Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

nine-gear crow posted:

Georgia Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Promises She Will Murder Police Officers

wait

We must execute the Babylon complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
A lot of these idiots live off of this white-washed constitution instead of the reality version.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-lee-pocket-constitution_n_5f88b08cc5b681f7da1fdee3

"It was an annotated version that’s published by a fringe Mormon group founded by the late conspiracy theorist W. Cleon Skousen and which has become the favorite of anti-government extremists and right-wing figures, including the men who led an armed seizure of an Oregon wildlife refuge over the conviction of two arsonist ranchers."

"The booklet is annotated in such a way as to make it seem like the founders envisioned a solely Christian nation and a severely limited federal government. It includes both the Constitution’s original text and several religious ― at times out-of-context ― quotes from the Founding Fathers."

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-oregon-standoff-constitution-20160121-story.html

"Cliven Bundy, who had a copy of the booklet during his 2014 standoff with federal agents on his Nevada ranch over unpaid grazing fees. His sons Ammon and Ryan brought it to the Oregon wildlife refuge."
"“It’s something I’ve always shared with everybody and I carry it with me all the time,” Cliven Bundy told The Times on Thursday. “That’s where I get most of my information from. What we’re trying to do is teach the true principles of the proper form of government.”"

OgNar fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 24, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Asked about accusations that Lee peddled false history and sent a dangerous message to extremists, Carroll said, “Sen. Lee is a strong supporter of the First Amendment precisely because so many people throughout America’s history have sought to persecute religious minorities because of their beliefs.”

Ah yes, like when people like Sen. Lee wanted to persecute Muslims because of their beliefs.

Hmm, wait a second...

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Man Kandiss gets nuttier the more I see of her.
And she's on the board of education.

Here she talks about that we had the founding fathers come over and destroy American Indians homes to allow us our first amendment rights.
Which is the right to worship jesus freely

https://i.imgur.com/vVPnpFZ.mp4

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
:eng101: You have Georgia because the British government wanted a buffer zone between the Carolinas and Spanish Florida, one that was originally intended to allow neither guns or slavery.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's all quite coherent if you turn off your brain and listen with your gut. Bad people are bad and do bad things, we need to get violent because these are hard times and the enemy is doing it to us already. All the details like who specifically, what they're actually doing and so on are "I'll know it when I see it" stuff that nobody cares about. Just be ready to do violence because (((those))) kinds of people deserve it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Fighting Trousers posted:

:eng101: You have Georgia because the British government wanted a buffer zone between the Carolinas and Spanish Florida, one that was originally intended to allow neither guns or slavery.

I also believe that they banned Catholics in there as well….or maybe that was Maryland. Dickhead colonists get confusing even for a history teacher.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

OgNar posted:

Here she talks about that we had the founding fathers come over and destroy American Indians homes to allow us our first amendment rights.

Jesus wept. With that kind of rhetoric, she could be president.

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

OgNar posted:

She's nuts but is she even going to get 5%? Purdue should have the right-wing crackpot vote sewn up.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Does anyone see this ending well for America? I just can't imagine religious zealots seizing the government and rewriting everything for themselves ending any way other than violence and I loving hate it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's hard to see how this can end well for America, you're a rich country, but the constant coddling of insane religious people has left you in a very weird position. You're like Saudi, but with the status of a western society. Half your political elite are absolute lunatics by normal Western standards.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It was never going to end well. The constitution is so laughably outdated that it had to be amended about two dozen times, and its laws are based on

a) A lack of factions/parties.
b) Trust that good statesmen will be elected that are worthy of the public's confidence
c) A series of pinky swears not to be evil.

Thing about people like Kandiss is a dynamic I've seen repeat itself over and over: a fringe candidate runs, everyone has a laugh about how nutty they are. The candidate loses, but their ideas are mainstreamed and the GOP incrementally moves to the right as Democrats wring their hands over decorum and the sanctity of our holy institutions.

I'm pretty jaded, and I'm not trying to infect anyone with 'nothing matters', but I think the system will self destruct sooner rather than later.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 24, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A desperate priest dials the phone with a trembling, bloody hand as the sound of native war-cries close in. Debris fills the air of the besieged church.

"Hello? Founding Fathers!?"

"You got us." snarls a voice on the other end.

"We need help! Please! The Indians, they're killing every Christian!"

Already the sound of the Founding Fathers jetcopter could be made out in the distance.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

drat, it looks like it's time for some thoughts and prays tweets.

So is Texas going to go full, "everyone including teachers open carry now?"

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-b4e4648ed0ae454897d540e787d092b2

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Right wing media is going to blame schools being Gun Free Zones and say that teachers need to be armed, yes.

quote:

the governor identified the assailant as Salvador Ramos and said he was a resident of the heavily Latino community about 85 miles (135 kilometers) west of San Antonio.

Oh, okay, they'll also blame immigrants.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Does anyone see this ending well for America?

Nope

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wing media is going to blame schools being Gun Free Zones and say that teachers need to be armed, yes.

Oh, okay, they'll also blame immigrants.
Tonight's Tucker will be just constant immigrant blaming, I would imagine

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

And he might not even be an immigrant, but even if he's not that fact wouldn't matter to right wing media. It just fits too perfectly with their narrative of "foreign hordes are coming to murder your children."

