a Wikipedia entry on the pool keepers and it's a rollercoaster ranging from Hey It's That Guy (Rowe, Konopka, and Stuver got their pro starts in the pool) to Literally Who? (half the names don't even have other entries!))

Anyway they've loaned in a CPL keeper for the weekend and also brought along Max Anchor, one of the teenage goalies from the surprisingly good Next Pro team - not sure which of the two will start but I suppose Vancouver's bizarre goalkeeping curse might launch another career tomorrow?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 21, 2022

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

That'll work this weekend but Whitecaps also have a CanChamp game on Wednesday and Niko is cap-tied...

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
If Cropper and Boehmer aren't out of COVID protocols by then (which I suspect is what they're betting on), maybe they'll bring in Alexander from WFC2? He's on an amateur contract and probably wants to protect NCAA eligibility so won't sign with MLS for a league game, but maybe the CanChamp is less of a problem for that?

idk

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Galaxy gonna miss the playoffs again because Chris Klein keeps burning DP slots on guys like Douglas Costa and Kevin Cabral (on a five year deal!$

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

Galaxy gonna miss the playoffs again because Chris Klein keeps burning DP slots on guys like Douglas Costa and Kevin Cabral (on a five year deal!$
The best part is that Klein blew a DP slot on a player like Costa who has legs made of balsa wood and then he goes down injured for the Galaxy and we're supposed to act shocked.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This weekend's games will be the ones where all the teams wear the recycled plastic jerseys that's supposed to raise awareness about something you'll forget about after 2 seconds.

At least they're not "white" and "kinda grey" like some of the versions.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Every match will be Cincinnati-Atlanta United, circa last year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Still keeping the stupid name though.

https://twitter.com/cfmontreal/status/1530198557021675520

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Eh, it's OK. Gotta have that Fleur-de-lis, though!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I’d buy that car.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
There were some pretty goals in last nights NY v DC game

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

o drat

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1531310459017908224

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cool, another national team keeper firmly glued to bench in Europe. At least it will be in La Liga, for a bit of novelty.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

At least they’ll be paid and trained properly for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
He'd almost certainly be sent out on loan for a year or three

trem_two fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 30, 2022