Yet another pile of child corpses and all that will happen is the right will continue to demonize non-whites, and the Dems will just shrug their shoulders and say "Gosh wish we could do something, no of course we're not going to get rid of the filibuster so that we could do something."

e: I hope I don't sound like I'm being flippant about the fact that children were murdered but this is the second worst elementary school shooting in this country and literally nothing happened after the first except a right wing media figure getting grieving parents harassed. It's just hard to see any actual change coming from this.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 25, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Old tweet stolen from a goon on discord

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mel_Ankoly/status/1157810785508139008

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Dems honestly deserve to get wiped out if they can't bust some balls over this and loving kill the filibuster to get poo poo done. Children loving dead and Manchin/Synema are like "b-but tradition (counts stacks of cash)"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Does anyone see this ending well for America? I just can't imagine religious zealots seizing the government and rewriting everything for themselves ending any way other than violence and I loving hate it.

Under his Eye.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

The Dems honestly deserve to get wiped out if they can't bust some balls over this and loving kill the filibuster to get poo poo done. Children loving dead and Manchin/Synema are like "b-but tradition (counts stacks of cash)"

Seriously? gently caress off. 52 right wing assholes in the senate doesn’t make the people who are actually trying to do good work the bad guys.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
gently caress that poo poo. Maddy Wheels made one comment about cocaine orgies and his poo poo got blasted over the whole web. We need dead hooked on yachts and poo poo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Murgos posted:

Seriously? gently caress off. 52 right wing assholes in the senate doesn’t make the people who are actually trying to do good work the bad guys.

The problem is I have my doubts that they're actually trying to do good work. I'm honestly not sure that they won't pull the same thing the Republicans did when they got control of the House/Senate and suddenly go "Uh poo poo now we actually have the ability to follow through on our constant votes to end Obamacare, what do we do now?"

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Murgos posted:

Doing nothing but tabling votes you know the two fake Democrats won't support is the same as doing nothing. They should do *anything* meaningful; Republicans have learned to play every governmental system like a fiddle, meanwhile the Democrats haven't even entertained the idea of not calling Sinema and Manchin a Dem. But boy they'll sure use this and Roe v Wade for fundraising.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murgos posted:

Why can’t they manage to do any good work? If they really wanted Manchin on a leash, they’d put him on one. Look at what the republicans did to Cawthorn merely for mentioning their coke orgies. Manchin surely has worse dirt than some cousin face-loving.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Also LOL how have there been zero repercussions for Ginni Thomas coordinating with the loving insurrection? Fox News covered Obamas tan loving suit for weeks and a sitting Supreme Court justice is sitting while his wife plots the overthrow of the government.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeahhhh this nation's gonna crash and burn tbh. I'm just stocking up on sleeping pills so I don't have to be around to watch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The US has sown the seeds of right wing dictatorships to maintain empire and now that it's collapsing the power of the state is refocusing inwards to an area where it has more control.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Less Fat Luke posted:

Also LOL how have there been zero repercussions for Ginni Thomas coordinating with the loving insurrection? Fox News covered Obamas tan loving suit for weeks and a sitting Supreme Court justice is sitting while his wife plots the overthrow of the government.

The system works!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

XtraSmiley posted:

drat, it looks like it's time for some thoughts and prays tweets.

So is Texas going to go full, "everyone including teachers open carry now?"

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-b4e4648ed0ae454897d540e787d092b2

Mandatory open-carry.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The Lone Badger posted:

Mandatory open-carry.

How long until a teacher kills a kid in the confusion of a shoot-out?

I hate how they never factor in loving anything when it comes to the 'good guy with a gun' nonsense. How much training do they have? Is the gun and ammo maintained? Do they know how to aim properly?

They shouldn't loving have to because the idea of every single teacher being an expert marksman is laughable, but even despite the horror in a world like that they never figure out how it would work. They just believe in magical pew-pew wand like they're toddlers.

Let alone the confusion and tension in an active shooter situation. What happens when the teacher is the first person shot? What happens if people run for the exits and cross the line of fire? What happens if a teacher confuses a different student for the gunman because they're scared and decides to shoot first?

They never consider it. They never prepare for it. They want their toy and they want it now. Spoiled goddamn children, while actual kids pile up in our schools.

I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If anyone dies it was their fault for not having enough guns.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Okay, fine, let's arm all of the teachers. Who's gonna pay for all of the guns and gun training for all these teachers? And the storage of said guns so as not to add exponentially to the problem?

Hold on, I'm receiving a note. It says "wait, no, not like that"

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

I hate how they never factor in loving anything when it comes to the 'good guy with a gun' nonsense. How much training do they have? Is the gun and ammo maintained? Do they know how to aim properly?

They shouldn't loving have to because the idea of every single teacher being an expert marksman is laughable, but even despite the horror in a world like that they never figure out how it would work. They just believe in magical pew-pew wand like they're toddlers.

Let alone the confusion and tension in an active shooter situation. What happens when the teacher is the first person shot? What happens if people run for the exits and cross the line of fire? What happens if a teacher confuses a different student for the gunman because they're scared and decides to shoot first?

They never consider it. They never prepare for it. They want their toy and they want it now. Spoiled goddamn children, while actual kids pile up in our schools.

I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

They don't care about the details. All of the things you mentioned are things that allows them to blame the individual on the ground for the failure. It becomes personal responsibility at that point, and not their problem.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Do I even have to look to find out if Tucker and FOX are heavily emphasizing that the shooter was Hispanic?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

Do I even have to look to find out if Tucker and FOX are heavily emphasizing that the shooter was Hispanic?
I’m sure they did but I’m not looking it up

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

They seem to have started off with blaming trans people and "wokeness" first. That Republican backed down and deleted the tweet but gently caress if reality is going to get in the way of their hatred. We'll see who they decide is the correct target for their two minutes hate this time.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
They also never consider how much easier that would make school shootings. Now the kid having violent thoughts doesn't even have to bother sneaking a gun into the school; they can just overpower a teacher and steal one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

How long before a 13 year old black bay gets shot because the teacher “felt threatened?”